Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
ViperX24

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Car Issues - Need Suggestions

Hello Forum,

So I'm having some issues with my car and would like some suggestions. I have a 2014 Camaro 2SS with RS Package, dual exhaust, Recaro Seats 5.1 Short shifter. Now for the issues with the car.

When i first bought it had no dealer sticker on it but when they took it in the back to wash the car it came back with a dealer sticker on it. I asked to take it off and when they did they put a nice scratch in the car. So they took the car and repainted the trunk. I had over spray everywhere. The wax covered it up for a little bit. Took it back and they wax it again only to have the over spray come through and show again. Very poor work. My seat belt was rubbing a hole in my recaro seats so they said they would fix the seat. Well they did a crappy job on that also as the backing on the seat is not tight and missing pieces. Have to turn my car back in again for this. In the process of having my car turned in for the seat the dealership put a nice 3 inch deep scratch in the fender which they admitted too. Now they have to repaint my fender. Only can imagine my headache after that is done. In the process of all these i also had my car in for electrical problems as the my ac/heater controls wouldn't work on 3 occasions. The heater was stuck on high heat and i couldn't turn it off or adjust it for hours. Then my AC wouldn't turn on one day. My radio screen has turned green for a few minutes then black then the reset 4 times. During one of my electrical issues i called onstar for a diagnostic check they said i had some relay issue.

The dealership can't find anything wrong with my electrical problems. Not to mention it has a weak start up. I'm about to turn my car in for the 4th time here today and will be in a rental car for a combined month now. I tried to trade the car in being only 6 months old with only 8k on it and they are trying to rip me off huge instead of trying to make right with all the wrong they have done. It's not the same car i bought when new.

My car is now a painted lady that has electrical issues, messed up recaro seat with only 8k on it. The dealership won't help in making the situation right. So now i don't know what to do with the car.
ViperX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Look up the arbitration process in your state, open a case with GM and the BBB and then sit back and see where this leads you.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:19 PM   #3
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
ViperX24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Look up the arbitration process in your state, open a case with GM and the BBB and then sit back and see where this leads you.

Well i opened up a case with GM and now the dealership wants to just give me a brand new seat instead of trying to replace it, but i also still have my electrical issues with the car that they can't seem to find/fix. They also repainted my car on the trunk and front fender to fix the scratches they put in. I told GM i just want a new car. This a lengthy process and very time consuming and just wish they would do the right thing.

I even offered to trade my car in to them and just buy the 1LE model they had but they really tried to screw me on price. lol I guess because it's a Rick Hendrick Chevy Dealership that makes lot's of money they could care less about a customer.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
The process is involved but if you want satisfaction you will have to go through it. I would visit the BBB and open a case there if you are serious about a buy back.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperX24 View Post
Hello Forum,

So I'm having some issues with my car and would like some suggestions. I have a 2014 Camaro 2SS with RS Package, dual exhaust, Recaro Seats 5.1 Short shifter. Now for the issues with the car.

When i first bought it had no dealer sticker on it but when they took it in the back to wash the car it came back with a dealer sticker on it. I asked to take it off and when they did they put a nice scratch in the car. So they took the car and repainted the trunk. I had over spray everywhere. The wax covered it up for a little bit. Took it back and they wax it again only to have the over spray come through and show again. Very poor work. My seat belt was rubbing a hole in my recaro seats so they said they would fix the seat. Well they did a crappy job on that also as the backing on the seat is not tight and missing pieces. Have to turn my car back in again for this. In the process of having my car turned in for the seat the dealership put a nice 3 inch deep scratch in the fender which they admitted too. Now they have to repaint my fender. Only can imagine my headache after that is done. In the process of all these i also had my car in for electrical problems as the my ac/heater controls wouldn't work on 3 occasions. The heater was stuck on high heat and i couldn't turn it off or adjust it for hours. Then my AC wouldn't turn on one day. My radio screen has turned green for a few minutes then black then the reset 4 times. During one of my electrical issues i called onstar for a diagnostic check they said i had some relay issue.

The dealership can't find anything wrong with my electrical problems. Not to mention it has a weak start up. I'm about to turn my car in for the 4th time here today and will be in a rental car for a combined month now. I tried to trade the car in being only 6 months old with only 8k on it and they are trying to rip me off huge instead of trying to make right with all the wrong they have done. It's not the same car i bought when new.

My car is now a painted lady that has electrical issues, messed up recaro seat with only 8k on it. The dealership won't help in making the situation right. So now i don't know what to do with the car.
ViperX24,

Apologies to hear about this situation. I can certainly understand your frustration and would like to assist. Feel free to message me privately at your convenience so we can discuss further. I look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:49 AM   #7
ViperX24

Here is a image of my screen.