Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 03-31-2022, 12:44 PM   #1
B84GTX

Drives: 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Cool Ready to get a Maro !!

Hi,

I am Arman. Have had a 5th Gen 2014 Mustang V6 (purchased Dec 2013 and sold in May 2018) and then custom ordered a 2019 Mustang GT (ordered Jun 2018 and received Sept of 2018).

Before I got the Stang V6 I always wanted to get a Maro (since 2013). However never had the $$ (Maro was more expensive than the Stang) and the visibility seemed to be an issue in the streets of New York.

The GT is now paid off. I am in Texas now and visibility and $$ is not an issue anymore. Have worked hard to come thus far.

READY TO ORDER A MARO BABY!!!

I needed help in understanding how to go by the ordering process. I want the black exterior with the Red Adrenaline seating. However I want the 1LE package too. But as you know Red interior and 1LE isn't possible together.
What will I be really missing out on if I did not get the 1LE?

Also I want delivery in March 2023. If that's the case when should I order?
Please let me know which thread I can post these questions for discussion.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
B84GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 02:03 PM   #2
Bad 1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Welcome to the forum. See the ordering/pricing subforum. There is a ton of awesome info in the stickied threads. I love my 2SS 1LE. Can't imagine not getting the 1LE spec at this point. I really didn't care for red interior, or any of the stuff that might not be available with the 1LE so it was a no brainer for me. I'd say go test drive some different cars first and see what you truly like and dislike. Right now its a pita to get a Camaro, make sure you don't wait all that time only to regret something you did or didn't order.

I've driven a handful of SS 6th gens and the non-1LE cars are a little easier to get in and out of. They have more cushion in the suspension. To me, they sort of feel sloppy after driving a 1LE, even though they aren't, lol. The 1LE is probably the most precise unmodified car I've driven and I've been involved in a lot of race car fabrication and tuning over the years. If you are a casual car guy a non-1LE car might be more suitable. I'd personally rather have a more direct connection to the road than a little more cushion. Using it daily on lots of rough roads may get old for some people.

The 2SS 1lE is everything I wanted in a sports car. Some may find it overkill. If I find a performance flaw in a car it drives me nuts. Bump steer, excessive tramlining, flex in components, etc. The 1LE is a very well put together package. I'll likely leave the car 100% unmodified for years to come. This is coming from a guy that has no problem taking a sawsall to a brand new car before the first oil change. It's pretty damn awesome right out of the box, lol.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:57 PM   #3
Bad 1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
PS the visibility isn't half as bad as it seems if you adjust your mirrors and seats properly. The cross-traffic and blindspot monitors in the 2SS are advantageous over a 1SS but certainly not a deal breaker. The rearview mirror camera is cool too but I don't find myself using it as much as I thought I would.

The first test drive I went on was really short and made me wonder about visibility a little. I had flashbacks of trying to back my 3rd gen out of a blind parking spot and almost getting t-boned. On the second test drive I went through neighborhoods, wierd intersections, parking lots, highway, etc. I realized it was nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. It's more of an initial feeling that I think most people would acclimate to very quickly. Having the seat and mirrors adjusted correctly makes a big difference too.
Old 04-01-2022, 09:00 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-16-2022, 01:49 AM   #5
B84GTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad 1LE View Post
Welcome to the forum. See the ordering/pricing subforum. There is a ton of awesome info in the stickied threads. I love my 2SS 1LE. Can't imagine not getting the 1LE spec at this point. I really didn't care for red interior, or any of the stuff that might not be available with the 1LE so it was a no brainer for me. I'd say go test drive some different cars first and see what you truly like and dislike. Right now its a pita to get a Camaro, make sure you don't wait all that time only to regret something you did or didn't order.

I've driven a handful of SS 6th gens and the non-1LE cars are a little easier to get in and out of. They have more cushion in the suspension. To me, they sort of feel sloppy after driving a 1LE, even though they aren't, lol. The 1LE is probably the most precise unmodified car I've driven and I've been involved in a lot of race car fabrication and tuning over the years. If you are a casual car guy a non-1LE car might be more suitable. I'd personally rather have a more direct connection to the road than a little more cushion. Using it daily on lots of rough roads may get old for some people.

The 2SS 1lE is everything I wanted in a sports car. Some may find it overkill. If I find a performance flaw in a car it drives me nuts. Bump steer, excessive tramlining, flex in components, etc. The 1LE is a very well put together package. I'll likely leave the car 100% unmodified for years to come. This is coming from a guy that has no problem taking a sawsall to a brand new car before the first oil change. It's pretty damn awesome right out of the box, lol.

Thanks Bad1LE.
The problem is there is no way I can test drive the 1LE and a regular 2SS as there are non in the lots. I think based on what I am hearing it’ll be a lot more fun in the 1LE. I will just go with this also I assume resale value will hold for the 1LE.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:49 AM   #6
B84GTX

Haha thanks Sir Nuke!

Tags
new order camaro 6th gen