Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
What the....?

Was surfing the web looking for some coil overs and ran across this page

http://www.ezautoaccessories.com/pro...=p1111-c96357#

Never heard of this company , but I'm pretty sure they don't manufacture these (most companies don't) . Wondering if anyone knows about them at all

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.

Last edited by Nexus6; 11-22-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
mhog

Drives: 2010 V6 Camaro 2LT/RS
Megan's are made by BC I think. I hear a lower grade than the BC we know. Megans are used on the Toyotas and nissans allot. They seem to like them. Someone on camaro 5 has them.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Same as BC and built by BC with different color anodizing. Even better price.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
Nexus6
More human than human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Same as BC and built by BC with different color anodizing. Even better price.
Is it the exact same as the BC line ? or is it a lower grade as Squintz Palladoris stated ?

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 AM   #5
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Both Megan and BC are made elsewhere and "labeled" brand X. Most are chinese.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
Nexus6
More human than human

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Both Megan and BC are made elsewhere and "labeled" brand X. Most are chinese.
I do know that BC manufactures the Pedders coilovers. sources ?

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

mind.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #7
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Is it the exact same as the BC line ? or is it a lower grade as Squintz Palladoris stated ?
I didn't say anything about a lower grade or quality.

As for Valving you would have to do your own research. They (all 3 brands) have the same spring rates and are the same size. BC will private label their shocks and change the appearance. They are all made in the same place.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
Nexus6
More human than human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
I didn't say anything about a lower grade or quality.

As for Valving you would have to do your own research. They (all 3 brands) have the same spring rates and are the same size. BC will private label their shocks and change the appearance. They are all made in the same place.
Sorry , I meant Mhog. apologies , I was very tired . :(

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

mind.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I hate to burst bubbles, but it is a fact that Pedders developed our Camaro coilovers in the USA. Pedders coilovers for the Camaro were on the market for more than a year when similar looking product hit the market. I have made this statement frequently, but it appears to fall on deaf ears. Contact BC and ask them if they have anything to do with Pedders coilovers. Skip the middle men, those with axes to grind and product to sell. Contact BC directly and post their reply here.

http://www.bcec.com.tw/contact/contact.html

It wouldn't be the first time something was copied by a company in China and it won't be the last. You have to ask yourself why the Pedders warranty is longer than the look alike product. Ask yourself why Pedders was the first to be fast in a Camaro and is still the fastest? Why is it that Pedders literally wrote the Book on 5th Gen Suspension?

On the other hand, do you know where your Camaro front strut mounts are made?

What about your upper rear spring perches country of origin?

I do, but does it matter?

When you are very successful in any business you learn to live in a fish bowl. In the auto industry, key business partners are valuable assets. My partner Ron Pedder spends the bulk of his time researching the best-of-the-best manufacturers in the world and visiting them. Our evaluation process is straight forward and based on four questions.

1. Is this the best plant in operation
2. Are they capable of manufacturing to Pedders standards
3. Are they willing to make our parts exactly as Pedders wants them made
4. Is the culture of the plant going to support Pedders culture of excellence

Because of Ron's hard work and extensive travel we know who makes what for who. Leaking that type of information would not boost our sales and could hurt other companies and people. It is something you just don't do. Do we manufacture all of our own products in plants we own? No. Are the parts we brand as Pedders unique to Pedders. Yes. Australia is a small country. What we have been calling out sourcing in the USA has been business as usual in AU due to population. The entire AU population is the same as the LA metro area. That is too small an area to support some manufacturing operations.

Contracted manufacture can be as simple as placing an order for an existing product in a different color or it can be exceptionally complex based on the acceptable tolerances of manufacture and other mission critical manufacturing details. Pedders has been in the suspension business for 60 years. Our clients expect nothing but the best from us. A great example would be GTO struts that we have made by Monroe AU. Our tolerances on the strut shaft are so tight our rejects were perfectly acceptable for OE strut specifications. OEMs have parts inspected at random x number of pieces per x thousand produced. EVERY Pedders strut is pressure tested on the assembly line. Our quality standards are unique to Pedders.

In Australia, Pedders is a Tier 1 supplier to Ford and Holden with warranty re-manufacturing of power steering pumps and steering racks. When a OEM unit fails it gets shipped to Pedders. We tear it down and re-manufacture it to a higher than OE standard. Where an OEM would find a 8 pound variance side to side Pedders will get it down to 4 pounds. Every step of the way we want to make it better. It is our culture. It is not unusual for a new car Dealer to tell their own RZM that a Pedders re-manufactured part functions better than the unit off the assembly line. It better. It came from Pedders.

Many parts will look alike. A double loop shock is a great example. The length and shape will be very similar product to product, unless you have a trained eye. A less expensive unit may have a spot weld holding the loop to the body where a Pedders unit would have a full weld. The seal on the other unit is a grade 2 where the Pedders seal is a grade 5 at three times the cost. Does any of that matter to the customer? In some respects yes and other respects no. What the Pedders client cares about is the driving experience. Does it perform as they expect a Pedders shock to perform? That is the priority. How we get a Pedders product to meet our customer standards from a technical standpoint to is not important. The driving experience is what matters.

When we manufacture parts off site we literally have our own people on the shop floor. The manufacturing partner does the QC required by the contract while our parts run under the scrutiny of our own employee. It isn't cheap and some would question why we go to this length. The answer is we are Pedders and know it is our people that make the difference. The Pedder family has operated Pedders for 60 years. I was fortunate to develop a relationship with the family that turned into a partnership. The family name is on the box. The product inside had better be Pedders Perfect. Pedders is the manufacturer. Pedders has the responsibility from design to finished boxed product to customer satisfactions years after it is installed. If it is in a Pedders box it is a Pedders product. Period.

Anything else anyone would like to know?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #10
Nexus6
More human than human

Thank you for clearing all that up , Pete . I've been told by people selling other brands that they were the same thing , just private labeled. I guess I missed the threads where you chimed in with this info in the past . I wasn't trying to say anything bad about your company at all , I was just trying to get more information on these as they were so cheap. I do hold your company in very high regards . Thank you again for this information

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

mind.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Anything else anyone would like to know?
Yes.

Ginger, or MaryAnne?
Old 11-23-2011, 12:57 AM   #12
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yes.

Ginger, or MaryAnne?
MaryAnne most assuredly... just saying... You can take her to the park with a six pack and frisbee, and then she cleans up like heaven for dinner on the town...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 11-23-2011, 08:03 AM   #13
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yes.

Ginger, or MaryAnne?
Can you be more specific?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:49 AM   #14
Li0nel1234
What should I name my car

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IOM
Send a message via AIM to Li0nel1234
Don't forget about peace of mind. It's hard to put a price tag on that... How are you going to feel going into a bumpy lefthand decreasing radius sweeper at 80 mph with what you bought? I'm confident with the products I went with. After you do your research, go with what you'll be comfortable with. Also, some companies stand behind their products and offer great customer support. That also played a part in the choices I made for my Camaro.
Performance: ARH 2"/"3 headers + ARH 3" HF catback system, SS brake lines, hawk HP+ pads, motul RBF 600 fluid, K&N CAI (w/custom insulation), plug wires, air scoop, Hurst STS, Pedders Track II suspension, 18x10 wheels, 295/45/18 Nitto NT05s
Looks: powder coated iom calipers, LED foglights w/ always on harness, custom painted bowties, window tint, smoke tinted tail lights etc, oem gfx w/ custom outlets, painted taillight bezels, all weather trunk mat

Closed Thread