Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
I have dynatech supermaxx 1 7/8" with offroad catless midpipes and 3" 304 stainless MBRP Exhaust all the way to the back. Not scandalous yet very noticeable at idle. IT DEFINITELY WILL wake your neighbors when you fire the car up. Not too bad inside the car at normal cruising. Inside WOT is music to the ears. Outside its flat out ridiculous. My car IS tuned and there is a very faint exhaust odor. Not overwhelming by any means. But normal for a catless setup

Check these out. @ 2:20 in the first video i tried to get in it a little bit but i was wearing flip flops and my foot slipped off the gas (you can see the front end come up and then fall on its face when it happened) and by the time i got back in it strong, i was picking up the cherokee in front of me too fast so i had to let off....

The second video is just a startup, rev, and idle. I'll do a video doing somewhat of a pass on a lonely road sometime later this week. I have no idea what the car sounds like from the outside and I'm not interested in letting anyone drive my car but I really want to hear for myself what it sounds like from outside

(not yet written)" rel="nofollow"><object width="960" height="750"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7uzclaPlzS8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7uzclaPlzS8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="750"></embed></object>

(not yet written)" rel="nofollow"><object width="960" height="750"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAJDAXFvvCY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAJDAXFvvCY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="750"></embed></object>

Last edited by sixty9fordkiller; 04-18-2011 at 09:50 PM.
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
Gavros 4 Life

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White Black Stripes
if you get headers with the offroad connection pipe, can you also buy cats for it and when its inspection time take off the offroan connection pipe and ass the cats, or is the offroad pipe welded on?
Gavros 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #17
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavros 4 Life View Post
if you get headers with the offroad connection pipe, can you also buy cats for it and when its inspection time take off the offroan connection pipe and ass the cats, or is the offroad pipe welded on?
If you bought a system like ARH "short system" or Kooks or Dynatech, you can get their high flow cats THAT ARE DESIGNED FOR THEIR SYSTEM and you should be able to unbolt off the offroad pipe and bolt in the catted pipe. I dont have to worry about that or high flow cats. I live in California. You cant fart or burp here without offending someone in the CARB (California Air Resource Board) Our smog emission testing is stupid. Luckily all new cars after 2000 (or 2001. Im not too sure) don't require emissions testing within the first 5 years from the date of purchase. ANY type of aftermarket catalytic converter is illegal. ONLY OE CATS ALLOWED IN CALIFORNIA. So i didnt bother spending the extra dough for the high flow cats. What I did was shrink wrap and store the factory manifolds and catalytic setup so that when emissions time comes around, ill have to do one of 2 things, "dirty" smog the car, or put everything back to stock one weekend, smog it, then put everything right back on the next. A dirty smog runs about $100. I'll even pay double that if necessary. Even my AIRAID CAI is not California Legal. I'll just deal with it then! (if i have to)
Old 04-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #18
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
I've got the super quiet borla xr1 LT's with the catless atak system, can barely hear it anymore....cause I'm deaf..!!! LOL
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #19
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
I LOVE my Doug Thorley Long Tubes without cats. Everything else is stock. Like mentioned before they are quiet at idle but have a nice low gurgle to them, but accelerating sounds amazing!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #20
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavros 4 Life View Post
Yes contact American Racing headers and order there headers , Cats and Xpipe and then ask for offroad connection pipes.

At inspection time you will be able to insert the Cats and have it inspected.

however if you are tuned it im sure it may throw a cose inserting the Cats.

I could be wrong someone else would have to chime in but if your state doesnt do the sniffer test as TEXAS plugs directly into the car on newer cars. If the car is tuned correctly it shouldnt fail you even without cats.
I know of cars without cats and onstar sends diagnostic resports that say the emissions is still friendly lol
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote