Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #29
propeople

Drives: 2013 WITHE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
No doubt the Camaro is insanely expensive in Brazil to begin with. It is a rare thing to see in that country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
It is unfortunate in that it sounded like his car was apart and the defect found. I wouldn't of liked waiting around either, but stuff happens. And I could never put down a vendor who is making every effort to address a problem that was somewhat out of their hands.
Yes no cheap a camaro here somethink like 80.000 grand to you guys.

I hope you undertend me, i spent more them 600 usd to have this cats, thats is more them 3x times the minimum wage here.

Dont know for you guys but 600 usd but for me is a lot of money.

Them my expensive cats comes with a huge mistake,them i need to spend 300 usd to have ir properly instaled.

I dont have any angry from phasket but they said to me if the will send another,then 2 weeks latter they send i will send it back.

But recive another just will make me spend more,and no help with the 300 usd lost.

A simple discount coupom will make me glad becouse will help me with my extra spent,but i im have was a email if will make im spent more money,take out and take on is not cheap.

Hope you guys understend my frustration, and like i said in almost all my post,sorry for english!

by
propeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #30
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
If you're sure you've got the right set, the modifications to make it fit are negligible. I can see why they offered advice on how to modify them first.

Widen the gap for the screws. - cost? if you don't have the tools? $20.00. If you do? Free.

Add a bit of pipe, weld, and secure the new hfc's. - cost? Probably 50-75 depending on the shop you go to. Any muffler shop can add/weld additional pipe to your exhaust.

I don't think it would cost any where near $300.00 to modify...

Yah, its sucks you gotta... but it is what it is.

I can tell you that once they're on - it would have all been worth it!

Good luck!
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:01 PM   #31
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Give the guy a break with the translation. Just like others Phastek has been great to me. OP maybe u should just wait for the new set to be shipped out and put ur car back together until so. I'm actually shocked u received ur parts I heard a lot of parts shipped into Brazil gets stolen.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #32
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
If you're sure you've got the right set, the modifications to make it fit are negligible. I can see why they offered advice on how to modify them first.

Widen the gap for the screws. - cost? if you don't have the tools? $20.00. If you do? Free.

Add a bit of pipe, weld, and secure the new hfc's. - cost? Probably 50-75 depending on the shop you go to. Any muffler shop can add/weld additional pipe to your exhaust.

I don't think it would cost any where near $300.00 to modify...

Yah, its sucks you gotta... but it is what it is.

I can tell you that once they're on - it would have all been worth it!

Good luck!

FYI the Camaro is a rare animal in Brasil. The labor rates are much the same as something like a Maserati, or Mercedes here in the states. That car is considered an exotic there and will be priced as such.

They do not have a bunch of shops around like we do here in the US, so I can say he is not making up any story on the cost.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #33
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Um he is from another country. Being familiar with this yes the Portuguese keyboard is way different, as are the sounds of the alphabet. He is doing just fine and I encourage him to participate here instead of thinking his English is bad and disappear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Dont bash the guy for his use of the English language... how many of you can speak Portuguese?
I've deleted the posts about the language barrier and state any further like posts will result in infractions.

OP, I'm sorry for the troubles and I understand the barriers. For those without a clue, in addition to the language barriers, the shipping involves lost time in customs, the difficulty of finding a reputable shop and myriad other problems. This isn't simply shipping them back. I have a lot of patience but if I ordered something from a non English speaking foreign country and it showed up wrong, I would be looking for a fix as did the OP.
And I've waited longer than most anyone to get my car running.

And how many of you bad mouthing the written messages speak a second language much less write it properly.

Bom Gia Amigo

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #34
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by propeople View Post
Yes no cheap a camaro here somethink like 80.000 grand to you guys.

I hope you undertend me, i spent more them 600 usd to have this cats, thats is more them 3x times the minimum wage here.

Dont know for you guys but 600 usd but for me is a lot of money.

Them my expensive cats comes with a huge mistake,them i need to spend 300 usd to have ir properly instaled.

I dont have any angry from phasket but they said to me if the will send another,then 2 weeks latter they send i will send it back.

But recive another just will make me spend more,and no help with the 300 usd lost.

A simple discount coupom will make me glad becouse will help me with my extra spent,but i im have was a email if will make im spent more money,take out and take on is not cheap.

Hope you guys understend my frustration, and like i said in almost all my post,sorry for english!

by
OP I totally understand your frustration. We put our trust in the hands of companies that once we hand over our hard earned dollars the company will simply get you what you ordered and paid for. I am sure that the language barrier just adds to the frustration when you are trying your best to communicate the issue at hand. A former business owner myself gives me a upper hand on things like this.

The customer is at the mercy of the company, the company is at the mercy of the manufacturer which is also called "the domino effect". The company is the guy in the middle trying to keep everyone happy. Personally I was "that guy in the middle" for many years and the face of many manufacturers. I will just tell you right now that being that guy in the middle is not always fun.

You did your part, Phastek did their part and JBA did their part BUT JBA was not aware that mistakes had been made with their product. It's honestly not any one persons fault. The key here is Phastek was communicating not just with you but with JBA. JBA admitted "hey it was our mistake and we will fix it". That is HUGE. Why is that huge? Well many people, companies etc are bad to point fingers. That's not the case here at all. The problem was discovered, steps are being made to correct the problem and at the end of the day all will be well.

Phastek said the magic words several times. They apologized over and over for something that wasn't their fault at all. However Phastek doesn't care who's fault it is they are communicating and apologizing - being very professional and sensitive to your dilemma.

I was right were you are some time back. A very well known manufacturer had dropped the ball. Phastek was who I made the purchase with and again the manufacturer made a mistake and honestly could have cared less. They never admitted fault, they sure as heck didn't do anything special for me. Who did? Jason did at Phastek... He recognized the problem and witnessed the poor sense of caring from the manufacturer yet he stepped up. He didn't have to... I didn't ask him to but he did. He made the wrong a right and took it on himself to even throw me in a free Phastek t-shirt. I have tons of t-shirts but I wear that shirt Jason sent me and more importantly months later I am telling this story as if it happened yesterday. I have made several purchases from Phastek because Phastek left a good impression with me. Such a small thing really.. A t-shirt, a simple apology and making the wrong a right has very well gained a customer for life.

Many of today's companies could careless how customers are treated, what impression they left with a customer, how they went beyond the call of duty to make that customer happy. It's very true and thankfully some still care and treat each customer as if they were their only customer.

I am confident OP that everything will work out just fine.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #35
Nickylbau00

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
From someone who lived in Brazil for 4 years, everything there is a bit overpriced, everything but labor, so I find it hard to believe that someone legit charged you that much for 20mins of labor, I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, but you def got taken advantage of. Ohh btw you go to their country and try to speak Portuguese they aren't dismissive and say your grammar is crap, they encourage you. Believe it or not a lot of people there can understand and speak English, of course it isn't fluent, but it is very good considering they're learning it for the most part all by themselves.
Nickylbau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:24 AM   #36
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Yes it is very rare that people in Brasil speak english. I asked my wife who lived in Brasil for 30 something years about this thread, and she is not at all surprised about the cost. I have also spent some time there and noted that things imported are very very expensive. For the price he paid for his car he could have bought a small house. I stopped into a motorcycle shop one day and a GSXR Suzuki was something like 30 grand.

The food there is by far the best of any country I have visited

Last edited by Nor Cal ZL1; 08-27-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:46 PM   #37
Nickylbau00

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Yes it is very rare that people in Brasil speak english. I asked my wife who lived in Brasil for 30 something years about this thread, and she is not at all surprised about the cost. I have also spent some time there and noted that things imported are very very expensive. For the price he paid for his car he could have bought a small house. I stopped into a motorcycle shop one day and a GSXR Suzuki was something like 30 grand.

The food there is by far the best of any country I have visited
Yea anything that isn't made there has. Signifant tax added, but the steaks are the best xD
Nickylbau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:34 PM   #38
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
After reading this thread I think I will be buying some exhaust parts from Phastek.

It appears they have done everything they should and more trying to make this customer happy. Many companies don't even offer return shipping on parts, and some even charge restocking fees. Although, these parts being defective changes things a bit.

However, this customer chose to spend $300 to make the defective parts work, rather than to take Phastek up on the offer to send them back at no cost to the customer (refund shipping) and simply keep the car stock until the corrected parts arrived.

I have learned this valuable lesson over the years...Impatience is expensive.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #39
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
After reading this thread I think I will be buying some exhaust parts from Phastek.

It appears they have done everything they should and more trying to make this customer happy. Many companies don't even offer return shipping on parts, and some even charge restocking fees. Although, these parts being defective changes things a bit.

However, this customer chose to spend $300 to make the defective parts work, rather than to take Phastek up on the offer to send them back at no cost to the customer (refund shipping) and simply keep the car stock until the corrected parts arrived.

I have learned this valuable lesson over the years...Impatience is expensive.
Phastek is a clear winner.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #40
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Phastek is #1 in my book !!!!!
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote