Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
branesti

Drives: RENTALS/owned a Mustang gt
Toronto Area and Intrest Rates

So I went yesterday to local dealer and i wanted to order one. It came to 44,970 2SS 1ET37. but i was told the interest rate its 9.6. What Interest did u guys get quoted at? Is there a dealer that gives a better rate?let me know!
Also said that if i order now i would get the car in April.

PS which engine is better LS3 or LS99?
branesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Interest rates seem to be lower in U.S. GMAC is about 7%. Credit unions can be cheaper by about 2.5% depending on each credit union and your credit score. The engines are the same. The LS3 is in the manual shift and the LS99 is with the automatic.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
branesti

i figured that was the deal about the engines. but interest is simply bad. GM Canada doesn't use GMAC or something, so they use Canadian banks ohh man this is going to hurt....
Old 02-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
What about a credit union? Any other options at all?
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
branesti

ahhh im not aware of any of those around. im sure there has to be.... ohh well ill probably have to wait a litle...
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by branesti View Post
i figured that was the deal about the engines. but interest is simply bad. GM Canada doesn't use GMAC or something, so they use Canadian banks ohh man this is going to hurt....
They do use GMAC in Canada! I bought my 98 Malibu back in 2001 at 9.95 %
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
branesti

yeah i know my dad bought one in 2007.... but its as of august/september of last year that they have canceled it......at 9.6 with like 5k down and 60months lookin at 850-900/month.. so much for my south america vacation....
Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i was told 5.9, i suree hope its not any higher then that or i am screwed
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #9
branesti

tj, dude... after u get ur's can you let me know which dealership it is...
Old 03-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
No problem bud, ill go and confirm with my salesman again, i have made him confirm this twice already, but again because the interest rates above have made me feel worried. Let me know when you want to buy, ill definitly let you know everything, if your interested now, i will check and see if they have any free allocation, plus if i refer you, i think i might get some bonus
Just let me know when you would want more info bro
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by branesti View Post
I called GMAC last week and asked them about financing new vehicles and they told me that they still do it (they do not provide leasing anymore) but of course the interest rate would depend on credit rating. But, I don't think I mentioned I was calling from Canada.

The interest rate that my dealer is offering through a local bank is 6.9%...holy crap
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:38 PM   #12
branesti

hmm i guess i should just go to a different dealer....
I'm guessing this guy don't know what he was talking about than!!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #13
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
I called GMAC last week and asked them about financing new vehicles and they told me that they still do it (they do not provide leasing anymore) but of course the interest rate would depend on credit rating. But, I don't think I mentioned I was calling from Canada.

The interest rate that my dealer is offering through a local bank is 6.9%...holy crap
Didn't you guys do your homework? Apparently not. Me thinks there are a whole bunch of people in for a whole world of hurt as these cars start to arrive and people finally sit down and "crunch the numbers".

I can't believe all the "I may have to downgrade..." comments already and I fear it's only going to get worse. I don't know why anyone would have 0% financing running through their head; it just isn't going to happen. 6.9%... holy crap<- that's about right- maybe just a little high.

Those who have access to credit unions are seeing rates as low as 4.25% but those are few and far between. IMO, anyone who is currently looking to "run some numbers" better be looking at 5.9% to be safe. Nothing against Kray; I just think you got the dose of reality that most people are refusing to see for some reason.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Didn't you guys do your homework? Apparently not. Me thinks there are a whole bunch of people in for a whole world of hurt as these cars start to arrive and people finally sit down and "crunch the numbers".

I can't believe all the "I may have to downgrade..." comments already and I fear it's only going to get worse. I don't know why anyone would have 0% financing running through their head; it just isn't going to happen. 6.9%... holy crap<- that's about right- maybe just a little high.

Those who have access to credit unions are seeing rates as low as 4.25% but those are few and far between. IMO, anyone who is currently looking to "run some numbers" better be looking at 5.9% to be safe. Nothing against Kray; I just think you got the dose of reality that most people are refusing to see for some reason.

The question at the beginning of the thread was asking what kind of interest anyone else was quoted. I was just mentioning what I was quoted by my dealer, I won't be going through my dealer for financing.
I am able to get 3% through my bank...so that's the way I will be going.
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote