Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-30-2016, 02:29 PM   #1
IBM camaro 2

Drives: 2011 camaro RS, BMW e90
LLT e85 fuel flex possibility?

I am curretly full bolt on and e85 tuned by trifecta, the problem is I don't wanna be tuned by trifecta. I was considering willoverkill, but my question is is it possible to use the e85 LFX kit on my LLT so that I can add a fuel senor so I can switch between 93 and e85.

I just need a good tune for my LLT e85, What are some possible options? Any input would be appreciated.

I don't wannna use Trifecta or KPE.
Only one I can think of is WillOverkill

Last edited by IBM camaro 2; 12-30-2016 at 02:39 PM.
IBM camaro 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
With the research I have done, this topic is a little vague. As far as I am aware, the LLT is not flex compatible. You can run e85 with only having to change the fuel lines but the Bosch ECU can not handle the flex sensor like the LFX Delphi ECU can. So you would have to have a map that is tuned for pump gas and another map that is for e85.

That would mean that anytime you change between the fuels, you would have to have a tablet\laptop with you to load the correct map. I am about to be a full bolt on LLT and hope to see 300rwhp (currently at 280rwhp and adding a LFX Ported manifold\Ported TB\Overkill Tune) without e85. If I don't hit that number, I will call it day because I don't want to deal with the headaches of having two different tunes.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:26 PM   #3
IBM camaro 2

Thanks, I currently have 2 different maps. I have not modified my fuel lines or system whatsoever, I've been on e85 for about a year now. The increase in power is worth it, but I don't think trifecta is getting all the power that possibly could be made. The car is faster noticeably, but there's more potiental left on the table.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro 2 View Post
Thanks, I currently have 2 different maps. I have not modified my fuel lines or system whatsoever, I've been on e85 for about a year now. The increase in power is worth it, but I don't think trifecta is getting all the power that possibly could be made. The car is faster noticeably, but there's more potiental left on the table.
Then yes, Will at Overkill is going to be your next step. I just purchased his tune and am awaiting the initial tune from him to swap over from my current dyno tune.

You are the only person on this forum that I know of that is running e85 on the LLT.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:22 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Call Will, he knows all on the 3.6 LLT,LFX platform
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #6
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
i was un aware that an LLT could run E85, makes sense tho theres no where in HPT where it gives you the options for flex fuel sensor, im surprised the HPFP can handle it to..thats awesome.. will is definitely where its at when it comes to tuning hopefully he can jump in and make a recommendation

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:35 PM   #7
IBM camaro 2

The LLT is pretty amazing sometimes, I really am just trying to make a call out to Willoverkill for some help on this subject. The reason I made a thread was so he could enlighten us and keep this information public for anyone trying to make the most out of the LLT. I've been supercharged before but honestly I like being NA with e85, so I'm gonna try hard to hit over 300rwhp NA on the LLT. I have PMd him but I think the holidays have everyone occupied.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #8
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM camaro 2 View Post
The LLT is pretty amazing sometimes, I really am just trying to make a call out to Willoverkill for some help on this subject. The reason I made a thread was so he could enlighten us and keep this information public for anyone trying to make the most out of the LLT. I've been supercharged before but honestly I like being NA with e85, so I'm gonna try hard to hit over 300rwhp NA on the LLT. I have PMd him but I think the holidays have everyone occupied.
I am shooting for 300rwhp right now on a NA LLT and don't know if it will be possible without E85 (don't really have great access to E85 where I live, so I won't be running it).

I am working with Will right now to tune my LLT. It currently is still a work in progress as it is detecting knock higher up in the RPM band and is pulling timing and also seems like it might be just a tad lean but I have yet to upload his latest revision that adjusted the timing and fueling. It will take some time to dial it in, we haven't done but 4 revisions now. So once that is done and I have my LFX ported manifold installed, I will look into scheduling a dyno pull.

My last pull was 280rwhp so gaining 20rwhp on just pump gas might be a little out of reach, we will see though.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #9
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
I am shooting for 300rwhp right now on a NA LLT and don't know if it will be possible without E85 (don't really have great access to E85 where I live, so I won't be running it).

I am working with Will right now to tune my LLT. It currently is still a work in progress as it is detecting knock higher up in the RPM band and is pulling timing and also seems like it might be just a tad lean but I have yet to upload his latest revision that adjusted the timing and fueling. It will take some time to dial it in, we haven't done but 4 revisions now. So once that is done and I have my LFX ported manifold installed, I will look into scheduling a dyno pull.

My last pull was 280rwhp so gaining 20rwhp on just pump gas might be a little out of reach, we will see though.

keep pushing forward my man

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote