Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #183
Sgtrod

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Try these two things..

1. Put it on SP0 and hold the throttle half way in second...while doing this, dial it up to SP9 (feels like the car hits nitrous) lol
2. Hold the throttle half way on SP9 and dial it down to SP0 (feels like the engine blew)

Maybe its less noticable on the V6

Also, make sure the eco setting is at 0...that will kill the throttle
Sgtrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #184
Djinn

Drives: 2LT/RS
I will give it a shot, but it might be like you said less noticeable on the 6
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:13 AM   #185
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Vitesse Throttle Controller Install

You should see significant improvement on the V6. More so than the V8. Make sure the unit was initialized correctly.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:31 AM   #186
Venomous

Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtrod View Post
Try these two things..

1. Put it on SP0 and hold the throttle half way in second...while doing this, dial it up to SP9 (feels like the car hits nitrous) lol
2. Hold the throttle half way on SP9 and dial it down to SP0 (feels like the engine blew)

Maybe its less noticable on the V6

Also, make sure the eco setting is at 0...that will kill the throttle
I may be wrong but I think vitesse recommended letting off gas pedal before changing it while driving.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:08 PM   #187
Azrael

Drives: 1LE
Ordered one today, trying to keep the clutter down also. Between the Valentine, Oracle controller and lidar ... parking sensor controller space is at a premium. I don't care much about voiding the warranty, considering an in dash install somehow.

15' 1LE: CAI / Scoop / LT's / Retro Stainless / Ported TB / Catch Can / SCT X4 / Catch Can / AntiLaser Priority
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #188
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
I received mine last week and installed Saturday. Set up is super simple. Set it on sp05 and tested. throttle is a little more responsive, but nothing to brag about. Put it on sp09, throttle is just a little more responsive, but you can tell the difference. Drove the car all weekend on sp06. The more I drive it the more you can tell something is up. I have a 2011 2LT RS and it is quicker on the take off, but just not quite what I was expecting I guess...
I notice a tremendous difference between stock (SP0) and SP6. I have a 2012 1LT. Definitely make sure you have calibrated it correctly as the instructions say. I also noticed then if you end up getting a CEL - its usually because the VTC is NOT calibrated correctly. I have removed mine twice before taking car to dealership. Both times i had to perform the calibration a few times to get it calibrated correctly - or a CEL would come on. I forgot the code but its definition is something similar to "Throttle position not calibrated with gas pedal".
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 09:02 PM   #189
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
Have had the controller for 2 months now...SP-9 ..all the time !! A wicked upgrade !!!! That motor response is RIGHT THERE !!!!!!
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:46 AM   #190
MrGarb

Drives: 2014 Black 2LS tinted and Subwoofed
Putting my controller to Eco 5, during an hour drive on the highway I maintained 35.6 mpg.

That's definitely not how I oft drive, but if you try, you can for sure get high gas millage.

Mods/other: Scosche head unit, Black rear lightup bowtie, footwell lighting, Chevy door puddle lights, chrome door sills, locking fuel door cover, 20" ZL1 rep wheels' matte black.

Sound: Pioneer 4100 radio, Hertz high energy tweets/6x9's, JL Audio 12TW3 sub in custom box, hush mats in doors, 2 amps I forget the names of..

Mods to come: Wolo PA system, maybe strut bars?
MrGarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #191
sixtyseven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS 2017 XL1200C
Bought my VTC in Jan. Installed it in mid April.

SP3 seems to be the sweet spot for me in both performance and MPG.
Anything above SP3 and my car growls (CAI) way too early. BTW that growl reminds me of the sound of Holley 4 barrels opening up. Also my rear tires sometimes break loose with out even trying (nannies on). So SP3 is the perfect setting for my hard driving style. I average 20mpg hardly any highway driving.

Don't know if it matters or not but I always put it back to SP0 for cold startups. Then to SP3 after engine warm up. No CEL's to date.
2015 2LT/RS Black -w- CGM Rally Stripes. CAI, Elite CC, Apex air scoop + w/b kit, JacFab ported IM/Extendolator, Solo HFC's, Corsa Sport Cat-Back #14953, GM strut brace, GM stealth splash guards, GM premium floor mats, Defenderworx two tone sills, Emblem Pro LFX hood emblems, FR41-20x9/20x10 gloss black wheels, OK91/93 - OKTCM Tune.

sixtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #192
mandolino

Drives: 2011 ls camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyseven View Post
Bought my VTC in Jan. Installed it in mid April.

SP3 seems to be the sweet spot for me in both performance and MPG.
Anything above SP3 and my car growls (CAI) way too early. BTW that growl reminds me of the sound of Holley 4 barrels opening up. Also my rear tires sometimes break loose with out even trying (nannies on). So SP3 is the perfect setting for my hard driving style. I average 20mpg hardly any highway driving.

Don't know if it matters or not but I always put it back to SP0 for cold startups. Then to SP3 after engine warm up. No CEL's to date.
20mpg? shit maybe somthing is wrong with my car. i do mostly highway vtc set to EC0 except for some occasional spirited driving thru the hills at SP5 and i only get 16.9 average i do drive pretty hard for "normal" driving but it cant be that bad
mandolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:49 PM   #193
sixtyseven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS 2017 XL1200C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolino View Post
20mpg? shit maybe somthing is wrong with my car. i do mostly highway vtc set to EC0 except for some occasional spirited driving thru the hills at SP5 and i only get 16.9 average i do drive pretty hard for "normal" driving but it cant be that bad
Yea I reset my MPG ave every week or two and drive it hard. Stays in between 20 to 20.3 mpg. The best I've got on the hwy is 24.7. Hoping that improves with mileage as its just a little over 4,000 now on the odometer.

As for the controller I just sit it on the steering column without any double sided tape. It sets there just fine. Easily to be removed if need so.
2015 2LT/RS Black -w- CGM Rally Stripes. CAI, Elite CC, Apex air scoop + w/b kit, JacFab ported IM/Extendolator, Solo HFC's, Corsa Sport Cat-Back #14953, GM strut brace, GM stealth splash guards, GM premium floor mats, Defenderworx two tone sills, Emblem Pro LFX hood emblems, FR41-20x9/20x10 gloss black wheels, OK91/93 - OKTCM Tune.

sixtyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:34 PM   #194
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Recommend this upgrade anytime!
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:14 AM   #195
Triple000Digits

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS
Soooo it's lookin like the automatics see more results from this mod...am I right
Triple000Digits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:43 AM   #196
Venomous

Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
I have great results with my manual.