Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 07-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Do not attend any Mass Cruiser sponsored shows

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1108..._comment_reply

Patrick Touhey
Go to our web page to download the form to pre-register for Auto Fest 2013.
http://clubs.hemmings.com/masscruisers/

Bob Cavanaugh Count me out.
2 hours ago via mobile · Like

Patrick Touhey Why is that......
about an hour ago · Like

Bob Cavanaugh Honestly Pat, at the Seekonk show not one of my clubs 15, 5th Gen Camaro owners that attented saw any mass cruiser judge judging our cars. We all believe we were ignored.
43 minutes ago · Like

Patrick Touhey Because its a classic car show. When the 5th gen becomes classic, they will be judged on preservation and/or restoration.
39 minutes ago · Like

Mark Furgal badda bing
38 minutes ago · Like

Bob Cavanaugh I understand. But we pay the same entry fee. If we stand no chance of a trophy why are we paying to display our cars which your club benefits from by all the people that walk by to admire and ask questions? Your club gains by our attendence.
32 minutes ago · Like

Patrick Touhey Ok, park your ride in the spectator lot and enjoy the band, food, fun and games for the kids. Check out the old rides that people have spent years and lots of $$$ restoring. That's why I like the hobby because you don't these cars every day on the street. Hey, I want to buy a new Hemi Charger and I think they are cool and fast. But I would never think of bringing to a classic car show. That's me.
27 minutes ago · Like

Mark Furgal So, you don't wanna go, because you won't go home with a prize??? I'd pay the fee just to know my car won't get jacked.

Patrick Touhey Hey I have a 66 Plymouth that will never win any prizes, because I really have invested any serious $$$ in it. I drive it all the time and I have the scratches to prove it.. I love going to shows when I can to hang out and check out other peoples rides. I have yet to submit a judging form. When you pay a fee to go to a car show, your paying for the costs we incur getting everything ready, such as renting the space, insurance, food, music and fun things to do. Its takes a lot of work putting these shows together. And people have been doing for years. Buying a new car and bolting some nice extra is not the same as taking a rusted shell and bringing back to life for all to enjoy.

George Poulos If you want to look at new Camaros ,you should go to any Chevrolet dealer.
4 minutes ago · Like

More......

Patrick Touhey
Go to our web page to download the form to pre-register for Auto Fest 2013.
http://clubs.hemmings.com/masscruisers/

Like · · Unfollow Post · Share · 7 hours ago
4 people like this.

Bob Cavanaugh Count me out.
6 hours ago via mobile · Like

Patrick Touhey Why is that......
5 hours ago · Like

Bob Cavanaugh Honestly Pat, at the Seekonk show not one of my clubs 15, 5th Gen Camaro owners that attented saw any mass cruiser judge judging our cars. We all believe we were ignored.
4 hours ago · Like · 1

Patrick Touhey Because its a classic car show. When the 5th gen becomes classic, they will be judged on preservation and/or restoration.
4 hours ago · Like · 1

Mark Furgal badda bing
4 hours ago · Like

Bob Cavanaugh I understand. But we pay the same entry fee. If we stand no chance of a trophy why are we paying to display our cars which your club benefits from by all the people that walk by to admire and ask questions? Your club gains by our attendence.
4 hours ago · Like

Patrick Touhey Ok, park your ride in the spectator lot and enjoy the band, food, fun and games for the kids. Check out the old rides that people have spent years and lots of $$$ restoring. That's why I like the hobby because you don't these cars every day on the street. Hey, I want to buy a new Hemi Charger and I think they are cool and fast. But I would never think of bringing to a classic car show. That's me.
4 hours ago · Like · 1

Mark Furgal So, you don't wanna go, because you won't go home with a prize??? I'd pay the fee just to know my car won't get jacked.
4 hours ago · Like · 1

Patrick Touhey Hey I have a 66 Plymouth that will never win any prizes, because I really have invested any serious $$$ in it. I drive it all the time and I have the scratches to prove it.. I love going to shows when I can to hang out and check out other peoples rides...See More
3 hours ago · Like · 2

George Poulos If you want to look at new Camaros ,you should go to any Chevrolet dealer.
3 hours ago · Like · 3

David Morgan Patrick if I didnt love ya I would be going nuts over thats posting right now. lol It is your Mass Cruisers show so do how you please but if he is paying the same fees to cover the show as everyone else, have a class for new stuff, or not have them in ...See More
2 hours ago · Unlike · 1

Mark Furgal ^^^ if you enter your new car in a classis car show and think you are going to be judged?? well.
about an hour ago · Like

David Morgan If it is a classic car show then why are they let in?
about an hour ago · Like

David Morgan I mean it says right there.."open to all vehicles manufactured before 1989, along with retro modern muscle/specialty vehicles."
about an hour ago · Like

Mark Furgal does it say all cars will be judged?
about an hour ago · Like

Patrick Touhey Because certain people would complain if we didn't. We list the classes available for judging on our form and most cars shows do. If your does not fit that class....oh well enjoy the day of looking at cars. what is the big deal. If you want a trophy for showing up, go play kids soccer. Good Lord.
about an hour ago · Like · 1

David Morgan Mark your right maybe it should say that? and Patrick if you do have it on your form, thats fine and people should then know. And yes I am not about any awards I could care less. But if the flyer has the invite for his type of ride..I would think hes only asking for the same consideration for showing up and paying, yes some people do go for the awards and "demand" them..I know you all know that type of person at shows..lol.
about an hour ago · Like

Bob Cavanaugh @ Mark does your flyer say "22nd Annual show" or does it say "22nd Annual CLASSIC CAR show?" In fact since it states "along with retro modern muscle", this in fact infers the that the 5th Gen Camaro which was modeled after the First Gen Camaro(making it "retro") will be included in the judging.
a few seconds ago · Like

Patrick Touhey Bob, to put you at ease.I called the car show director. This is the second year we have done the awards as the top 25 cars that the judges like, There no classes at Autofest, unlike the Seekonk show and in years past when we had our show in Medway. So, the awards will be spread around to all cars, depending on how the judges feel.And I am not a judge. Your car could get an award if they like it. Feel better???
about a minute ago · Like

Bob Cavanaugh Thank you Patrick. It wasn't really about winning, it was more about being excluded.
a few seconds ago via mobile · Like

Patrick Touhey Whatever
17 minutes ago · Like

Tim Charland Some of the comments coming from here are really showing true colors, what ever happend to just the pure love for cars new or old. a group of poeple representing a club posting comments above unfortunately dont just speak for the person posting, it represents the club as a whole and really shines a negative light on the Mass Cruisers itself. If your having a "classic car show" have the cut off dates on the flyer, but the shows that our certain group has gone to in the past didnt say anything about new cars. I go for the love of cars, love looking at all new and old cars, and the personal touches people do to them. I remember personally talking to one of the members at the Seekonk show, and he went out of his way to thank us for supporting the mass cruisers, i told him that we had guys from all over to come to their shows cause the quality of the cars that do attend are class A material. When it comes to trophies and being judged, ive been going to enought shows over the year to know its a pre 1975 based judging, and i told the guys that, but again went for the love of cars. The part that really sadens me is some of the comments above about not even wanting newer cars there and why bring them to a classic show. The fact that some are nice to our face and take our donations but then openly shit on us in a open public forum is just shamefull.
8 minutes ago · Unlike · 1

im Charland Ive been going to your shows since i had a license (17 years) mostly spectators, and yes ive always done the raffles, i have a few shirts. I didnt have the time to go and buy a shell or the money to restore an old car. I would love to attempt it one day but my schedual doesnt permit it. Secondly i would be one of those guys that would buy one all done up fully restored and just drive it. Hell ive even mentioned to a few guys at the shows about trading titles!!. The main fact here is one little line would clear everything up. If your going to have a show like the one we are posting in. Just add that "only pre 1980" will be judged, you will still have the guys with newer muscle show for the love of cars and donate but if they care about a peice of shinny plastic that they are not eligable.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID

Last edited by Maxspeed; 07-25-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
family man

Drives: .
Old car snobs. Bunch of stuck up pricks.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Good god. Here's a fact.

Anyone who wants a gen 1 Camaro can get one, anywhere. For less money than a new one.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Sure, nobody buys a 5th gen Camaro and spends any money on it!
Old 07-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 07-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Feel free to post in the facebook thread. I have spent over $26,000 on top of the cost of the car personalizing it. Guess that doesn't count?

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Awesome signature Paul

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 07-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I will add to the first post as comments are made

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 07-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
BTRSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Supercharged
I hope the Mass Cruisers board or directors see these threads. I love the Mass Cruisers cruise night up in Foxboro and never miss one when weather permits as I think they do a great job, but if our 5th gen's are not to be judged at a Mass Cruisers judged show (or any show), they absolutely should publicize it and state that on show flyer, show website or show announcement. Not stating that is miss leading a very large and growing base and in end creates much animosity. I appreciate the shows that are aimed for the "older" cars and enjoy attending them and would not think of entering my 2011 SS or my 1981 Z28 in a show that doesn't have a class for them but it's the shows responsibility to let the public know. If they don't, that's the show's fault and they should own up to the responsibility.
BTRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
BTRSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Supercharged
Boy this really sets me off. I could have bought 2 69 Camaros with the $45k I’ve put my 2011 SS. Wait, include the cost of the Camaro and I could have easily bought 4!!! Those guys have no appreciation. They might not like the current run of Camaro's, Mustangs, Challengers, etc. (just as there are a bunch of their cars that show no interest to me), but any car enthusiast will appreciate the effort and time that was invested. I need a scotch!! Single Malt PLEASE!!!!
BTRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

I agree. I would like to think that what I have done to make my car unique and different from a stock Camaro would be appreciated and not ignored because it is not old enough.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 07-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #12
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
There are different kinds of shows. I have had my car (my 99 SS) in a classic car show and was very disappointed because it got very little to no attention even though it was near perfect. I finally realized that I should just go to any show to enjoy the people and the cars and not ever worry about the trophies! Many vote for their own club members, others don't really know what they are looking at etc. I even know a judge of first gens and have witnessed disagreements among judges at a point show.

I love the Camaro family in particular. I have made friends all over the US and Canada as a result of the shows I have attended. I no longer care about getting a trophy. I am happy to support the charities that most of them contribute to and love to meet up with friends.

Having said that, anyone that has a show should have classes and if it's classic cars, then they should make it clear to the newer car owners so the expectations are set correctly.

Frankly, I see too much ego in many of these organizations and shows to get too involved myself. I just enjoy the people that I get to meet and hang out with. I think some of the best gatherings are when folks like those here, meet and have a mod day or something like that. Beats sitting in a chair all day and cleaning your car hoping to get a trophy.

This is of course, just my humble opinion from years of these shows and clubs. Pretty much the only reason I am going to the Bud show is the people from here that are going and some friends from the East Coast Camaro club. Same with the ECCC show in Hudson. If not for Ken Howe, Mike Sullivan and people here that attend, I wouldn't go. But now I digress....

Peace out.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1108..._comment_reply

27 minutes ago · Like

Where does it say Classic Car Show on this???
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
There are different kinds of shows. I have had my car (my 99 SS) in a classic car show and was very disappointed because it got very little to no attention even though it was near perfect. I finally realized that I should just go to any show to enjoy the people and the cars and not ever worry about the trophies! Many vote for their own club members, others don't really know what they are looking at etc. I even know a judge of first gens and have witnessed disagreements among judges at a point show.

I love the Camaro family in particular. I have made friends all over the US and Canada as a result of the shows I have attended. I no longer care about getting a trophy. I am happy to support the charities that most of them contribute to and love to meet up with friends.

Having said that, anyone that has a show should have classes and if it's classic cars, then they should make it clear to the newer car owners so the expectations are set correctly.

Frankly, I see too much ego in many of these organizations and shows to get too involved myself. I just enjoy the people that I get to meet and hang out with. I think some of the best gatherings are when folks like those here, meet and have a mod day or something like that. Beats sitting in a chair all day and cleaning your car hoping to get a trophy.

This is of course, just my humble opinion from years of these shows and clubs. Pretty much the only reason I am going to the Bud show is the people from here that are going and some friends from the East Coast Camaro club. Same with the ECCC show in Hudson. If not for Ken Howe, Mike Sullivan and people here that attend, I wouldn't go. But now I digress....

Peace out.

Spoken like a true camaroholic i'm with you Dan, go to enjoy the show and the people. The Bud show is just alot of fun location and setup wise it's one of the better organized ones. One of the reasons i like RICOA is how it's judged there's no real CLUB mentality in the way it's done just spectators and fellow chevy owners involved.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote