Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #71
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
WTH is going on with these Camaros. Do they have targets on them? At this rate, rates are going to sky rocket...

I am sorry this happened to your car.

On all accounts, glad you were not harmed
Old 07-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #72
tom_vilsack
Banned

Drives: fast
Sry to see your baby hurt...hope you get a new one....

Now...please go see doctor anyways,sometimes it can take even weeks for neck,back pain to really start up...your insurance company would ask if you went to doctor right away...don't give them a out....

best of luck
tom_vilsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:13 AM   #73
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Try someone like these dudes..
http://www.diminishedvalueoftexas.com/fees.html

It's Texas so you can sue for the value the car has lost. It will always have the hit in Carfax so it's worth probably 3-5 grand less even with perfect fix.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #74
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchimp View Post
Last night it was all I could do to not have a whole lot of tears come out. I pre-ordered back on Oct 13th. Have it for 5 or 6 weeks and then this.

This whole process of trying to take care of it looks to be a huge hassle as well. They are going to want to repair it, but I do not want that. I bought a brand new car, not a wrecked one! And who knows how long I will have to wait for another...and it won't be one of the R6P cars anymore. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I fear, but I'm going to fight for a brand new one for sure!

If they won't buy the car for full price, tell them you want it fixed plus rental car and $5K or more for diminished value. If they refuse, Sue em. Or have them fixt the car, refuse to sign any release and then sue em fore the diminished value only. Yes, you can do that.

ALso, if you are sore, go to a doctor, send her Ins. Co. the bill, and make an injury claim.

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #75
manchimp

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Oh, for the love of God....

This is sickening.

I am so sorry. I mean...this is like....literally a nightmare that I know I would not be able to wake up from. I'm sorry, man. And I know how badly you want your new car back...but I'm looking at that I don't think they will total it. I think it'll be repairable. Did you get Gap insurance?
Thanks man.
No gap insurance. I put down 10k, so I didn't think I would need it.
manchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #76
manchimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Try someone like these dudes..
http://www.diminishedvalueoftexas.com/fees.html

It's Texas so you can sue for the value the car has lost. It will always have the hit in Carfax so it's worth probably 3-5 grand less even with perfect fix.
That was the plan. My dealership gave me someone's card who does the same thing. Now it's just kind of a waiting game to see what they want to do.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #77
manchimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_vilsack View Post
Sry to see your baby hurt...hope you get a new one....

Now...please go see doctor anyways,sometimes it can take even weeks for neck,back pain to really start up...your insurance company would ask if you went to doctor right away...don't give them a out....

best of luck
I know, I just hate being one of those guys. Too many crazy, made up lawsuits about fake injuries out there. I did wait for EMS to show up and told them, and I have called my Dr. So at least there is a record of me hurting. But it's really not unbearable now, just one of those things after an accident.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #78
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
It so hard to believe that we already have this number of wrecked Camaros. I've driven all over the place in the last week and I haven't seen another 5th gen on the streets. Mine has been stuck in the garage with all the crappy weather we've had, and now these cars getting smashed up makes me want to leave in there. Sorry this has happened to anyone, especially on this forum because I know we all love these cars.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #79
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
OMG......... I think I am going to be......

makes me sick to my stomach to see such badassery damaged.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #80
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
+1, WTF is up with people using the Camaro for a bumper stop? Glad to hear everyone is OK (you too DdustinN). Looks like this isn't gonna stop anytime soon, so looks like we have to be on our toes at all times.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #81
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
If totaled, I think the insurance company gets it to sell to try to recoup some money.
I'm pretty sure if a car is totaled the owner gets the first option to buy the car back. Sorrry about the car glad your ok and not out on bond, what a dumb a$$ for running the light. Some people pass their driving test still shouldn't drive a motor vehicle.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #82
smoothoperator

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to smoothoperator
If this happens to my new camaro I will kill myself.....Glad you are ok and very sorry this happened

Here's what happened a few weeks after I got my brand new dodge SRT-4 pics on page 7

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f10/...srt-4-a-24834/
3100 -
3300 -
3400 -
3800 -
4200 -
5000/6000 -
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #83
bulldog

Drives: Acura
I feel your pain Manchimp. I wont be ordering a Camaro for about two years or so, but I was rear ended in my 2003 Acura CL on Tuesday. over $5k in damage. a fullsize ford truck tried to go around me to beat the oncoming traffic at a light that just turned red. he was hauling sometype of bobcat construction vehicle. his passenger front bumper hit my driverside taillight. the trunk, bumper and 3/4 panel are all jacked up. This guy has a credit at a body shop that he was going to use for my car repair if the estimate came in at a rate he wouldnt have to file a claim. then the $5k estimate came in.

the tragically funny thing is the accident happened on the same street I was rearended by another driver about a month after I bought the car. Then a short while later, I drove over a wrench that somebody left in the road that lodged itself in the tire, completely destroying the tire...same road. Got a traffic ticket, same intersection as the first rearending. And now rearended on same street.

I slid into a parked car on a snowblizzard day (snow plows were overwhelmed and couldnt keep up. did over $3500 in damage to front end (HID's are rediculously expensive). Then I was keyed down the entire driver side.

my advice to you...accidents happen, but do your best to not make it a tradition. People look at you skeptically when you say most of these accidents werent my fault. Maybe I will get lucky and get a camaro as a rental while my car is in the shop for two weeks (yeah...2 weeks, thats optomistic)
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #84
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Last night it was all I could do to not have a whole lot of tears come out. I pre-ordered back on Oct 13th. Have it for 5 or 6 weeks and then this.

This whole process of trying to take care of it looks to be a huge hassle as well. They are going to want to repair it, but I do not want that. I bought a brand new car, not a wrecked one! And who knows how long I will have to wait for another...and it won't be one of the R6P cars anymore. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I fear, but I'm going to fight for a brand new one for sure!
Glad you're alright. You are one of the lucky ones to only have waited 6 weeks before getting your Camaro. I think this one is reparable and you will not have a choice of getting a new one.. Hope you do but it is not likely..