Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #155
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Will do. I'm taking it in tomorrow morning and am bringing in the laptop so they can read this themselves. I'll report back to let you guys know!
Ok. Took mine into the dealer today. I showed my service tech this page and the post made by SDCamaro10 and how there is a new part number, etc. They have ordered me the new PDIM and part number listed above. Here's the story below.

I've had my service tech update the PDIM long ago thinking it was done correctly. I took it to another dealer for an oil change and had them check the PDIM for me because the problem was still there. As it turns out, it was never updated correctly. They updated it to the CC CE software. It still had problems (no device found when ANY type of USB was plugged in, would pick up at the beginning of the USB, etc). I took it a few weeks ago to my regular dealer asking them to check it again. They said the problem was with the USB port. I told them it was a software issue and it needed the new update. They changed the USB plug out saying it was fixed. No dice. He tried showing me saying "it's worked every time since we changed it out." He sat down, turned it on, and low and behold, "No data found on device, bla bla bla".... So, same old story. I took it in this morning, showed them the info here, and voila, ordering me a new PDIM so we can get the DX DA software/updates.

I'll let you know how it goes. Right now, my squeaky front brakes are getting their weights taken off and new pads put on. The rear deck lid rattle (NOT THE SPOILER) is also getting fixed. Then, the PDIM gets put in. Nice...getting stuff DONE around here!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #156
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
So my question for everyone. If I do not have a 2SS but a 1SS and want to put this new feature in will I be getting the new PDIM when I order it?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #157
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

If you are going to be upgrading on your own, the part is like $90 and you order the part number YOU want...not what they give you. I know they had a new PDIM at the dealer today that they brought out. However, it was not the part number listed above. So, they took it back ordering the new PDIM. You order the part number you want.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #158
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
My question is, for those of us that did the 1SS PDIM upgrade ourselves, is the PDIM covered under warranty or do we just need to buy the new module? The new module should have the correct firmware revision in it already correct? Should just be plug and play. Thoughts???
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #159
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

If you did the upgrade yourself and it's having issues (which most are and is well documented), then I would remove the module, take the part and receipt back to the parts guys, and ask to exchange it for the proper part number. I imagine that if your installed PDIM is having any sort of issues, it should be covered under warranty. The new module SHOULD have the correct DX DA update....TO MY KNOWLEDGE.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #160
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I got it from GMPartsdirect, I won't deal with them again. If a new PDIM is only $90 I may just spring for it. Although, I am contemplating a double din head unit which would negate the PDIM all together. We'll see I suppose.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:09 PM   #161
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
OK so if I want to add the capability to a camaro that doesnt have it what is the correct part # to ask for?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #162
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:

I'll let you know how it goes. Right now, my squeaky front brakes are getting their weights taken off and new pads put on. The rear deck lid rattle (NOT THE SPOILER) is also getting fixed. Then, the PDIM gets put in. Nice...getting stuff DONE around here!

Hey Tag. What is the dealer doing about the rear deck lid rattle? I need to go in and have all the same things your doing done as well. Minus the brakes.

Thanks bud!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #163
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
If you are going to be upgrading on your own, the part is like $90 and you order the part number YOU want...not what they give you. I know they had a new PDIM at the dealer today that they brought out. However, it was not the part number listed above. So, they took it back ordering the new PDIM. You order the part number you want.[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
OK so if I want to add the capability to a camaro that doesnt have it what is the correct part # to ask for?
From what I've read, the part number in bold above should be the correct number. Do as TAG says, but instead of saying, "I need...", say "Gimme!!!"
Old 01-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #164
shiftz33

Drives: 17 SS Sedan, 04 SSR
I've read most every post on the PDIM installation and/or upgrading.

My 1SS does not currently have a PDIM, I've been waiting for the "problems" to be resolved. It seems that the new "PDIM" and software update do seem to solve most of the pre-existing compatibility issues.

There were references to there being two different PDIM modules. One PDIM module which was pre-installed at the factory for any car with the C&C package and then another one you obtained via the PDIM kit to install into any Camaro without the PDIM factory installed.

The PDIM kit has the PDIM itself and the installation cable. I believe there was a post on this site with a picture of the two different PDIM modules (factory vs. upgrade).

I also see references to two "updated" PDIM part numbers.

Is one for the PDIM modules that were factory installed PDIM devices and the other for the PDIM kit?

I would also think the PDIM kit would have a new part number if they've replace the PDIM module in it.

How can one be "sure" they're getting the PDIM kit to install into their Camaro that contains the "current/latest" PDIM module?

Is there a revised part number for a PDIM kit with the latest PDIM module?
PDIM part numbers:
GM PART # 20985421
GM PART # 20927509

PDIM Kit part number:
GM PART # 20940641
Old 01-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #165
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Will do. I'm taking it in tomorrow morning and am bringing in the laptop so they can read this themselves. I'll report back to let you guys know!
Tag,

What dealership are you working with? Gunn has flashed my PDIM with the same damn software three times, regardless of what I have told them about the new hardware.

Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #166
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:

Ok. Took mine into the dealer today. I showed my service tech this page and the post made by SDCamaro10 and how there is a new part number, etc. They have ordered me the new PDIM and part number listed above. Here's the story below.

I've had my service tech update the PDIM long ago thinking it was done correctly. I took it to another dealer for an oil change and had them check the PDIM for me because the problem was still there. As it turns out, it was never updated correctly. They updated it to the CC CE software. It still had problems (no device found when ANY type of USB was plugged in, would pick up at the beginning of the USB, etc). I took it a few weeks ago to my regular dealer asking them to check it again. They said the problem was with the USB port. I told them it was a software issue and it needed the new update. They changed the USB plug out saying it was fixed. No dice. He tried showing me saying "it's worked every time since we changed it out." He sat down, turned it on, and low and behold, "No data found on device, bla bla bla".... So, same old story. I took it in this morning, showed them the info here, and voila, ordering me a new PDIM so we can get the DX DA software/updates.

Awesome! Good to hear that your dealer is working with you on this. Hope it solves the problems and gives you the newest versions. Cant wait to hear the results!

Also, I havent heard much about differences between factory, and owner installed PDIM's.. but the part number I gave is what they are putting in the camaro's with the package factory installed. If you order this part and install it yourself, there still should not be any issue with it as long as its programmed right i suppose.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #167
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
I got it from GMPartsdirect, I won't deal with them again. If a new PDIM is only $90 I may just spring for it. Although, I am contemplating a double din head unit which would negate the PDIM all together. We'll see I suppose.
Well, if you are having issues with it, there should be a no questions asked return with that proof of purchase. At least, that's my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
OK so if I want to add the capability to a camaro that doesn't have it what is the correct part # to ask for?
There's two so far that we understand work. They are listed below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Hey Tag. What is the dealer doing about the rear deck lid rattle? I need to go in and have all the same things your doing done as well. Minus the brakes.

Thanks bud!
Rear deck lid rattle. They ordered the part from "Kentmore???" that is supposed to be a brace inside the rear deck lid. Plus there is some foam that is supposed to go in there. I was also VERY specific to my service tech (known him forever) in telling him that I thought there was a loose clip or bolt...or...something in there that was causing the rattle AT the rear right speaker. He said that when it was completely apart, they'd check every bolt, every piece, everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
From what I've read, the part number in bold above should be the correct number. Do as TAG says, but instead of saying, "I need...", say "Gimme!!!"
I just showed them the page with all the info. They tried "their thing" and it didn't work. So, now try mine. That's the way I see it. Give them a shot. If they can't get it, a little help in the right direction doesn't hurt anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftz33 View Post
I've read most every post on the PDIM installation and/or upgrading.

My 1SS does not currently have a PDIM, I've been waiting for the "problems" to be resolved. It seems that the new "PDIM" and software update do seem to solve most of the pre-existing compatibility issues.

There were references to there being two different PDIM modules. One PDIM module which was pre-installed at the factory for any car with the C&C package and then another one you obtained via the PDIM kit to install into any Camaro without the PDIM factory installed.

The PDIM kit has the PDIM itself and the installation cable. I believe there was a post on this site with a picture of the two different PDIM modules (factory vs. upgrade).

I also see references to two "updated" PDIM part numbers.

Is one for the PDIM modules that were factory installed PDIM devices and the other for the PDIM kit?

I would also think the PDIM kit would have a new part number if they've replace the PDIM module in it.

How can one be "sure" they're getting the PDIM kit to install into their Camaro that contains the "current/latest" PDIM module?

Is there a revised part number for a PDIM kit with the latest PDIM module?
PDIM part numbers:
GM PART # 20985421
GM PART # 20927509

PDIM Kit part number:
GM PART # 20940641
Well, I suppose one "can't" be 100% sure since there seem to be so many upgrades. But, if Cheryl herself said the part number to get is the one I just ordered and the one that SDCamaro10 said, then you'd better believe that ordering that part SHOULD fix all the issues once and for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Tag,

What dealership are you working with? Gunn has flashed my PDIM with the same damn software three times, regardless of what I have told them about the new hardware.

Yep. They did mine too. Nada. You need the new PDIM. Take them the part number and tell them to do it. I have all my work done at Ancira off Bandera. That's pretty much the only place I'll go to as I've known these guys for 12 years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Awesome! Good to hear that your dealer is working with you on this. Hope it solves the problems and gives you the newest versions. Cant wait to hear the results!

Also, I havent heard much about differences between factory, and owner installed PDIM's.. but the part number I gave is what they are putting in the camaro's with the package factory installed. If you order this part and install it yourself, there still should not be any issue with it as long as its programmed right i suppose.
I've got my fingers crossed. I bet a million bucks that I'm going to have to wait a week for it to come in, but hey...I'll gladly wait if it means getting it done right. They had to special order the part...so....at least I'll have my brakes done tomorrow and the rear deck lid rattle. Those will be fixed.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM   #168
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Not trying to confuse anyone, but I only know what the dealer installed and the service reports lists PN 20927509. Could it be like in the old days when the factory installed part (Cheryl's number) had a different number then "the service replacement" ?

I know nothing more than what they installed and it displays the DA/DX versions. I'm a happy camper and I was very surprised they had it in stock.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote