Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 01-09-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
ls3camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
How to get kicked out of a Chevy Dealership

Funny Story!
DO NOT GO TO STONEBRIAR CHEVORLET in Frisco TX. After getting my oil changed in the Camaro a tech a NTB noticed one of the rear shocks was slowing leaking some fluid so I took some pictures of the one side looking normal and the other side leaking. Since the car only had 25000 miles I wanted to get it fixed so I didnt have an issue later on. Took it to Stonebriar Chevy to have it looked at. I sat in the in the drive way for about 10min before even being approached, told the adviser the problem and he said they will take a look at it but it will be a day before they can get it on a lift. So i ask about a rental car because well ill need a car to drive since its going to be longer than 24hrs.

Next day I get a call "there is nothing wrong with your car". I drive up there and talked to the advisor and showed him the pictures. He then tells me its normal and if i had a problem with it to talk to the service manager. So I talk to the manager and we walk outside to the lift to look at the car. As soon as a walked up both shocks had been cleaned off so there was no way to tell that it was leaking. I then showed the managers the pictures I had taken and he then said quote "there is nothing wrong with your car... are you called me a liar" end quote. I looked at his face and said pictures dont lie. He then said get out of my shop and your not allowed to get your car serviced her again...

Any One else had any Issues with them?
ls3camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
dolt45
Glorious Ignoramus

Drives: SS 45th
A shock absorber isn't exactly a high dollar item. I can't understand why they would be so adverse to fixing it (or at the very least admitting there was a problem)
I think a phone call to GM is in order. I took the below from the General Motors website (http://www.gm.com/toolbar/contactUs.html)

" Your satisfaction and good will are important to your dealer and to GM. Normally, any concerns with the sales transaction or the operation of your vehicle will be resolved by your dealer's sales or service departments. Sometimes, however, despite the best intentions of all involved, misunderstandings can occur. If your concern has not been resolved to your satisfaction, contact a member of dealership management to discuss the matter. Normally, concerns can be quickly resolved at that level. If the matter has already been reviewed with the sales, service, or parts manager, contact the owner of the dealership or the general manager.
If after contacting a member of dealership management, it appears your concern cannot be resolved by the dealership without further help, call the Customer Assistance Center: Chevrolet: 1-800-222-1020 "

Best of luck getting this resolved.

Disclaimer: I really have no idea WTF I'm talking about.

Last edited by dolt45; 01-13-2012 at 01:20 PM.
dolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
white ZL1

Drives: none
This just astonishes me. I have no idea why a dealership would turn down warranty work.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
Diveprincess

Drives: 2012 camaro LT1 IOM, 2007 Honda ody
Wow that's crazy! I really hate it when you have photographic proof and they still tell ya your nuts. I hope you find resolution soon.
Diveprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
idoit dealer!!

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #6
2010ABM

Drives: 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Best thing to do is contact the district rep from GM and tell him your situation. The dealers take their surveys and customer satisfaction very seriously and get in big trouble for stuff like this. If in fact that is exactly how it went down, I'd be calling to GM rep and speaking to him/her if I were you.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Brutal SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Take it to Classic Chevrolet, I have heard great things about them !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
GM will contact you quick if you let them know. I contacted them on behalf of a C5'er who was asking about a car being advertised as an RS when it wasn't. GM contacted me within a few hours.

Problem was the C5'er was an idiot and bought the car anyway so I thanked GM for their quick response and dropped it.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
Texas Fright

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS - 2006 Cadillac CTS
This is why I only go to Classic Chevrolet, hell it's 30 miles from my house and I still only go there. I even get my cadillac serviced there because I've had bad experiences at Moritz and Sewell (Basically what I've learned is if you look young at the Cadillac dealer they ignore you). I always use Randy Harp who is great, I would email him the photos you took at NTB and explain to him what happened at this other dealership and what they did. His email is rharp@classicchevytexas.com. Tell him charles with the cts that always has weird problems referred you to him, he'll know me lol.
Texas Fright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
ls3camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Contacted GM about the situation and they contacted Eldorado Chevy in Mckinney. Headed out here and Lets just say MUCH BETTER... They took care of everything and didnt have any issues. Gm said they would investigate the issues with Stonebriar and they have been a few complaints. Interested in hearing the results.
ls3camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
yikes! dont they get paid for warranty work. soooooo why not fix it
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
TA2D50

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
I went to Stonebriar Chevorlet when I was shopping for my Camaro. The sales guy was VERY rude. He said that they would not budge on the prices as the Camaro's sale themselves. I said thanks and I'd go somewhere else. He tried to hand me his card and I told him he should go put it on one of the Camaro's out there since they sale themselves. I went straight to Eldorado Chevorlet in McKinney and am super Happy with them. They do all my service. Ask for Ty. He is very knowledgeable.
TA2D50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #14
Andy@AMSOIL
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
oh boy !! i would be having fun ridding this service manager all the way up to corporate
Andy@AMSOIL is offline   Reply With Quote