Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 07-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #1
R1fly

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
Question Stage II or boost first?

Here is my first thread, so Hi guys

I just got my 2014 Camaro SS. It has the 2SS package which includes the Nav and 1LE mufflers.
Car sounds good but I'm hungry for more power.

Should I go for stage II mods (cam, headers, air intake, etc), or should I go turbo first?

I was told to go turbo so I don't have to change the cams and the headers again.

Any advice? I'm new to mods and performance

Houston, TX btw incase anyone would recommend a shop too.

R1fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:39 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Best thing I can tell you is make up your mind now, before you put a cam in it. If you decide to boost it, either with a SC or TT, you will want to get a cam that will complement the FI adder you decide on. Getting a NA spec'd cam will do you no harm when you add a turbo, but why not add a cam that is spec'd for a turbo now, instead of doing it twice later.

Also, if you plan on going turbo, start researching kits first, before you start investing in parts. You could do like I did, and resell them here on C5, but why not just buy what you need for what your planning.

Last, I would seriously look into the AGP kit, for any turbo options. Its by far one of the best options out there for turbo charging a fifth gen.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:55 AM   #3
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
If an intake is a Stage II mod, what are the Stage 1 mods?
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:15 AM   #4
R1fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
If an intake is a Stage II mod, what are the Stage 1 mods?
Stage II includes all of stage I plus cams. Happy now? Since you wanna be all technical with a name instead of the thread....
Old 08-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #5
R1fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Best thing I can tell you is make up your mind now, before you put a cam in it. If you decide to boost it, either with a SC or TT, you will want to get a cam that will complement the FI adder you decide on. Getting a NA spec'd cam will do you no harm when you add a turbo, but why not add a cam that is spec'd for a turbo now, instead of doing it twice later.

Also, if you plan on going turbo, start researching kits first, before you start investing in parts. You could do like I did, and resell them here on C5, but why not just buy what you need for what your planning.

Last, I would seriously look into the AGP kit, for any turbo options. Its by far one of the best options out there for turbo charging a fifth gen.
Yea I was thinking of going stage II for now then boost later. But one of the shops here suggested to boost first and get it done so I won't have to change things all around again.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:24 AM   #6
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
The most important question is, what is your budget and goal?

FYI, since you said you are new to mods and performance, most people don't use the word 'stage' when referring to Camaro power upgrades. Some cars do have stage upgrades, but Camaro's don't. Usually you'll have something like this:

CAI, Headers, Tune, Throttle body - bolts ons - can run about $2000 if buying new
Cam - some consider it a 'bolt-on', others don't - can vary, but $1000-2000+
Turbo/Super charger - forced induction - definitely not bolt on - $$$$?

Now, don't forget about labor costs, however Youtube has a wicked number of videos that can show you anything ranging from changing your oil to doing a cam swap (I did my cam swap via a Youtube video and alot of reading). Doing stuff on your own will save you a ton of money.
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:21 AM   #7
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I can't recommend you a route to take with your mods, but for a shop recommendation, I STRONGLY suggest KP Racing. They're on the NW side of BW8, just behind the horse track

Good luck.
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:58 PM   #8
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Yes sir!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:01 AM   #9
1LEric

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
I was in the same boat as you in the end I Went with the ADM Lsa conversion (supercharger) and a set of long tube headers and I must tell you I could not be happier. My friend also has a 1LE with all the bolt ons plus heads and cam and he can't touch me from a roll or dig
1LEric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, boost, cam, turbo