Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Well… I did it. I canceled my order.

I called the dealer today and told them I will not be taking the car when it arrives; at least not this year. The Rally Yellow Camaro SS RS I ordered had a target production date of this past Monday September 14, 2009. I was told I should have it end of the month or beginning of October. The point of the car for me was going to be nothing more than a dry day summer toy, most likely weekends. After giving it a great deal of thought, I could not see the logic in taking the car this late in the year only to be putting it in storage a couple of weeks later (I live in Michigan), making car payments, and paying car insurance. The only benefit I could see taking it now would be the ability to gaze at it in the garage. As much as I wanted to have it this year to do just that, gaze at it, I could not justify it. Needless to say, it is going to be a long 6 months waiting to re-order it again in mid February. I figure this will give me time to save more of a down payment before it arrives late March early April. Looks like I will be joining you guys, but just a little later than I had originally planned.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Sucks for you...sorry, this must hurt...I hope you are able to try again next year and get this incredible Camaro...

Good luck to you....
Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
I don't blame you, buy it in April.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
happy waiting!
you have more will power than i do!

gotta love texas winters!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #5
CamChick

Drives: Black SS, IOM interior.
That was exactly my plan...I still have no car despite ordering in April (dealer lied about available allocation - who knew!!) and Edmonton winters are not the kindest, so of course when i explain this to the dealer (who invariably doesn't get where i am coming from with the logic of- well why would i want to pay car payments and insurance for something i get to stare at in the garage for 6 months) and proceeeds to BS me and tell me i can't have my deposit back etc etc. We had a few words i can tell you....and if i proceed with my order i will not be taking the car back there for servicing or work to be done etc AND i will not be recommending them to anyone.

So, i understand your decision and good for you! It will be so worth it.
CamChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:14 PM   #6
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

I see your points. 2 of them.
1) Don't buy the car now, as the winter is coming and you can't stand paying for the car while it sits in the garage.
2) By the time you place your order next year, you will have more of a down payment.
OK. I agree with point #2 only. Let me explain. Whether you buy the car this year or next year, the car is going to sit and you're still going to be making payments on it come winter time or rainy days.
(Take it from me. My car sits ALL YEAR long and I made the payments on it while it did. I think I put 10 miles on it this year!?!? lol)
But, it's personal preference. GOOD LUCK!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
happy waiting!
you have more will power than i do!

gotta love texas winters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Sucks for you...sorry, this must hurt...I hope you are able to try again next year and get this incredible Camaro...

Good luck to you....
donna is right don't miss this car WOW

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #8
Thrillz

Drives: 2017 Ram Rebel
I would think twice about that man. You will order next year and still have no car for summer as well. This car is insane hot right now with no end in sight at all for it cooling down.Gm totally dropped the ball on this car on how the ordering system works. Imo take it cause i can assure you there will be 5 guys chomping at the bit to take it.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 PM   #9
newagemuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
I see your points. 2 of them.
1) Don't buy the car now, as the winter is coming and you can't stand paying for the car while it sits in the garage.
2) By the time you place your order next year, you will have more of a down payment.
OK. I agree with point #2 only. Let me explain. Whether you buy the car this year or next year, the car is going to sit and you're still going to be making payments on it come winter time or rainy days.
(Take it from me. My car sits ALL YEAR long and I made the payments on it while it did. I think I put 10 miles on it this year!?!? lol)
But, it's personal preference. GOOD LUCK!!
On top of that, we only have a two car garage which stinks. I figure if I can prolong my daily driver from sitting out one last winter before I get the car that is also a benifit. I hate scraping snow and ice of my windows at 5am. As for waiting till spring, it may put me in a situation where I have no car payment at all. Having no payments on a toy feels real good.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #10
newagemuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
I would think twice about that man. You will order next year and still have no car for summer as well. This car is insane hot right now with no end in sight at all for it cooling down.Gm totally dropped the ball on this car on how the ordering system works. Imo take it cause i can assure you there will be 5 guys chomping at the bit to take it.
How do you figure I wont have a car by summer? I will be placing my order early enough to enjoy for the goos weather. When that will be officially I will have to discuss with the dealer to get it when I want. As for allowcation, they got 47 last month. Acording to the sales person they are the top selling camaro dealer in Michigan so they get high allowcation.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #11
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
On top of that, we only have a two car garage which stinks. I figure if I can prolong my daily driver from sitting out one last winter before I get the car that is also a benifit. I hate scraping snow and ice of my windows at 5am. As for waiting till spring, it may put me in a situation where I have no car payment at all. Having no payments on a toy feels real good.
There ya go. So it works out well twice!!!
I hear ya about getting the snow and stuff of your daily driver @ 5 AM. I used to do the same thing. IT SUCKS!!! Especially if the snow is high and you need to shovel a little to get out because the snow plow drivers hooked you up with a nice snow mountain at the end of the driveway!! lol
(And having ZERO payments on a toy is killer!)
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
I called the dealer today and told them I will not be taking the car when it arrives; at least not this year. The Rally Yellow Camaro SS RS I ordered had a target production date of this past Monday September 14, 2009. I was told I should have it end of the month or beginning of October. The point of the car for me was going to be nothing more than a dry day summer toy, most likely weekends. After giving it a great deal of thought, I could not see the logic in taking the car this late in the year only to be putting it in storage a couple of weeks later (I live in Michigan), making car payments, and paying car insurance. The only benefit I could see taking it now would be the ability to gaze at it in the garage. As much as I wanted to have it this year to do just that, gaze at it, I could not justify it. Needless to say, it is going to be a long 6 months waiting to re-order it again in mid February. I figure this will give me time to save more of a down payment before it arrives late March early April. Looks like I will be joining you guys, but just a little later than I had originally planned.
I hear ya. I am ordering in late January/Early Febuary. Although I love the snow as much as the warm!!!!!
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #13
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
I may not know anything being that it doesn't snow where I live, but u will end up storing it the following winter anyways... Buying a camaro you already know you can't use it in the summer so...either way you eventually will pay to stare at it for 6 months.
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #14
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
You'll get it rather quickly when you order. I'd order in February to be sure. If it takes 2 months you get it in April. If it comes REALLY fast, you get it in March and you're prepared.

Remember too, that you may get some of the second MY goodies or options. Maybe not but it's possible.