Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-20-2022, 02:04 PM   #15
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
a friend had a 2016 challeger V6 that burned to the ground with 2,000 miles on it.luck of the draw i think...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 02:15 PM   #16
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
The Charger/Challenger are fine, not something I would be interested in unless I needed to compromise the driving experience that I get from the Camaro or if I wanted to win bar bets with the "most HP". I'd rather focus on what the Camaro does well, over what the competitors don't do well. Ultimately, the owner of the car is the one that has to live with their purchase. If a buddy/family member were interested in the Challenger/Charger, I'd ask them to consider the Camaro, but I won't be torn if they go with the Challenger/Charger. Hell, I'd ask them to consider the Mustang as well. The Camaro is not everyone's cup of tea, which is fine by me as what I want is going to be different than what someone else wants. Oh and just for the record, if the Camaro was my DD, I'd find it hard to live with and the Challenger/Charger may be on my radar. Fortunately, I don't have to make that compromise.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 06:18 PM   #17
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
5yrs of beating on my Hellcat never a problem ever also we have had a couple Ram trucks all no problems. I think Dodge gets a bad rap. They all can have there issues luck of the draw.
Old 03-02-2022, 10:52 AM   #18
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I've been selling these cars for the last four years. I own a Scat Pack Challenger 50th Anniversary.

Considering the large percentage of FCA (Stellantis) vehicles that have the 5.7 Hemi, the mass failures (as the article would have you believe) is just not there. Hemi tick, yes, you can here at cold start. But lifter failure is a rather small sample overall compared to the number of engines out there.

Once I added a little tire width and more performance focused tire to my Scat Pack, it handles just about as well as my '18 Camaro SS did. It does not have the throttle lag the Camaro does, and is a hell of a lot more comfortable to drive. (and actual human beings can sit in the back seat)

This article was written by someone that has done no research, and most likely has never driven any Challenger.

The only true statement was at the beginning. Yes, while the Camaro and Mustang have gone the direction of sports car, Dodge has maintained strong to it's muscle car roots. Probably due in large to it's deep roots in NHRA sponsorship.

I chose the Scat Pack over the 6th Gen Camaro SS, however, if/when I step up in horsepower, I would rather have the ZL1 over the Hellcat.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 02:46 AM   #19
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Not surprised all the big 3 American cars have issues. If I owned a Dodge I'd call it out for all it's bs just like I do for the Camaro on here. The fact anybody has any loyalty with any of these manufacturers is the problem and allows for posts like this to "stir the pot".
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:12 AM   #20
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Well ... Someone doesn't like muscle Mopar here

He mainly wrote about problems that I had never heard of (except for the HEMI tick) and forgot to write about significant and quite common defects in the form of a weaker and noisier differential there

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 07:37 AM   #21
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
What a terribly written article. There are several head shakers and points that cause me to roll my eyes. Most notably #1. Anyone that says that the current Challenger handles like 60s classic car has clearly never driven a car from the 60s.

Oh and #3 is that it's heavy? Really? Cuz no one knows that!

GearheadSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:56 AM   #22
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
And here my 17 Hellcat has never had any of these issues or any issues at all. My 13 Grand Cherokee Overland with 5.7 had no issues...well the AC line had a small leak but it was covered under warranty. My 21 Ram 1500 has no problems either but it's new (just got it back in September) and I might be trading it in for a TRX later this year.

You can't believe everything you read these days. 95% of these articles are either lies and are made up or are highly exaggerated BS. They're designed to get people to click on them and see the advertisements which is how the writers and publishers get paid. So they have to embellish so it'll draw attention. They're worse than YTers and bloggers who post stupid crap like "here's why the Camaro is the worst car ever" or "18 reasons why I hate my new Mustang" or "Bought a new C8 and it almost killed me"...SMH.
Well said sir!! I haven't owned a single car yet, old school or new that didn't have "something" up with it. It's just the nature of beast, mass manufacturing and the accumulation of all the thousands of parts and pieces assembled by robotics AND humans, nothing is going to be "perfect" in our world!!
Old 03-08-2022, 08:30 PM   #23
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Let us not forget, Farmer Fran on the side of the highway with a puddle of oil running out from under the car, after a giant smoke show on the on-ramp.

No knock against any brand, I have owned many and from many - they all have issues.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote