Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #113
rogue

Drives: 67 CAMARO
2 more years of the same body style just like the 67-69 then change the bodye style.3 or 4 engine packages just like first gen (v6 327v8 350v8 396v8) v6 ls1v8(bring that back) ls3(z/28 maybe) then the ls7 for the ss.while we are all dreaming why not have the ls9 be the new yenko! as for those copmuter novleties like nav or special lighting(they are nice)etc. the camaro needs to stay muscular and fast , period!
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #114
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
ABL to match your car's exterior, and ABL across the dash would be nice. Colored stitching to match the car's exterior could also be nice.

And a Navigation system, maybe even a backup camera.
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #115
Inferno

Drives: Z06
As long as you're asking for our Christmas lists

Shave 500 min lbs off

Z28 option

Functional Hood Scoop

Functional Brake ducts

Vert Option

Magnetic suspension option

ZR1 Wheels (That cool design and less weight)

Wider tires

More paint colors

More interior leather colors

Supercharger option

LS7 motor option
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #116
JUSTINASS

Drives: 00 SS / 10 2SS RS RJT
nothing...
It will just drive up the cost..
I will add what I want to the car aftermarket wise...
wide tires
koni shocks
lowering springs
...I understand why people want nav. but i guess I just don't understand it...everyone i know that has it built into their car...never uses it...i could see if u travel ALL the time, but for me the Camaro is not a car I would travel in...i will use my truck and RV for that...
JUSTINASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #117
AGM76

Drives: 1995 z28 - 2000 SS - 08' vette
I just want a mullet wig built into the seat so I can assume my alter ego when I feel the need to hoon.

And it needs to lose weight, so I can gain more.
AGM76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #118
Aaron1121

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
I love my car, but I think these items would make the next model year Camaro better. Most of them wouldn't even add that much cost to the car.....

- Functional Scoop

- Smaller rearview mirror for tall people. (I will pay for a new one if GM makes it!!!)

- No need for HUD. Not enough room on the windshield. Put in a tach bar, gear indicator and programmable RPM shift light on the existing DIC display, and get rid if the wierd empty space above the DIC.

- Offer a GMPP supercharger kit (preferrably magnason) that maintains the factory warranty on the car and powertrain. (I will buy it!)

- Give us one button that instantly disables all the electronic ninnys. If a mustang pulls up next to me at the light, I don't want to be fooling around pushing and holding the traction control button through various modes. I wana push one button and light um up.

- Adjustable height pasenger seat. Wife complains about visability.

- Adjustible height front seatbelts.

- Steering wheel radio volume control is on the wrong side.

- Rear seatbelts need retainer clips. They beat the inside of the car when loose.

- The cupholders are absolutley useless if you have manual car. Extend the armrest and put the cup holders in the door or behind the arm rest.

- Make the trunk button on the keyfob a press and hold, instead of instant open. It is way too easy to open the trunk by mistake.

- Make the windows roll down automatically if you press and hold the button on the keyfob to unlock the doors.

- Get rid of etched on warnings, like "objects in mirror are closer than they appear." I don't need to be reminded of that, just make it a sticker we can pull off.

- Ship black floor mats with the Grey interior car. The Gray mats are horrible. Pay the extra couple of bucks and give people rear floor mats.

- Make it so the fuel cover locks when the doors are locked.

- Single zone climate control

- Have GM work with a supplier to have aftermarket wheel locks that match the wheels, Silver, Midnight Silver, Polished, etc...
Aaron1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #119
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
Dealer installed options that show up with the car.

real ram air or cowl induction
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #120
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron1121 View Post
I love my car, but I think these items would make the next model year Camaro better. Most of them wouldn't even add that much cost to the car.....

- Rear seatbelts need retainer clips. They beat the inside of the car when loose....
Aaron, they're there. Pull down the rear seatback and look on the fender sides, if I'm understanding what you're looking for, that's where you'll find them hidden. They can be pulled out and clipped to the seat belts when you put the seat back up.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #121
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Targa top or T-Tops, NAV, HUD, backup camera, CD Changer (though this is kind of outdated with the connectivity package), ABL across dash, Polo Green, Grey Purple primer (color on my Bonneville, it's gorgeous), dark metallic brown, more engine options. Can you say LS7? Just a few ideas.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #122
mjwaldschm

Drives: 2001 Camaro Convert
Send a message via AIM to mjwaldschm
Well my wish list is from my limited time in a Avis 1LT. But other than my continued wait for the convertible I would like these options. . .

- Front and passenger seat belts builted into the seat like in the vert concept and the Chyrsler Sebring. For vehicles w/super small back seats and low roof lines it makes it so much easier if you are not trying to duck below the shoulder strap.

- Enhanced USB connection or preferrably something on par w/Sync by Microsoft. (I'm sure their licensing agreement w/Ford should open up to other manufacturer's soon. MS wouldn't keep exclusive to Ford for more than a limited timeframe)

- I would agree w/others about the option of a fully adjustable passenger seat.

- Back-up cam w/screen that is all one integrated system (stereo/nav/back-up) to cover issues with visibility

- Definitely factory painted stripes. No way I want vinyl.

- DIC a little more user-friendly/intuitive. I did start to figure it out w/out resorting to the manual but since it was a rental didn't want to spend the time when I could just be driving. Also added things like outside/inside temp, DTE, etc. some already there but just not as easy to access like my fully-loaded Durango.

- More interior customization options (my husband's request).

- I would also agree w/the gas door locking when the vehicle is locked. Smart key would be awesome.

Well all for now. I'll definitely add if I can think of more. Although I would be quite happy if I was driving one daily right now as is!

Last edited by mjwaldschm; 07-10-2009 at 05:01 AM.
mjwaldschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #123
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
I just want people to enjoy being able to own the car they order. It is tiring to hear people that waited for so long do nothing but complain about it. Oh, and a trunk monkey...

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:35 AM   #124
colorado pony

Drives: 1972 nova ss
dream list

made the hood air ram with a factory cold air kit
it would be nice to have a 6 cd changer like the mustang
add a seven speed OD manual transmission for better mpg
bigger brakes on the 2lt model
anti rear wheel hop kit
trac pack like the 2010 mustang
painted on rally lines
wider rear rims and tires for the rear
MORE HORSEPOWER....LOL
colorado pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:24 AM   #125
BDA

Drives: GMC Acadia, F250
What he said

[QUOTE=Aaron1121;656532]I love my car, but I think these items would
- Offer a GMPP supercharger kit (preferrably magnason) that maintains the factory warranty on the car and powertrain. (I will buy it!)

- Give us one button that instantly disables all the electronic ninnys. If a mustang pulls up next to me at the light, I don't want to be fooling around pushing and holding the traction control button through various modes. I wana push one button and light um up.

- Adjustable height pasenger seat. Wife complains about visability.QUOTE]

x2
BDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #126
camaross2002
camaross2002

Drives: 2002 pontiac trans am ws6
Send a message via Yahoo to camaross2002
Im telling you guys a 2011 Yenko Camaro would be ballin!!!!
camaross2002 is offline   Reply With Quote