Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
TiE2000

Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
Craigslist + Post = unhappy Dealers

Let me begin by stating I was completely board the other day while sitting around at work.

Usually during these boredom fests, I hit up my top three sites for messing around, Camaro5, forzamotorsport, and craigslist.

While surfing craigslist I decided to run a search for the 2010 camaro for my local area Denver. I noticed that all the listings at that time were marking the Camaro up 5 to 10 thousand dollars over MSRP. This made me a little upset, so I decided to post, warning everyone to not pay these asine prices. Here is the post: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1377997156.html.

Now I fully expected the post to be flagged and deleted with in hours, but here we are 3 days later and it's still alive and kicking!

What lead me to post here on Camaro5 are the email responses that I have received from dealers. I must admit I don't know for sure that they are dealers but I just can't see Joe the plumber responding back with such ferocity!

So on to the meat and potatoes as it is, have a good laugh and respond back with feedback.

The first Email I received was a praise, as it appears I am not the only one who had this idea, so just to give that man a shout out here is his email.

Good for you! I posted a very similar ad yesterday and it was flagged with in hours keep up the fight! Have a good one.

Now here is were the fun begins:

1 - Email titled: Yes Please

You know why? If you owned a grocery store and you had one pack of hamburger left and the world ran out of food, what would you do? Sell it for cheap or make your money because it was so rare that people would pay. Don't be stupid because you can't afford a camaro.******* retard.

2 - Email titled: 2010 Camaro

THE FUNNY PART IS UR POSTING WILL DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITH THE MARKET ITS IS ALL ABOUT SUPPLY AND DEMAND HAS BEEN SINCE THE DAY RETAIL PURCHASING WAS ESTABLISHED. AND NOT ALL DEALERS CHARGE THAT BUT LIKE ANYTHING ELSE PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY WANT IF IT IS SOMEONE WHO CAN AFFORD THE PURCHASE NOT DREAMERS WHO WORRY ABOUT COST OF INSURANCE AND GAS MILEAGE THAT SHOULD NOT BE LOOKING AT THESE CARS IN THE FIRST PLACE……………………………………………..

So far this is all I have received; I really hope I get more as they give me a good laugh. I seems I have struck a sensitive spot with these people (dealers), that they HAD to write me an email stating their frustration with my post.
TiE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #2
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
It's truly amazing at the ignorance and stupidity shown by certain people. Everybody needs to earn a buck but there are ways of doing it without raping people.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
noisemker

Drives: RY 2LT/RS
thats awsome
noisemker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
rowerybo

Drives: explorer
Email #2 is hilarious. People should not look a at car if they are worried about insurance and gas.
rowerybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Those who know me from this forum long enough know how ANTI dealer I am, even the good ones.....

This gives even more fuel to my fire that franchise laws be abolished and manufacturers start selling their cars themselves through a distribution network owned and managed strictly by the manufacturer.

It has NOTHING to do with whether or not one can afford a car if they mark up the price, because in all honesty, if one were buying and in the market for a car with an MSRP of $35k, they can for all intents afford $40k.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the excuse they use as supply and demand, when in actuality they are just robbing people.

It irritates the hell out of me.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
newy

Drives: 05 mc ss
We need a list of dealers that honestly care for their patrons . My car was delivered at 5:20 pm sept 4th . 20 minutes after closing . Owners son called me and by the time I got there car was washed and half preped . I helped finish and out the door I was with dealer plates by 7:00 . We did paper work tuesday morning . Say what you want about small dealers but ESSENLOHR MOTORS in Lowville N.Y. is the best . I waited since last october and the only reason I will own another GM product is because of Essenlohr not corporate america .
newy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
69 rs/ss

Drives: 1969 rs/ss & 2010 L99 #3747 4/28/09
Found this great deal.... http://cnj.craigslist.org/ctd/1339486826.html
69 rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 rs/ss View Post
the most u can make a camaro is like 41k and thats with the 21 wheels and gfx and everything else
Old 09-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
What I don't understand is where did these dealers get the idea that 5k-10k over MRSP is what the market could bear. I would bet all them money in the world that they have had WAY MORE PEOPLE walk away after seeing those prices then the few who were stupid enough to pay them.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
The Dealership near me was doing the same 5k over for the v-6 and 10k over for the v-8 I went to a dealership 20 miles away and paid below sticker it's great when you have the right to pick and choose where you can go to buy a car.
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #11
Bullitt

Drives: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
...Everybody needs to earn a buck but there are ways of doing it without raping people.
You can't rape the willing.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #12
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

It has EVERYTHING to do with the excuse they use as supply and demand, when in actuality they are just robbing people.
Sorry, whether you all like it or not, it IS all about supply and demand. Why would a business sell something for less money than they KNOW they can get? May not always be the best business decision as it might cause people to shop elsewhere or leave a lasting negative impression of the dealer, but until GM tells their dealers they can't charge over MSRP, it is certainly within their right to do. It is not robbery no matter how liberal ones definition of robbery is.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #13
boricat
RJT2SS

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Convertible
Send a message via AIM to boricat
RE: Email #2

If someone were to enter that dealer willing to pay their markup the dealer would do his best to get him financed (they really don't care weather you can afford the car and the extras or not) and move the unit.
boricat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
An interesting observation today - I haven't ordered my Camaro yet - so I was at my local Jeep dealership having the oil changed on my Hemi Commander.

I wandered around their lot to find 3 nice brand new Challenger SRT8's. MSRP on them was $45k.

Then at the front of the dealership lot was a pre owned Challenger SRT8 sitting there. So i walked up and had a look... they had it listed at $49k.

How on earth does this make sense? Who would buy a used one for more than a new one when they blatantly have 3 on the lot in front of you!!!
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote