Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 10-03-2023, 05:21 PM   #15
roh

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
I didn't know changes were coming. You got a link with some info? Very much interested to learn more. Might be time for that Montana registration.
All I know is that every location was required to purchase new more capable hardware. Some have started using it already, but I think all must be on line by 1/1/24.

I do not know nor have heard any specific changes, its just my personal paranoia about this state, and my fear that the current regime seems to want to be California east. And we all know what's happening there. Hope it's just a big nothing.
roh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:57 AM   #16
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roh View Post
All I know is that every location was required to purchase new more capable hardware. Some have started using it already, but I think all must be on line by 1/1/24.

I do not know nor have heard any specific changes, its just my personal paranoia about this state, and my fear that the current regime seems to want to be California east. And we all know what's happening there. Hope it's just a big nothing.
Ok, yea, I have seen the hardware change. They take a picture of the inspector each inspection now - crazy. I fully agree with the sentiment that New York is a California 2.0, and that's a terrifying fact. I keep my stock exhaust and high-flow cats around in the garage for just such a reason.

I don't know that anything has actually changed in terms of inspect-ability with aftermarket stuff. From my perspective, there are less modified cars out there than ever before, and I think they should just leave us alone. Fat chance.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote