Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #71
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Try selling your 5th gen and you'll find out how valuable and collectible they are. (not very!)
I don't think that this is a valid point on the debate.

Not sure why this card is loosely thrown around like some sort of diversion, lol.

The guys choosing to not drive their 1LE's in the winter, is not because they believe they have a collector on their hands and/or strike_it_rich in 30, lol!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #72
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Try selling your 5th gen and you'll find out how valuable and collectible they are. (not very!)
For sake of argument, I own the last Inferno Orange Camaro ever produced, including LS/LT, SS and ZL1 models....and it happens to be a 1LE.

Been offered well over what I paid...

Again, for argument sake.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Last edited by Banshee; 01-22-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:40 PM   #73
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Guys these are the same type of people that get pissed when they can't get a good resale value when they sell or trade in. Or they try saying the car never seen rain or snow when they post for sale on Craigslist at top dollar asking price.
I plan on keeping mine. Actually have the entire front end of the engine off now. Car is warm in the garage and I'm currently modding it through the winter months. I just completed polishing everything on the front of the engine. As electric puts it my garage queen , currently is coated with crap load of aluminum dust after all the sanding and polishing. I have a cover on but the dust still got under it. Car is ok though no scratches. I guess all the million post on here with mods and custom work are just garage queens. At least our cars will still be around after they are paid off.
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #74
Jayjellyfish212

Banshee- she is a keeper bro.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:45 PM   #75
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Priceless!

Obviously Paris Hilton or an NBA star with more expendable income than brains!
Lol I'm glad you've got a sense of humor. Idk what that person was thinking.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:52 PM   #76
Jayjellyfish212

I am not sure where these guys are coming up with this not collectable nonsense. Last I knew these days every damn thing seems collectable. I just seen an old porcilen gas station sign sell for 3200.. A dang old gas can is worth anywhere from 5-100. And any true camaro person will tell you Every camaro is a collector car!!! You don't believe that then you are not worthy of owning a Camaro.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:11 PM   #77
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
I don't think that this is a valid point on the debate.

Not sure why this card is loosely thrown around like some sort of diversion, lol.

The guys choosing to not drive their 1LE's in the winter, is not because they believe they have a collector on their hands and/or strike_it_rich in 30, lol!
Aren't you the same one who posted this? Hypocritical?

"Hopefully, you dudes who drive your 1LE's in the snow, slush, on the highway, remembered to protect the front end with film.

Otherwise, replace your sandblasted windshields and headlights, and repaint your front chipped bumper, on these low riding cars, say after, 4-5 years?

Oh wait, no need, you will be trading in anyways, and keep the ball rolling with the banks, who most likely have the vast majority of the population by the balls anyways.

Flame me all you want, I even took off the flame suit ��."

Hell, its not a collector's item, why protect it? Smh
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #78
Kendall421

So many opinions on here and people judging others. Amazing. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink! LOL

So, I don't drive my 1LE... Or my other Camaro's in the snow. Why? Collectors items? Nope! So why not? Because I don't have to!

You know what a Swiss army knife is? Do you peel an apple with the can opener? Nope! Wrong tool for the job. You use the blade. So my cars are like a Swiss Army knife. The Camaro is not the best choice for snowy nasty roads. So I choose the right blade. Those that can't afford a second car really have no voice in this matter. I understand it... Been there, done that. But your reason for driving your car year round is clear, you have no choice.

I have 7 cars and all have a purpose. None of my Camaro's see intimate weather. I choose to be that way because I want to. Plane and simple! My cars, my choice... No other reason. I cannot drive a Camaro as a DD either. I have to drive an SUV. I haul a lot of demo gear and equipment. I also take a lot of clients to lunch and the back seat of a 2 door CAMARO is not comfortable. Again, Swiss army knife analogy comes into play.

So before most of you judge us for not driving them year round, understand why we don't.

Be nice to each other guys... We are all kindred spirits with a common love... The Camaro!
Old 01-23-2016, 01:33 AM   #79
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall421 View Post
Aren't you the same one who posted this? Hypocritical?

"Hopefully, you dudes who drive your 1LE's in the snow, slush, on the highway, remembered to protect the front end with film.

Otherwise, replace your sandblasted windshields and headlights, and repaint your front chipped bumper, on these low riding cars, say after, 4-5 years?

Oh wait, no need, you will be trading in anyways, and keep the ball rolling with the banks, who most likely have the vast majority of the population by the balls anyways.

Flame me all you want, I even took off the flame suit ��."

Hell, its not a collector's item, why protect it? Smh
you completely lost me man

i think you missed my sarcasm and point.

I never wrote that last sentence btw!

You added it in there.

My advice to protect the front was sarcasm, because most haven't done this..and the reason why, I implied later regarding indefinite trade-ins.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:11 AM   #80
cowboy casey

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
I had 2 BMWs, 3 Caddys, a Lexus and more. Drove the crap out of all of them year around. You're mistaking my comments. I'm not delusional, this car is not some high dollar investment. I bought it as a summer weekend, fun, show, trackday car. Not my daily driver. I have no dreams of getting a million for it at Mecum auction one day. It's a hobby I enjoy in the summertime. I would hate to drive this car as a DD. I like driving in comfort and a 1LE is not my idea of comfort. It's a fun weekend toy
That is why you bought a 1LE, and that is great... but why do you think we are crazy cause some of us bought this car to drive the crap out of it...

There are a lot of us that have set these cars up do DD them and they work great for that duty, I still get a smile every morning when I start that engine and drive off... The other day it was 19 degrees, the frost was still on all the body panels when I got to work 30 minutes later

For you guys up in the north/east with all the salt, sorry about that but I would still drive this car daily and when I trade it in for a new car in 3 years someone else will deal with the salt crusted underside...

I think we all agree, these 1LE's are great cars for whatever we bought them for

cowboy casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #81
Notilloc

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
I don't think anyone here is judging anyone for garaging their car. I completely understand why you would garage your "investment". Judging someone for driving their car in the winter and speculating at their socioeconomic status is ignorant. I sold my Highlander after the first storm here because the Camaro did such an awesome job (I also have a pretty sizable bet going with some people at work that told me I couldn't, so the first words out of my mouth were "wanna bet!") and it was tons of fun. So yep I am driving my Camaro around in the snow and ice and whatever else I want and telling me it's because I can't afford anything else is childish. It has a lot more to do with age, family and our needs from a car. I'm in my late 20s, have a gf, no kids and very few major responsibilities and best of all a pretty great job. I choose to drive a Camaro year round (monetary gains come 5/1/2016 help) because I haven't had a single problem driving it in Minnesota. Saying that it's dangerous and life threatening is hillarious. That's like saying anyone that drives a rwd truck in winter is dangerous. The people that are dangerous are the ones driving around in bald tires, summer tires and honestly all season tires and it doesn't matter which wheels are driven or how much power you have. If you haven't driven any car with good modern winter tires then you have no experience with the situation and you can take a walk. If you have driven with modern winter tires and still think it's dangerous and life threatening then you probably aren't a very good driver and should work on that :p. Enjoy your cars however you want but I enjoy thrashing on this car because I can and if it breaks I can afford to fix it. My investments happen in real estate and the stock market. My cars are used for fun and fun only.
Notilloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #82
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Really wish there was a like button here.
Would be using it in this thread.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #83
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T View Post
Really wish there was a like button here.
Would be using it in this thread.
Feel free to use this while they make one
Attached Images

xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #84
Kendall421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
you completely lost me man

i think you missed my sarcasm and point.

I never wrote that last sentence btw!

You added it in there.

My advice to protect the front was sarcasm, because most haven't done this..and the reason why, I implied later regarding indefinite trade-ins.
You are correct sir...I added the last sentence. Thats why it was not between the quote marks I put around you post. The last sentence was my sarcasm back! LOL Sarcasm is so hard to define in posts! All good.