Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-04-2021, 08:04 PM   #1
supersnake05

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE, 2014 Chevy SS
Cleaning wheels and hood questions

Forgive me if gone over a million times, just like to do things the right way. I bought a 2015 1LE a few months ago. It was very well taken care of but I do have so fine tuning to do. First question. I have some brake dust/iron stains on wheels. They always look a little orange after drying. Cleaners you guys have used that won't ruin finish of wheel? Second is i have a few lighter color stains on the hood wrap possibly from washes in the past. Is there anything that has worked well cleaning the stains like rubbing alcohol, Adam's vrt, chemical Brothers? Thanks in advance.
supersnake05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:30 PM   #2
KnoxSS1LE

Drives: 2013 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersnake05 View Post
Forgive me if gone over a million times, just like to do things the right way. I bought a 2015 1LE a few months ago. It was very well taken care of but I do have so fine tuning to do. First question. I have some brake dust/iron stains on wheels. They always look a little orange after drying. Cleaners you guys have used that won't ruin finish of wheel? Second is i have a few lighter color stains on the hood wrap possibly from washes in the past. Is there anything that has worked well cleaning the stains like rubbing alcohol, Adam's vrt, chemical Brothers? Thanks in advance.
Man I am in same boat. Just bought my 1LE with 7900 miles on it. My hood has some marks on it. Looks like someone at some point wanted to feel the hood. Has 3 finger swipes on lower driver side above headlight. Really want them gone. Lol
KnoxSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Wheel cleaner - Adam's wheel cleaner
https://adamspolishes.com/collection...-wheel-cleaner
https://adamspolishes.com/collection...rt-wheel-brush

Hood to get the stains out use an APC (All Purpose Cleaner) and a MF towel. Scrub a little bit.

To protect it and keep it looking new Adams VRT
https://adamspolishes.com/products/a...-trim-dressing
Use a block or foam applicator to apply then wipe with a MF towel to even out product. It'll be glossy at first but after a wash it will return to matte.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #4
supersnake05

Your the man! I appreciate it. Was looking at eagle one wheel cleaner but I know some stuff stains wheels.
Old 02-05-2021, 06:29 PM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Stay away from the Mothers wheel cleaner!!! All the Adams stuff is the good stuff..
Old 02-05-2021, 07:15 PM   #6
supersnake05

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Stay away from the Mothers wheel cleaner!!! All the Adams stuff is the good stuff..
I appreciate it. I bought the meguiars for my wife's SS and I don't like it at all. The VRT stuff seems weird branding being used for rubber, vinyl, trim and tires...
Old 02-06-2021, 12:24 PM   #7
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
I appreciate it. I bought the meguiars for my wife's SS and I don't like it at all. The VRT stuff seems weird branding being used for rubber, vinyl, trim and tires...
VRT was long before adams had any tire shine. Its like a rubber restorer. Gives it a nice rich new matte look and has SPF to prevent from fading.

I've been using Adams products on my Camaro for about 7 years. Id say I've used every single product they have other than their branded products like the pressure washer and what not. I've only used one product i didnt like and that was the buttery wax.

Adams has a bunch of videos showing how to use their products. Those taught me how to detail. Very informative
Old 02-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #8
supersnake05

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
VRT was long before adams had any tire shine. Its like a rubber restorer. Gives it a nice rich new matte look and has SPF to prevent from fading.

I've been using Adams products on my Camaro for about 7 years. Id say I've used every single product they have other than their branded products like the pressure washer and what not. I've only used one product i didnt like and that was the buttery wax.

Adams has a bunch of videos showing how to use their products. Those taught me how to detail. Very informative
Got it. I want to break up some fallout and the brake dust on paint and wheels. It was a New York car and needs a little TLC for my OCD...The detailer screwed up the alcantara on steering wheel. So i had to teach myself to sand the "napping" and degrease it. Learn something all the time. Better to just ask for real world results other than reviews. Thanks again
Old 02-06-2021, 06:50 PM   #9
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Your the man! I appreciate it. Was looking at eagle one wheel cleaner but I know some stuff stains wheels.
That cracked the paint on my rims. So pissed after using it and I only left it on for not even a minute. I just use soap and water now
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:55 PM   #10
supersnake05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
That cracked the paint on my rims. So pissed after using it and I only left it on for not even a minute. I just use soap and water now
Oh wow thats horrible.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:03 PM   #11
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Oh wow thats horrible.
I was so pissed, all 4 rims have black cracks running through them. Will be changing rims eventually but still sucks since I like the OEM rims and great to use when the weather gets bad
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 01:21 PM   #12
supersnake05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
I was so pissed, all 4 rims have black cracks running through them. Will be changing rims eventually but still sucks since I like the OEM rims and great to use when the weather gets bad
I've used wheel acid and degreasers in the past with bad results also. That's one thing I'm afraid of is staining the black wheels or fadding.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:36 PM   #13
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
I second the VRT, gives it a nice dark finish and keeps it protected, I use it once or twice a year, try iron x on the paint if you have rust colored stains
Old 03-08-2021, 08:01 AM   #14
1LEsteiny

Drives: 2015 1le
I used wolfgang finishing polish and gyeon primer compound on top of that all with a soft buffing pad with a orbital polisher. Very light pressure to prevent heat. Mine was covered In Water spots and other stains. I'm pretty sure the previous owner keep it out side. The hood looks like new now. only spots are a couple of stone chips. Still has the satain finish as well
Attached Images

1LEsteiny is offline   Reply With Quote