Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
New2010CamaroLover

Drives: 2015 Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Sad sad night ladies and gentalmen...

I'm a paramedic and i just got back to the station after a horrible horrible wreck... There were 4 cars involved and 6 people... This next part is very hard for me... We had two DOA/DRT (dead on arrival/dead right there) Oh don't worry all the people involved were fine. But we lost two beauties.. A beautifully restored '69 Camaro. Costom blue paint job, beautiful white leather interior, original engine. And the other was a 1999 Z28. Black, black leather with tons of mods. Both were completely totaled, how the two owners were ok i still don't know. The only theories have is that GM builds a damn good vehicle and kept them safe. Now I've seen everything from people who've died due to crashes all the way to limbs lying in the middle of the street and plenty in between that i wont test the weak stomached with. But this... this got to me! I was so distraught on sceen that my partner had to hit me and tell me to wake up. Trust me i sent the other people with the other ambulances and i took the two Camaro owners to the hospital myself so we could cry together. The only good news, if any, to come out of this... They are both future 2010 camaro owners! Both have already ordered and, now aren't so patiently, waiting there new cars.

Sad sad night... A moment of silence for the fallen...
Old 02-18-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Very sad. Unless they were street racing then that's the driver's fault, and that makes me angry.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Well ran the gambit of emotions just then. Very sad indeed. Speaking of. I have never wore a seatbelt. Always refused. My best friend is a State Trooper. He showed me some pics of some of the messes he's had to clean up. I will be wearing from now on.

But yes, a waste of a couple greats.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
69 whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:c ry:
Old 02-18-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2010CamaroLover View Post
I'm a paramedic and i just got back to the station after a horrible horrible wreck... There were 4 cars involved and 6 people... This next part is very hard for me... We had two DOA/DRT (dead on arrival/dead right there) Oh don't worry all the people involved were fine. But we lost two beauties.. A beautifully restored '69 Camaro. Costom blue paint job, beautiful white leather interior, original engine. And the other was a 1999 Z28. Black, black leather with tons of mods. Both were completely totaled, how the two owners were ok i still don't know. The only theories have is that GM builds a damn good vehicle and kept them safe. Now I've seen everything from people who've died due to crashes all the way to limbs lying in the middle of the street and plenty in between that i wont test the weak stomached with. But this... this got to me! I was so distraught on sceen that my partner had to hit me and tell me to wake up. Trust me i sent the other people with the other ambulances and i took the two Camaro owners to the hospital myself so we could cry together. The only good news, if any, to come out of this... They are both future 2010 camaro owners! Both have already ordered and, now aren't so patiently, waiting there new cars.

Sad sad night... A moment of silence for the fallen...
I'm curious to know if either drivers were wearing seatbelts.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
New2010CamaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Well ran the gambit of emotions just then. Very sad indeed. Speaking of. I have never wore a seatbelt. Always refused. My best friend is a State Trooper. He showed me some pics of some of the messes he's had to clean up. I will be wearing from now on.

Yeah i was the same why.. Can't really explain why, just felt i could brace myself if i needed to instead of getting wrapped around a seatbelt. Then i became a paramedic and i went to too many accidents with people lying on the road after getting shot through the car or even worse when just the head is sticking out the windsheild. So needless to say i started wearing mine. lol
Old 02-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #7
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:

While I think it is ridiculous to force grown ups to wear a seat belt...
especially in a state that allows 'no helmet' motorcyclists...
I always wear the seat belt... and sometimes a helmet
too bad about the losses:(

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #8
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:

There are more than a couple of people that I care about who still say this about seatbelts..."I want to be thrown clear instead of staying in a roll-over". That's a weird thing to say and might be OK in a "one in a rare" crash. But by way far and far, the odds are against that. Glad you are converted.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
hopefuly it will never matter but if it does we'll be glad we did.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #10
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
It's a law I've learned to live with. I don't let anyone in my car ride unless they are strapped in.

Edit: Sorry to hear about the loses of those Camaro's.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #11
New2010CamaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
I'm curious to know if either drivers were wearing seatbelts.
Yeah the both were... The Z28 had airbags and they helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Very sad. Unless they were street racing then that's the driver's fault, and that makes me angry.

No, no street racing... Neither of their faults, very sad they got wrapped up in other peoples stupidity.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Condolences and RIP.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 AM   #13
5thGenAnyone?
I'm thirsty

Drives: 1 speed bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
While I think it is ridiculous to force grown ups to wear a seat belt...
especially in a state that allows 'no helmet' motorcyclists...
I always wear the seat belt... and sometimes a helmet
too bad about the losses:(
chadrcr!!! I am very upset with you if you have been riding for a while and "sometimes" wear a helmet. You should put on a helmet every single time you get on your bike and intend to go on the street. I don't want to sound naggy or anything but let me tell you a short story. I had a close friend to me die a year ago in a motorcycle crash. We were only back from our first deployment for 9 days when it happened. He was only going 30 mph and going around a turn and some jackass not paying attention pulled out in front of him so he swerved, scraped the curve, and went flying off his bike hitting a tree head first. the tree was only about 3 inches in diameter. He was NOT wearing a helmet. If he was, I would be suprised if he had any more than a headache for a couple days. Survived 15 months in hell only to die 9 days later because he didn't take the 4 seconds to strap on his helmet. RIP Johnny.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:42 AM   #14
New2010CamaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenAnyone? View Post
chadrcr!!! I am very upset with you if you have been riding for a while and "sometimes" wear a helmet. You should put on a helmet every single time you get on your bike and intend to go on the street. I don't want to sound naggy or anything but let me tell you a short story. I had a close friend to me die a year ago in a motorcycle crash. We were only back from our first deployment for 9 days when it happened. He was only going 30 mph and going around a turn and some jackass not paying attention pulled out in front of him so he swerved, scraped the curve, and went flying off his bike hitting a tree head first. the tree was only about 3 inches in diameter. He was NOT wearing a helmet. If he was, I would be suprised if he had any more than a headache for a couple days. Survived 15 months in hell only to die 9 days later because he didn't take the 4 seconds to strap on his helmet. RIP Johnny.

That's a real sad story.. i've had a friend in a simialar sitution, sucks. But i think chadrcr was making a joke.. he always wears his seatbelt in the car, and sometime a helmet in the car also.