Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #71
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Penske Chevrolet on the north side of Indy has an ABM 2LT RS auto with biege interior, no sunroof though.

http://www.penskechevyindy.com/VehicleDetails/546979603
Penske "HAD" the one she wanted. I found the window sticker and a link to the dealership yesterday. That was the one that they traded.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #72
Cmaro214

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
How did this turn into a "Post your Pic" thread. Seems like you guys are just rubbing it in that you have a car she desires. Doesnt seem very nice.
its not rubbing it in, its encouraging to buy it even more!!!

VIN: 2G1FB1EV6A9178865
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #73
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmaro214 View Post
its not rubbing it in, its encouraging to buy it even more!!!
No doubt! She said she found one, and was going to talk to the dealer today. I can't wait for the update!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #74
nosrettap58
nosrettap58

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Been licking my chops waiting to get our new camaro. Then i seen a 1969 marina blue with white stripe rs. That was it. I was going to get an aqua blue. Then i found out it was replaced by that synergy green!!!! And you can only get it in a v6.Who the hell is thinkin this one out up in gm headquarters? Nobody i grew up with!
nosrettap58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #75
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
How did this turn into a "Post your Pic" thread. Seems like you guys are just rubbing it in that you have a car she desires. Doesnt seem very nice.
I would say everyone is just trying to encourage her, because there are still some ABM's out there.

The photo I posted is not mine, but one listed on ebay a few months back. I'm in the same boat....no ABM Camaro for me yet either...Hopefully someday!
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #76
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarl View Post
If you're moving to FL, a Sunroof is NOT a must. It rains almost every afternoon and they are sometimes downpours and as mentioned earlier....HUMIDITY is killer. You will want AC on, 24/7.
the summers are brutal but the rest of the year is WONDERFUL and that's what i'm looking forward to. it's like having winters here... i don't use in the winter and LOVE it in the summer. it'll be the opposite for me in florida... love it in the winter and not use it in the summer! either way, it's a MUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Why can't you get the discount on a car not ordered?
last i knew, you could only get the gm employee discount if you ordered it... has this changed? does anyone know?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmaro214 View Post
i too will put my 2 cents in for FL weather, the summers are brutal with normal temps in mid and high 90's with nearly 100% humidity, rains every afternoon, winter are beautiful except for this year it was friggin cold.
see my above response to florida weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
ABM thread number 2 coming soon to a theater near you...
huh? i don't get it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoddi View Post
Good luck Haley!

I know what you mean about the sunroof. I could not live
without one now that I have one.

However, Florida summers are BRUTAL to say the least!
You won't have it open at all.
THANKS! and i agree, i don't think i could live without a sunroof in my car. even in the winter i pull the cover back so i can still see out of it (i don't open the sunroof though obviously LOL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonkeyslayer View Post
You're welcome!

Now, see if that dealership will hit me up w/a commission when you buy :P
LMAO!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Penske Chevrolet on the north side of Indy has an ABM 2LT RS auto with biege interior, no sunroof though.

http://www.penskechevyindy.com/VehicleDetails/546979603
they dearler traded it already :(
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #77
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Did you contact the dealer?

If so, what price did they give you?

Are you going to get it??
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #78
Bert
synergy-green with envy

Drives: Cam....ry :-(
there are some dealers up here in Rhode Island and Massachusetts that still have ABM cars on their lots -- PM me if you want details
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #79
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
Did you contact the dealer?

If so, what price did they give you?

Are you going to get it??
i haven't yet. i had to have a procedure (discogram is what it's called lol) on my back this morning and have been a little out of it so i didn't think this would be the best time to call them. LOL! but i think i am going to very soon!

edit: okay, just called them. they are asking $31256 and i mentioned gm eployee discount and that is $31296. WTF? so much for gm employees getting a deal. i'm still super bummed about the one that was at penske chevrolet... they are only an hour and a half from me and they were only asking $29185 or something like that. DANG IT!

Last edited by haleyd; 03-10-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #80
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
the summers are brutal but the rest of the year is WONDERFUL and that's what i'm looking forward to. it's like having winters here... i don't use in the winter and LOVE it in the summer. it'll be the opposite for me in florida... love it in the winter and not use it in the summer! either way, it's a MUST

What you don't seem to realize is the summers here last 8-9 months and the sun is 10x as intense as up north ... I bet you anything you get over that sunroof real quick !!!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #81
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
i haven't yet. i had to have a procedure (discogram is what it's called lol) on my back this morning and have been a little out of it so i didn't think this would be the best time to call them. LOL! but i think i am going to very soon!

edit: okay, just called them. they are asking $31256 and i mentioned gm eployee discount and that is $31296. WTF? so much for gm employees getting a deal. i'm still super bummed about the one that was at penske chevrolet... they are only an hour and a half from me and they were only asking $29185 or something like that. DANG IT!
So tell them that you can offer $29,185.00 and are ready to purchase. Worst they can say is No.
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #82
haleyd
determined future owner

Quote:
So tell them that you can offer $29,185.00 and are ready to purchase. Worst they can say is No.
that's very true... it'd be nice if i could fine one even cheaper still. LOL! but now i'm just wishful thinking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
What you don't seem to realize is the summers here last 8-9 months and the sun is 10x as intense as up north ... I bet you anything you get over that sunroof real quick !!!
LOL! that's okay, i still like having it because it takes away from the confined feeling. does that make sense? plus i'm going to be a yacht stewardess. i'm not going to be spending a WHOLE heck of a lot of time on land! but when i am on land i want to be able to enjoy it!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #83
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
LOL... In that case may I recommend some SPF-50 ...
Old 03-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #84
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
If there are only 3 in the country you do not have a lot to bargain with if you truly want that car...
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote