Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 01-13-2017, 08:04 PM   #1
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
Keep Convertible top open

Ok - probably not the best thread title, but I couldn't figure out exactly what to put...

I want to inspect around the tonneau and look for some noises/rattles myself. That said, how do I get the tonneau to stay up or "cocked at an angle, etc? Is this even safe?

Hope I'm making sense. I tried just stopping pushing the button while opening the top while it was in motion, but after a few seconds, it started beeping and lowered itself slowly anyway. Thanks!
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
Bigdog9586

Drives: 2016 Z06 coupe
Use your remote. Just hold button till top where you want. Lift finger off button and everything stops.
Bigdog9586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:08 PM   #3
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
Yes but it doesn't stay that way. You get a couple of minutes and then it will let itself down. I want a way to keep it partially up/down to troubleshoot/inspect.
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:48 PM   #4
MPScan

Drives: 2017 FIFTY VERT MANUAL 2SS
I'm betting that you're probably going to have to get it where you want it and then find the actual fuse for the convertible motor and pull it. That'll be the only way to override the car and keep it in a half-position.
MPScan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 01:36 PM   #5
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Rehashing an old thread...

Has anyone figured out to hold their convertible top partially open (for an extended period) or which fuse to pull? I need to change my weather seal but the convertible top auto closes after a few minutes.
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 07:50 PM   #6
Vamonos

Drives: 2018 Suburban 2008 Subaru 2017 Cam
I would be afraid that it wouldn't work after putting the fuse back in. That it might need reset or reprogrammed because it was stopped half way and power was cut..
Vamonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:23 PM   #7
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Maybe you could drop the ground wire on the battery. That is, if you can open the trunk with the top partially open. Maybe disconnect the ground wire and then connect another battery to the front under-the-hood terminals and power it remotely. Then you could disconnect it while you work on the top. Good luck.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 11:44 PM   #8
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Maybe you could drop the ground wire on the battery. That is, if you can open the trunk with the top partially open. Maybe disconnect the ground wire and then connect another battery to the front under-the-hood terminals and power it remotely. Then you could disconnect it while you work on the top. Good luck.
Thanks Richard!!! That may work. Another option is have my wife sit in the car and when it starts to beep have her press the button...not sure if she'll have the patience for this but don't tell her
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 12:13 PM   #9
17CamaroDenton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT - RS Convertible
How I made top stay partially open

I needed to keep the convertible top partially open to replace the Folding Top Rear Side Rail Link Trim Cover; that's the mehcanism that pushes the little door open when the top goes up.

When I started, the top was fully open, then I pushed the start button and held the rocker switch until the top was about half way up and the tonneau fully extended (open). This exposed the rivets I needed to remove. I left the driver door open. After a few minutes the the warning beeping began and when the top began to move, I pressed and released the rocker switch and the beeping and the top stopped. I had to do this several more times and eventually the door open chime stopped and the car electronics completely timed out. The top stayed where I put it for several hours without any further intervention. I could move it more open or more closed by hand to get to the parts I needed to work on.

When I was finished, I just ran a cycle to fully open it, and there were no problems. It operates fine.
17CamaroDenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 05:29 PM   #10
NovaSS4spdFan

Drives: 2024 2SS vert w/M6 & Dual Mode. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroDenton View Post
I needed to keep the convertible top partially open to replace the Folding Top Rear Side Rail Link Trim Cover; that's the mehcanism that pushes the little door open when the top goes up.

When I started, the top was fully open, then I pushed the start button and held the rocker switch until the top was about half way up and the tonneau fully extended (open). This exposed the rivets I needed to remove. I left the driver door open. After a few minutes the the warning beeping began and when the top began to move, I pressed and released the rocker switch and the beeping and the top stopped. I had to do this several more times and eventually the door open chime stopped and the car electronics completely timed out. The top stayed where I put it for several hours without any further intervention. I could move it more open or more closed by hand to get to the parts I needed to work on.

When I was finished, I just ran a cycle to fully open it, and there were no problems. It operates fine.
When you say that you pushed the start button, did you mean the engine start button or the key fob start for the convertible ?
NovaSS4spdFan is offline   Reply With Quote