Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-05-2009, 03:31 AM   #1
BOBSS
Outlaw

Drives: 2010SS
Go Go Go!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Canada....html?x=0&.v=4
BOBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
If American companies/corporations would just hire back the people they laid off/fired, the recession would end. If the 15 million people who lost their jobs, went back to work, think of all the money that would pour back into our economy. BUT will they do this? NOOOOOOOOOOOO, all they care about is making HUGE profits so they keep shedding jobs.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '17 Buick LaCrose
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
If American companies/corporations would just hire back the people they laid off/fired, the recession would end. If the 15 million people who lost their jobs, went back to work, think of all the money that would pour back into our economy. BUT will they do this? NOOOOOOOOOOOO, all they care about is making HUGE profits so they keep shedding jobs.
You are missing that the American Peole also need to learn to be like the Japanese and Germans and not only buy products made in their own country, but demand it.

Those jobs were cut because Americans love to go and buy on price "regardless" of where it is made. It is as much of our culture to do this as it is the exact opposite for Japanese and Germans.

Not sure where these jobs come from otherwise.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #4
gold5000000

Drives: n/a
Quote:
i dont think its that easy...i got a friend who owns a business, he used to have 6 workers, now he has 1 and himself, he just couldnt afford to pay them. to stop the who recession, you would need to get at least half of all companys in the whole country to hire back everyone. it just isnt possible
gold5000000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
gred04

Drives: Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold5000000 View Post
i dont think its that easy...i got a friend who owns a business, he used to have 6 workers, now he has 1 and himself, he just couldnt afford to pay them. to stop the who recession, you would need to get at least half of all companys in the whole country to hire back everyone. it just isnt possible
Without getting political I think the changes coming down will just make many more situations like your friends.

MO we are in for a real long time before anyone says "just like the old days".
gred04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #6
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
its a good time to be in school right now, hopefully when college students get out the job market will be back up.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Where will these companies get the money to pay these people?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You are missing that the American Peole also need to learn to be like the Japanese and Germans and not only buy products made in their own country, but demand it.

Those jobs were cut because Americans love to go and buy on price "regardless" of where it is made. It is as much of our culture to do this as it is the exact opposite for Japanese and Germans.

Thank you. Your neighbor can't have a job if you buy everything from the Japanese. You need to put money into your own economy. Yeah, it's hard to find the quality in some products and the price in other, but if you look hard, you can find the quality and/or price in American products, and that's what would keep the economy afloat.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
Thank you. Your neighbor can't have a job if you buy everything from the Japanese. You need to put money into your own economy. Yeah, it's hard to find the quality in some products and the price in other, but if you look hard, you can find the quality and/or price in American products, and that's what would keep the economy afloat.
both!!

Now...to convince the other 299,999,997 people in this country.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #10
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: '03 Envoy, '07 F-150, '12 Charger
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
2007 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab (State-issued)
2012 Dodge Charger Pursuit (State-issued)
FenwickHockey65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:54 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
both!!

Now...to convince the other 299,999,997 people in this country.
Or at least convince them that its only a fair market when everyone plays by the same rules. If other countries are protectionist and yours isn't, its not fair trade and you get hurt by it.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote