Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #57
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
That unit is monstrous, bigger than the F1X. I really dont want to hack into my shock tower to get anything to fit. I have looked at this and was intrigued.

Im thinking, nothing ventured nothing gained. I may just try the TT route. My shop is using all quality parts and will coat the units and manifolds and the piping as well. They are going to use Precision Turbo 6766 turbos and should allow for future endeavors if i feel the need. The 3 different boost levels i did not know about.....does this require 3 different tunes? I have the EFI Live AutoCal that can store 5 of Pat G's tunes.

Thanks guys.....what ever became of Darth Emma's twin build?
No hacking what so ever fits in the current SI and YSI Vortech brackets.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #58
Quiky One

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I'd get the IPS kit and take advantage of their R&D on the kit. Jeff has done a great job on that Kit.

I've had both Centri and TT and I tell you there is a special sound & feeling TT gives you, when the twins are spooling that like taking your F-16 out that Centri can never deliver. You NEVER get tired of TT.

Just make sure you buy top quality turbo with great sealing, bearing and light blades to spin/spool fast.
I promise you, once you go TT, you never go back centri.
Agreed x1000 ^^^.

I say if you go TT, get the IPS kit. Proven and tested. R&D isn't cheap nor fast! As much as you enjoy driving the car I know what I would do.

Either way, good luck with it.
Quiky One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #59
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiky One View Post
Agreed x1000 ^^^.

I say if you go TT, get the IPS kit. Proven and tested. R&D isn't cheap nor fast! As much as you enjoy driving the car I know what I would do.

Either way, good luck with it.
My shop is really setting me up on this. I think i will be their first 5th gen with the TT and they are pretty excited about it. SNL is also the MOnster Clutch company and they have been selling alot of twins and triples. I may also go with their triple disc at the same time I know SNL Performance and they have never steered me wrong. They have my loyalty and they will always be my go to shop. The plan is custom fabricated plumbing running Precision Turbo 6766 units. Everything will be coated and setup to exacting tolerances. They have a custom fabricator and they have done TT vettes and GTOs all custom built.

I love the IPS stuff but im really getting a special deal on this if i do it.

Since i mentioned loyalty....i feel kind of bad about ditching the Centri and ProCharger.....but i need to at least try it.

Only thing bumming me out is losing the sound i have now thru the ARh headers and 3" cat less exhaust. I guess the turbos really quiet it down regardless of the manifolds or shorties. Oh well. now maybe the damn duramax and power strokes will leave me the hell alone.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #60
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Oh well. now maybe the damn duramax and power strokes will leave me the hell alone.
They'll still harass you, but not for very long.... They seem to go away quickly...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #61
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
They'll still harass you, but not for very long.... They seem to go away quickly...
Does that happen to have anything to do with how much you hit the go pedal
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #62
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
some where i have a dyno graph of a 1000HP TT vette and the same motor on 1000HP on a ysi. i laid them over each other. ill see if i can find it. you will be able to see how the power difference is between the two.
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #63
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Does that happen to have anything to do with how much you hit the go pedal
.. they just ..... disappear... and never to the front...

San Antonio Raceway... Big Dodge with a goofy looking stack sticking straight up out of the bed... He red lighted and jumped out for a fraction of a second and then I never saw him after that... I was in the 10's, he was in the parking lot licking the wounds... He thought my car was stock... It's pretty quiet, but he missed the signs...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #64
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by east TX Muscle cars View Post
some where i have a dyno graph of a 1000HP TT vette and the same motor on 1000HP on a ysi. i laid them over each other. ill see if i can find it. you will be able to see how the power difference is between the two.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #65
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
.. they just ..... disappear... and never to the front...

San Antonio Raceway... Big Dodge with a goofy looking stack sticking straight up out of the bed... He red lighted and jumped out for a fraction of a second and then I never saw him after that... I was in the 10's, he was in the parking lot licking the wounds... He thought my car was stock... It's pretty quiet, but he missed the signs...
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #66
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by east TX Muscle cars View Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #67
SGT Stretch

Bull your @ Sheppard correct? If so and your car is black, i believe my good buddy saw you on base when he was up there at the NCO Academy he has a white SS and cant stop talking about this black charged camaro he saw up there lol. all he said he could say was "Nice Car" lol
Old 02-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #68
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Stretch View Post
Bull your @ Sheppard correct? If so and your car is black, i believe my good buddy saw you on base when he was up there at the NCO Academy he has a white SS and cant stop talking about this black charged camaro he saw up there lol. all he said he could say was "Nice Car" lol
Yes, I'm at Sheppard. I remember seeing a white SS with black stripes...right? I usually drive it to work Thurs and Fridays if the weather is good. It get a bunch of looks for sure. Next time i see him I'll honk.

You're at Dyess right. As a matter of fact heading over there to shoot the High tacan to RWY 16, then the ILS approach to 16 with a NATO trainee.....in the simulator unfortunately.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #69
SGT Stretch

Quote:
Yes, I'm at Sheppard. I remember seeing a white SS with black stripes...right? I usually drive it to work Thurs and Fridays if the weather is good. It get a bunch of looks for sure. Next time i see him I'll honk.

You're at Dyess right. As a matter of fact heading over there to shoot the High tacan to RWY 16, then the ILS approach to 16 with a NATO trainee.....in the simulator unfortunately.
Haha had me there was gonna look for a trainer tonight lol.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #70
fastvee
Banned

Drives: 2011 CTS-V, 2010 SS
turbos are zzzzz
fastvee is offline   Reply With Quote