Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2021, 07:43 PM   #1
darkknight33

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro LS
Having trouble installing footwell lighting, help please!!

Hello fellow Camaro owners! I currently drive a 2014 Camaro LS and am attempting to install red footwell lighting that I purchased from West Coast Camaro. I have the entire thing installed and ready to use, however when it comes to wiring, the pictures (1st picture) they gave me for installation instruction don’t match the wiring inside my Camaro. It says to use a t-tap connection with the grey dome light wire on the grey module, and if you look at the picture (2nd picture) I’ve provided of my car, you can see there is no grey wire where they are telling me to tap into. So I am unsure about what to do. I have seen a few different threads, one with a 2012 Camaro and one with a 2016 Camaro and even their wiring seems to differ from mine. Could you please help me identify which wire I should be tapping into for the footwell lighting? Your help is very much appreciated!
Attached Images

Last edited by darkknight33; 07-21-2021 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Adding tags
darkknight33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:55 PM   #2
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Look behind your passenger kick panel, that is where I tapped into the grey wire. Much better access; much easier to work with. (My car is a 2010)

And please don't use a lame T tap. Do a proper solder connection covered with some shrink tube.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:09 PM   #3
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
If the pin out for the BCM is the same as the picture shown you can test the brown wire and see what you get. Stick the end of your test light through the insulation on the wire. See if you get power when you open the door.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:10 PM   #4
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Look behind your passenger kick panel, that is where I tapped into the grey wire. Much better access; much easier to work with. (My car is a 2010)

And please don't use a lame T tap. Do a proper solder connection covered with some shrink tube.
THIS. I did the same thing but on the driver's side.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:05 PM   #5
darkknight33

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
If the pin out for the BCM is the same as the picture shown you can test the brown wire and see what you get. Stick the end of your test light through the insulation on the wire. See if you get power when you open the door.
This worked! Thank you for the reply. Maybe they just used different wiring color for different years, who knows. But glad it works!
darkknight33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:19 AM   #6
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknight33 View Post
This worked! Thank you for the reply. Maybe they just used different wiring color for different years, who knows. But glad it works!
Nice. Glad you got it working.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dome light wire, footwell, footwell lighting, light wiring, lighting