Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 02-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #29
Devcon 7

Drives: 15 camaro
2 step is hard on stuff isn't it?
Devcon 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #30
matts86cam

Drives: 1986 z28 and 2015 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
Yes. That’ll work fine lol. I have the lingenfelter launch control/2 step. Works perfectly. But I don’t use it often. Still awesome

Do you have any clips on youtube or anywhere else? How hard was the install?

I dont know if it would be hard on a vehicle, I havent read anyone complaining of problems... but I havent searched for that.
matts86cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:29 AM   #31
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
2 step on 2010 ss auto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts86cam View Post
Do you have any clips on youtube or anywhere else? How hard was the install?

I dont know if it would be hard on a vehicle, I havent read anyone complaining of problems... but I havent searched for that.

I had the shop I go to install it for me. I didn’t want to risk messing it up lol. I have a few videos, but the best one I think is from this exhaust competition I did a year ago using it. Yellow one is mine.
https://instagram.com/p/BUVWHUllWIo/
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:09 PM   #32
matts86cam

Drives: 1986 z28 and 2015 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisprz2010camaross View Post
I had the shop I go to install it for me. I didn’t want to risk messing it up lol. I have a few videos, but the best one I think is from this exhaust competition I did a year ago using it. Yellow one is mine.
https://instagram.com/p/BUVWHUllWIo/
Thats sounds pretty awesome!
matts86cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #33
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts86cam View Post
Thats sounds pretty awesome!

Thanks!
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:19 AM   #34
Rk9

Drives: Camaro
Has anyone got instructions on how to wire the msd 2step and what toggle switch to use? 2014 Camaro auto
Rk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:26 PM   #35
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
There are 2 trigger wires, you only use one or the other.

One ground trigger, one is powered. I used the power for the 12v outlet (and the powered trigger) in the console since that's where my switch is. Look it up on YouTube. Plenty of examples.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 02:26 PM   #36
bsimms89

Drives: 2012 SS/RS Vert & 2017COPO#23 SC350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rk9 View Post
Has anyone got instructions on how to wire the msd 2step and what toggle switch to use? 2014 Camaro auto
Yes its not difficult, you just have to decide out how you want to activate it. Don't listen to anyone here saying that 2 steps don't make sense on an auto. All the factory stock showdown cars including my COPO run it and they're all high stalled autos, and most every NHRA stock eliminator car with an auto uses one (trans brakes aren't allowed in stock eliminator), its just a matter of preference how you activate it. Some just put a button mounted to the brake pedal, so when you step on the pedal and the button on the pedal it's activated. Others use a brake pressure switch.

I setup my 2012 auto as an occasional bracket car to run at the local track and I did it similar to my COPO. just plumbed in a brake pressure switch to the rear brake lines, then i wired it into a on-off rocker switch that also activates my line lock button. So when I'm at the track i turn the rocker switch on and my line lock button works for burnouts and my 2 step is activated when I floor the brake and get the pressure up the the psi I have the switch set to. So when staged you just floor the brake and floor the gas and the 2 step will bring your rpms up to your set amount, then to go you just let off the brake.

When I'm done at the track I just turn the rocker switch off and my line lock button and 2 step brake pressure switch are off.

2017 COPO #23 Black w/ Supercharged LSX350

2014 Raptor 6.2L Tuxedo Black Metallic w/ 2.9L Whipple, 78Lb/hr fuel injectors, Ford Racing Dual 65mm cobrajet throttle body, kooks headers & exhaust.

1969 Camaro SS (original SS350), Black w/ white Rally Stripes, new ZZ502ci 502hp motor, muncie 4 speed, 4.11 rear
bsimms89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 07:45 AM   #37
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimms89 View Post
Yes its not difficult, you just have to decide out how you want to activate it. Don't listen to anyone here saying that 2 steps don't make sense on an auto. All the factory stock showdown cars including my COPO run it and they're all high stalled autos, and most every NHRA stock eliminator car with an auto uses one (trans brakes aren't allowed in stock eliminator), its just a matter of preference how you activate it. Some just put a button mounted to the brake pedal, so when you step on the pedal and the button on the pedal it's activated. Others use a brake pressure switch.

I setup my 2012 auto as an occasional bracket car to run at the local track and I did it similar to my COPO. just plumbed in a brake pressure switch to the rear brake lines, then i wired it into a on-off rocker switch that also activates my line lock button. So when I'm at the track i turn the rocker switch on and my line lock button works for burnouts and my 2 step is activated when I floor the brake and get the pressure up the the psi I have the switch set to. So when staged you just floor the brake and floor the gas and the 2 step will bring your rpms up to your set amount, then to go you just let off the brake.

When I'm done at the track I just turn the rocker switch off and my line lock button and 2 step brake pressure switch are off.
I think the "2-steps aren't for autos" sentiment grows out of a frustration when a 2-step is a RICE mod (race inspired cosmetic enhancement). There is absolutely a place for a 2-step on an automatic car when used at the drag strip like described by many above - and I absolutely need one on my manual car at the track to leave with consistent RPM and power.

However, it seems like a lot of these things find there way onto cars that never see a drag-strip, and rather just want to make noise at their local car meet. I try to have a "you do you" attitude, but I can't help but feel a little annoyed when I hear a car on a 2-step that's never seen a sub 2.0 second 60' time.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote