Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #141
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Virgin tire blow outs occur for certain. On trailers it is usually from dry rot.

Blowouts are usually pretty easy to spot when comparing to tread de-lamination. It would be interesting to see your picture of the passenger virgin tire loosing it "cap" and leaving no signs of the casing.

Are you certain your tires were virgin? Was there any chance at all, even slight, that you were sold retreads?

This is what a blowout typically leaves behind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler360 View Post
i have had 5 of 6 virgin tires on a tri-axel camper that blew in the same summer. the first one that blew we hadn't noticed for quite awhile. i don't know if the thread came off that one, but there were rubber marks 6 feet above the wheel well. we were going through a construction zone when it blew, and hadn't noticed until 10 miles down the road. tore the side of the trailer up pretty bad though. i cant remember where the second one blew. the third and 4th ones blew on i-94 in illinois on the same trip. luckily we thought ahead and brought 3 spares along lol. the 5th one i know for sure the thread completely separated in one piece. i might have a pic somewhere, but i would have to look. the tires where 5 years old when this happened. but if you own an Open Road camper, watch your tires. cuss im not the only one having these problems with Open Roads..

Last edited by formare; 07-30-2011 at 10:23 AM.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #142
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
How does one avoid this situation?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81638401/
Old 08-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #143
BigDan

Drives: bug
I love my re-tread winter/ ice tires that are embedded with silica crystals that act like sand paper on your tires that deliver the best stopping distance of any DOT approved ice tire. These tires will save more lives then banning then banning all retreads.

http://www.greendiamondtire.com/

BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote