Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #29
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Consider my post NOT a rumor. I got my information from GM. It's usually pretty accurate.
Hey imagine that. I said that at 2:07 post #17 today. I know I am so high strung right now that rumors or unverified information is almost humorous.

If it has not been said before....Thanks Scotty! Wait that has probably been said about a billion times already.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #30
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Please do not bother FBodfather with these requests as many of us have already addressed this issue in prior posts. I stated:

Now repeat after me.

Fbodfather is not my bitch. He is not at my beck and call. Just because my synapses are in a spasm about something I feel is important, it does not mean that I deserve his response. Give them man some EFFING RESPECT already and appreciate that he gives us what he does. If you make a thread addressed to him, you are a tool.

The dealers here are good sources or we would have run them out by now (as has already been done before). If we say trust them, then trust them.

Rack me.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #31
roadie2991
Camaroholic

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS IOM int/ext
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post

Now repeat after me.

Fbodfather is not my bitch. He is not at my beck and call. Just because my synapses are in a spasm about something I feel is important, it does not mean that I deserve his response. Give them man some EFFING RESPECT already and appreciate that he gives us what he does. If you make a thread addressed to him, you are a tool.

The dealers here are good sources or we would have run them out by now (as has already been done before). If we say trust them, then trust them.

Rack me.
Thanks for the laugh MerF.....you amuse me!
2500 3-24-09
3000 3-26-09
3100 4-18-09
3300 4-18-09
3400 4-30-09
3800 5-6-09 #8102
4000 5-6-09
4104 5-6-09
4B00 5-6-09
4200 5-12-09
5000 5-20-09
6000 5-20-09

roadie2991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 PM   #32
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:

Now repeat after me.

Rack me.
HERE HERE!!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:38 PM   #33
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Rack me.
Lol, silly clone
Scourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #34
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourage View Post
Lol, silly clone
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #35
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:

Now repeat after me.

Fbodfather is not my bitch. .

WHAT?

YOU FOUND SOMEONE ELSE?????!!!!!??????

J/K.......

(........well.............mebbe......

Anywhoo --

I don't mind answering questions like this.

(but to everyone - please stop sending me daily requests for updates to your Camaros -- I simply don't have the time or staff to answer each request -- )

(.......and dear GOD there are some 'inventive' people out there coming up with some pretty amazing reasons for why I need to build their Camaro before anyone else's....)

We've never been in Chapter 11 -- so we're in uncharted waters here, for the most part.......

..........but we have no plans to stop producing the Camaro -- and someone brought up the fact that a judge would most likely ensure that select suppliers are paid in order to keep the company afloat.... (by the way -- I need to make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that I have nothing to do with the group that is working thru Bankruptcy contingency plans -- so I'm certainly no expert!)

What I CAN say is this:

While it sometimes seems that we do not care about you -- NOTHING.......

let me repeat that:

NOTHING

.......could be further from the truth.

What IS true:

over 15,000 sold orders -- we simply cannot build all of them at once.

some customers have ordered multiple units -- that's putting some behind.

some dealers took more orders than allocation - that's a problem.....

we said that if you pre-ordered from a dealer (with allocation) we'd build by the third quarter -- we're ahead of schedule.......

We are 'baying' cars when we inspect and find something wrong.......and because this is a new vehicle -- and we know how closely you'll look at your new Camaro -- we're taking these actions to ensure these are the best Camaros ever.

We are damned if we do and we are damned if we don't -- I'd rather be damned for holding cars and ensuring they're right -- than to be damned because they all arrive at dealerships with multiple problems.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #36
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

Now repeat after me.

Rack me.
No, Rack HIM. vvvvvvvvvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
WHAT?

J/K.......

Anywhoo --

(but to everyone - please stop sending me daily requests for updates to your Camaros -- I simply don't have the time or staff to answer each request -- )

(.......and dear GOD there are some 'inventive' people out there coming up with some pretty amazing reasons for why I need to build their Camaro before anyone else's....)

We've never been in Chapter 11 -- so we're in uncharted waters here, for the most part.......

..........but we have no plans to stop producing the Camaro -- and someone brought up the fact that a judge would most likely ensure that select suppliers are paid in order to keep the company afloat.... (by the way -- I need to make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that I have nothing to do with the group that is working thru Bankruptcy contingency plans -- so I'm certainly no expert!)

What I CAN say is this:

let me repeat that:

NOTHING

What IS true:

we said that if you pre-ordered from a dealer (with allocation) we'd build by the third quarter -- we're ahead of schedule.......

We are 'baying' cars when we inspect and find something wrong.......and because this is a new vehicle -- and we know how closely you'll look at your new Camaro -- we're taking these actions to ensure these are the best Camaros ever.

We are damned if we do and we are damned if we don't -- I'd rather be damned for holding cars and ensuring they're right -- than to be damned because they all arrive at dealerships with multiple problems.
Huge call of the day. LATE
Old 05-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #37
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
WHAT?

J/K.......

Anywhoo --

What I CAN say is this:

let me repeat that:

NOTHING

What IS true:

then the fbodfather said you will get your car and i say AMEN

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:32 AM   #38
zman302
DZ 302 4spd

Drives: 1969 Z/28
FBodfather, we appreciate GM pulling our car because something wasn't quite right with it, we have been built for 7+ weeks now with no reason as to why its held, but I think i can speak for most people that while we understand why they are being held in QC, it would be nice to have a bit of communication as to why our car is being held and a approximate time it will be released and delivered. I know you can't get that awnser for us, but maybe you could pass that up to GM. Thanks for all you do for us and we patiently await the arrival of our Camaro.
zman302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #39
qbert48

i say fix all bayed cars then ship the rest,but ship me my car first
thanks to camaro scotty i am an addict but i still want my car first

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #40
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman302 View Post
FBodfather, we appreciate GM pulling our car because something wasn't quite right with it, we have been built for 7+ weeks now with no reason as to why its held, but I think i can speak for most people that while we understand why they are being held in QC, it would be nice to have a bit of communication as to why our car is being held and a approximate time it will be released and delivered. I know you can't get that awnser for us, but maybe you could pass that up to GM. Thanks for all you do for us and we patiently await the arrival of our Camaro.

I understand why you want more info.

But stop and think about this for a minute:

Let's say you walk up to me....and I say: "Don't turn around and look - but there's a NAKED BABE behind you!!!"

Naturally you're gonna turn around and look!

There are several things we're looking at - if I told you every one of them, on the site -- well - that would be about a gagillion people who would know...and that would lead to people looking at EVERYTHING I happpened to mention to you -- ........and you know how human nature is.......

(...don't believe me? Try NOT laughing in church after someone does!)

We are processing them as fast as possible with the staff we have.

For instance: The reflash of the BCM for window indexing? Over two hours per car! -- each car needs to be driven over some bumps to find out if the 'itch' is in the car. (an interior noise...) -

We hope to have all cars finished prior to the end of May.

Now -- as we build cars -- we're going over them ..and if there are any issues, we're baying those as well -but at Oshawa rather than shipping to Pontiac as many were.........

We WILL get them out.

We DO understand how badly you want your new CAmaros (that's a GOOD thing!)

But we are doing this to ensure that these are the best Camaros ever.

(that last line may become the next 'have faith' in terms of how many times I've typed it!)

And think about this: Go read the threads of those who have taken delivery - in just about every case - they say it was more than worth the wait.........

(......and for the record? Holding these cars is costing us a stupid amount of money -- but again, we're doing it for the benefit of our customers -- and our reputation.........)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:13 AM   #41
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert48 View Post
i say fix all bayed cars then ship the rest,but ship me my car first:
Old 05-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #42
qbert48

thank the maker we have people like scott watching our babies being built