Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #15
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
did you paint them yourself? what paint did you use?
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #16
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
Dealer painted them. I'm guessing they used the same black used on the rest of the parts. DuPont Chroma Premier Black Code 8555.

It's not polite to stare.
P. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:06 AM   #17
P. Ham

Picked up my plates today.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:34 AM   #18
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Looks nice you are doing a good job on the car.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:41 AM   #19
P. Ham

Thank you 2SSRS.

Here are the red LEDs on the interior and bright white LEDs on plates.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I've been looking for a good way to black out the taillights. I love yours. Next time you talk to your dealer, could you confirm the paint they used? I really didn't realize that painting the taillights was an option. I don't like the vinyl or the acryslic "stick on" velcro kind either. I don't think they'd last. Someone told me the acrylic ones allow moisture behind and get nasty. I have been looking for a solution like yours but I don't want to mess it up.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:36 PM   #21
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
Was it hard to install your sequeltail lights? Thank's
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #22
P. Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I've been looking for a good way to black out the taillights. I love yours. Next time you talk to your dealer, could you confirm the paint they used? I really didn't realize that painting the taillights was an option. I don't like the vinyl or the acryslic "stick on" velcro kind either. I don't think they'd last. Someone told me the acrylic ones allow moisture behind and get nasty. I have been looking for a solution like yours but I don't want to mess it up.
I was surprised when they told me they used paint as well. Just keep in mind it's a permanent option. Someone said it may not pass inspection if too dark. I hope I don't run into any issues later. I plan on ordering a spoiler soon and will probably have it shipped directly to the dealer for paint and to save me a trip (an hour drive there). I will try to confirm the paint they used for the lights when I set that up. Do you know when you'll be getting your car? Will you have your car painted by the dealer or somewhere else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM MAN View Post
Was it hard to install your sequeltail lights? Thank's
It was painfully easy. It's literally just unplug and replug. Just follow the short instructions and make sure to hook up the correct bulbs (the outer bulbs). I made the mistake of doing the inner bulbs and it makes them sequence backwards. No biggie. If I can do it, trust me, you can do it.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #23
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Ham View Post
I will try to confirm the paint they used for the lights when I set that up. Do you know when you'll be getting your car? Will you have your car painted by the dealer or somewhere else?
P Ham:
Thanks for checking on the paint. I got a quote from my dealer to paint spears on my hood and they want $800. Ouch. I seem to remember reading that your dealer got $275 to do your spears (which I just love). I wish I lived closer to your dealer!

My brother and his buddy have a custom paint shop and they do great work. The problem is they live 400 miles from me. I asked him if they could do the spears, paint the strip between my taillights, and black out my bowties over a long weekend. He said they could. So, I think I'll be driving there over spring break to get that work done.

My big concern with that was if I had to leave the keys with them. He said no.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #24
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Any updates Ham? You haven't been online in awhile.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #25
P. Ham

No updates yet. I'm holding out buying anything right now because I'm in the process of buying my first house (with a garage...YAY!). I should be moving in three weeks. Part of the problem is I haven't been able to drive my car much. Someone sideswiped my other car in the apartment parking lot so I decided I don't want to take a chance of my Camaro getting hit too so I've been storing it at my parents until I move out. I only get to drive it every other weekend. I only have about 800 miles on it since December! I'm pretty sure once I drive this beast every day I'll be more motivated to get off my butt and finish my wish list.....that is....if I have any spending money left. Thanks for asking!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #26
P. Ham

I *finally* got a new spoiler (NLP) and new exhaust (MRT 2.0)!!!