Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Injector Problems or Something Else?

So the problem started happening two weeks ago. My car was feeling a little sluggish and I was getting on the on ramp my car went to shift and when it did it misfires and it seemed like something shot out through the exhaust. Car threw a CEL so I pulled over turned the car back off and on and it was fine. Or so I thought...

Fast forward a couple of days I was going into work. I was on the highway behind a truck and I went to get on it to pass and as my car was reaching the higher RPMs it misfired again this time when it happened the radio stopped for a second. Pulled over on the side of the road, turned the car off and back on and it was fine.

Well was on the highway again yesterday going home to see my Dad and I went to go pass a truck and wouldn't you know car misfired once again in the higher RPM range. This time when it happened I noticed my doors unlocked and quickly locked, weird. The last times I didn't have a code scanner on hand but I made so to have one this time. So I pulled over and read the codes and here is what popped up:

P2155 Cylinder 4 Injector High Control Circuit
P216A Cylinder 5 Injector High Control Circuit
P216D Cylinder 6 Injector High Control Circuit

Now I tried doing some research but all I could find is that either:

All three of those injectors are bad and they need to be replaced
There is an open in the wiring somewhere
A short in the wiring somewhere
Bad PCM

Now one thing I don't understand is if just those three injectors are having problems then why would all 6 of my cylinders misfire, should only the last 3 be misfiring?
Old 09-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Noone?
Old 09-22-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
so on my '12 i was heading out of town everything fine and it started misfiring badly above 2.5k it was like bad gas from hell. i was in the middle of bfe so i kept going and it slowly worked itself out. did this randomly a couple times and never tripped a cel. last time it did. took it in and a injector took a dump at 20k miles. not it randomly acts like this still but to a very small degree. i have a suspicion another one is getting ready to jump ship
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Was it the fuel injector or one of the injector coils? I can only image how pricey it will be to replace 3 fuel injectors...
Old 09-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
How hard are they to swap around? Swap the 3 the codes are on for 3 that's not sending a code and see if problem swaps also,It'll tell you if the injectors the cause. Might be a pain to do but you'll know if that's the cause and you'll be one step closer to being an expert on the situation. Good luck
Old 10-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #6
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

So yesterday was at a red light and when it turned green I went to give it some gas. Wel not too much longer than that the car lost power, radio off, HUD off, DIC off, MPG and RPM gauges at zero. So pulled over turned the car off and then back on and it was fine. That is until I was on my way home. Was turning on my street, when all of a sudden car looses power. This time my DIC displayed my speed limiter was set to 315PMH (yea that is what it said) I wasn't even giving it gas was just coasting since there is a slight hill. Pulled over turned the car off and then back on and it was fine for the last few 100 feet.

Like wtf this is really pissing me off, wonder if my ECM is bad? or the issue is something else.