Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #15
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
The extended waranty is simply an insurance policy. You should have no problem cancelling it and getting a refund. Since it kicks in when your factory waranty expires, you should get all or most of it back. They will sit on the money you financed in your contract and draw interest on that money. If your bank didn't require it, get the money back. You could maybe use it to make the next couple payments, then refinance later with a payment that fits your budget better. You can always get an extended service policy later if you think you need one.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:16 AM   #16
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
lyam_lorne: This dealer snookered you big time. This should be a lesson to everyone that many dealers will give you a screwing if you let them. Why don't you expose this great dealer (name and email address) so they get the exposure they deserve.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:22 AM   #17
Lauryn200
I Pity The Fool

Drives: Jeep Wrangler '06 & VW GTI 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Why don't you expose this great dealer (name and email address) so they get the exposure they deserve.
2x
Lauryn200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 AM   #18
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
lyam_lorne: This dealer snookered you big time. This should be a lesson to everyone that many dealers will give you a screwing if you let them. Why don't you expose this great dealer (name and email address) so they get the exposure they deserve.
+1

so if the car had come later (as it had been planned) you would NOT have got the bank's approval? or am i missing something here i think they may have even given GM the go ahead to build the car, planning to do this to you. anyway this is a crappy situation but i say dont give up on the dream, you have a month to figure it out
Old 03-08-2010, 05:40 AM   #19
leperkhaun

Drives: Looking to buy a SS
one thing. You need to review your contract asap. You need to make sure that they did NOT give you the $500 credit for refusing the 60 day return policy or that the policy is still in effect.

as for the extended warrenty, thats BS. Call the bank you got a loan through and ask them about that. If the bank says "no we said nothing about that" get it in writing and inform the BBB for your state.

The most important thing about cars is never let the dealer bully you. There was no reason why you could not have waited and gotten a different car or ordered one later if they sold it.
leperkhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #20
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
A bank wouldn't give a crap about a 5 year warranty. A 5yr warranty won't do anything for them. Sadly you have to be very careful on all of the various things that dealers want to sell you on top of the car. The only added thing you should need is maybe Gap Insurance. Good luck in figuring it all out.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #21
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
You need to PM CamaroScotty. He'll straight shoot you on your options
Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #22
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Your dealer is entirely to blame for this. They capitalized on your excitement and status as a first time buyer. Once you get into that financing office, that's when they try to lay you onto those extra fees and services (paint protection!? Wow, what's that!? - a glorified wax job). You should've been a lot more persistent, because the finance guys are just as bad, if not worse, than the salesman. A lot of times, that's how the dealership really makes the money. A lot of the guys on here were smart and financed through their bank, ergo skipping that critical step towards buying the car, but you didn't.

You didn't HAVE to get that extended warranty, but you were suckered into it, and god knows how many other stupid little extras and services you unknowingly bought. The dealership will try to make it seem as though you need them, and will even go as far as saying that it's required to buy the car - but if you genuinely threaten to leave the office, all of a sudden their mind will change. If you firmly state that you want to pay not a cent over MSRP and STICK to that at all costs, the dealer will either a.) eventually submit and sell accordingly, or b.) not submit and refuse to sell the car, which in that case - screw it, find another dealer. They're not worth your time and don't realize it's a buyer's market out there right now, even for this car.

I highly recommend this guide to buying cars and I might just use it if my buying experience gets a tad rocky: http://www.negotiationdynamics.com/Newcar.asp

Last edited by nUcLeArEnVoY; 03-08-2010 at 06:47 AM.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #23
volboy23

Drives: an SS.....
Man, I'm sorry to here about your ordeal. I have been reading since the beginning as well. I think you need to fight to have them refund it, if the 60 day warranty is still in place and make sure you get all of your money, no reason you shouldn't. I would then keep working to save up money and check out some other dealers in the mean time. There are just to many things in your story that total BS from the dealer. They are just doing whatever they can to make it look right.
volboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #24
grubber

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM CAMARO
Call GM customer care and get the facts from them about the return policy and also tell them about your experience with your dealer and how you feel you got screwed. They should help you. 905 644-5000 is the GM Canada switch board

You could have just walked away from the deal after they added the extra $4000 into the total price and went to another dealer.

Good luck.

Last edited by grubber; 03-08-2010 at 01:16 PM.
grubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #25
Bert
synergy-green with envy

Drives: Cam....ry :-(
got any lawyer friends or relatives?

sometimes a phone call from an attorney can work miracles . . . the only problem is they charge an arm and a leg, so in your situation you kind of need a favor
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:56 AM   #26
mike12345
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT
First off, summarize. I open a page and see this much writing, I normaly woulden't read any of it.

You should have qualified for some incentives to knock the price down.

I don't know how much your making, which model camaro you ordered, what your loan interest rate is, how meny years the loan is for and what the payment is, exc. so I can't help there.

1)talk to the lender, give them the Short Short version and see if they will extend the loan longer lowering the payments. They dont want you to fail to make payments and will make more interest off you on a longer loan.

2)Talk with your bank and see what they would do, they may give you the loan you need to pay off the other loan and keep the car.

3) If all else fails return it and start over with a different dealer.
mike12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #27
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
Also, I don't believe you have to keep it for 31 days before you can return it. I believe, in most, if not all states, they must take the car back w/in 30 days. I could be wrong on this, but I would do a little more research.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #28
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Unfortunately, C&D shows it expired in November...

...and the www.gm.com/guarantee site has been pulled.

I see your from Canada, what kind of laws do you have up there for protection? There has to to be someone who can give you some insight on this. I would even guess, the Dealership's financier may have a 7 day return policy or possibly a good-faith return based on crucial circumstances.

Good Luck Brother!
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote