Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-28-2019, 01:26 PM   #15
no mercy

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro RS/SS
yay! ...thanks so much for respond guys! so far my research (nonstop) over the weekend has yielded that PO601 to PO610 DTC numbers are internal module discrepancies/glitches. Usually set after 5/8 key cycles or so. because of this they often can mask the real DTC's that are/may be responsible for the initial code set. Apparently the Drivers/software/firmware that comprises the (Dreaded) CANBus OS is extremely sensitive to internal signal variations and fluctuations. and since all of these multiple processors, controllers, relays, sensors etc. share the same signal pathways (wiring harnesses) bad shit is bound to happen!
no mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #16
no mercy

(cont) yes Reichler (dreaded) is exactly right! the only DTC that cant be traced to its source.... every other DTC can be pinpointed, except the 600 series codes. WOW....since i have little electrical/electronic expertise, could you suggest how i might start off? i just purchased a quality multimeter and a Lisle relay test jumper kit. can i do pinout testing at the pcm? can i get signal numbers at the OBD2 port? what about the fusebox w/the jumpers and the key on? lol .........i dont know what im doing! but i know i cant afford to have it fixed! ...so i have to try...thanks for interest all. and i will keep you posted periodically so visit me once in a while and wish me a shitload of luck.... im going to need it. PS IT OKAY to offer any advice and/or Suggestions too? CYA
Old 10-30-2019, 11:42 AM   #17
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by no mercy View Post
(cont) yes Reichler (dreaded) is exactly right! the only DTC that cant be traced to its source.... every other DTC can be pinpointed, except the 600 series codes. WOW....since i have little electrical/electronic expertise, could you suggest how i might start off? i just purchased a quality multimeter and a Lisle relay test jumper kit. can i do pinout testing at the pcm? can i get signal numbers at the OBD2 port? what about the fusebox w/the jumpers and the key on? lol .........i dont know what im doing! but i know i cant afford to have it fixed! ...so i have to try...thanks for interest all. and i will keep you posted periodically so visit me once in a while and wish me a shitload of luck.... im going to need it. PS IT OKAY to offer any advice and/or Suggestions too? CYA
honestly if you don't know what you're doing with the computer it's better to have someone fix it. you can get a used computer for not too much, and the dealer isn't the only one who can program it. plenty of shops have OE or equivalent scan tools. most likely you are going to need a PCM if that is your only code, but as you said the harness should be pinchecked. You are also going to need wiring diagrams to check it out properly, you can't just check it at the OBDII connector.

You can try shaking around the harness to see if anything changes though, in most cases this will show you if there is a wiring problem. Otherwise start saving if you really can't afford to get it repaired
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 03:12 PM   #18
no mercy

thanks so much for reply....just got my meter ....so i been watching a ton of youtube vids on diagnostics repairs at aftermarket places w/a multi- meter, test light and scanners. ....I pulled my tps plug and did a reference voltage check w/key on and its at factory 5 volt. so its got power coming from the pcm enough to activate. same with some of the other critical sensors.....MAP, MAF, VAP CAN, AC, CRANK, CAM..etc. i am going thru them now. these camaro plugs wont allow a pin test thru the back of the plug while still plugged in(lol)like older vehicles. so, not sure what to do there yet. just by the 5 volt reference on the TPS plug tells us that the PCM is outputting correct signal to all the criticals. yet im getting a PO601. inferring its faulting. i expected to get lo reference voltage which would of more confirmed a faulty PCM. but what do i know, rite? still wnt crank, when it did a couple times, it fired off and revved until it just stalled out..i dont hear my fuel pump...so i be checking those next.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:25 PM   #19
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Did you push in the shrader valve on the fuel line to check for pressure?
Old 11-03-2019, 03:45 AM   #20
no mercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Did you push in the shrader valve on the fuel line to check for pressure?
thanks for reply ..... no, but still troubleshooting like a crazy CamaroMan!
Old 11-03-2019, 04:00 AM   #21
no mercy

(update)....after 5volt references under hood..... went to battery next. 12.73v at trunk 12.62v up front. everything is clean, tite. load drop with headlights on 2min about 1v. okay, so i jumped the starter at the relay, works great!.... so i have not been hearing my fuel pump energize when trying to crank it. so i go there next. i then jumped the pump at the FSCM connector from the PCM and it too, runs great! yay! then i check for PCM command signal to FSCM ....and got none. dark green wire/white stripe. supposed to have power 3 to 6 sec.? to prime after key on.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:13 AM   #22
no mercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by no mercy View Post
(update)....after 5volt references under hood..... went to battery next. 12.73v at trunk 12.62v up front. everything is clean, tite. load drop with headlights on 2min about 1v. okay, so i jumped the starter at the relay, works great!.... so i have not been hearing my fuel pump energize when trying to crank it. so i go there next. i then jumped the pump at the FSCM connector from the PCM and it too, runs great! yay! then i check for PCM command signal to FSCM ....and got none. dark green wire/white stripe. supposed to have power 3 to 6 sec.? to prime after key on.
(cont) then i traced green/white wire up to the PCM pulled the connector and tapped into it at pin# 50 to get correct 12v command fuel pump on signal...reconnected it then w/key on tested it ....nada. no power period. checked many times different ways same with all my testing w/multimeter or test light probe. i check results many times to be sure!
Old 11-03-2019, 04:30 AM   #23
no mercy

so thats about where im at now. still no crank .....reduced engine power showing on the info panel...CEL lite lit. fault code PO601........ So on another note, what happens if i replace/repair my PCM, which is looking more and more like its bad. i read that once I reflash it with my VIN it will over write whatever is on there and change the strategy ID, which will then invalidate my custom tunes that i have on my SCT LiveWire...is this true? can anyone confirm this or has done it? also my SCT will be unable to write to the reflash even if i unmarried first from the original. they say it turns into a $700 paper weight! looking for any replies and thank you so much in advance ........this tuning stuff is CRAZY TRAIN.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:05 AM   #24
no mercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
honestly if you don't know what you're doing with the computer it's better to have someone fix it. you can get a used computer for not too much, and the dealer isn't the only one who can program it. plenty of shops have OE or equivalent scan tools. most likely you are going to need a PCM if that is your only code, but as you said the harness should be pinchecked. You are also going to need wiring diagrams to check it out properly, you can't just check it at the OBDII connector.

You can try shaking around the harness to see if anything changes though, in most cases this will show you if there is a wiring problem. Otherwise start saving if you really can't afford to get it repaired
thanks for reply.....i seen other posts that you have rplied to. i have read that once i reflash my PCM or a replacement with my VIN to a factory tune it will overwrite the existing one. And apparently that renders my custom tunes invalid. they can no longer be written to the reflash/replacement PCM. is this true? I mean, Really? so my tunes are written and locked to a specific Strategy ID# then when that tune is overwritten the new tune has a new ID#..rite? and the old custom tunes will no longer recognize it ...simple rite? so what are the options then left? purchase more and expensive new custom tunes, do more data logging that takes effin years cause of non stop rain? then the pCM goes bad again....so the vicious cycle never ends....somethin not rite here.

Last edited by no mercy; 11-03-2019 at 05:28 AM.