Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-07-2021, 07:18 PM   #9703
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Why do you not like the red dot?

After you learn not to focus on the iron sights, red dot shooting will get much easier.

A thing I learned from Sig (I was at a Sig shooting school) is when you are shooting a red dot pistol is to focus on the target, not the dot. I was making one handed 25 yard shots right and left handed with both a 320 and a P365XL at will.

I ended up buying 2 P365XLs with Romeo Zero red dots afterwards.
Two is one.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:27 PM   #9704
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Or Washington D.C. LOL.......seriously carry a gun these days makes more sense than it ever has in my 40 years.
Conservative and legal gun owner here.
As a conservative I value facts over feelings.
Facts are that no 1st world country comes close to our 12 deaths per 100K population by firearm. Most are 0.xx%. My gf from the UK says hardly anyone thinks about getting shot there or a mass shooting. Why? Because it’s so hard to get a gun. Oh yeah, they have criminals too and they still have hardly any gun homicides.

Strange how all these countries who make it so difficult to own a firearm have so few shootings. Don’t let your feelings mask facts. Guns aren’t making anyone safer overall if you value facts. Your ego doesn’t count. If you value BS, carry on with your false narratives just like the liberals do about most other things. One thing they got right is guns and I’d gladly hand mine in tomorrow if they were outlawed. Australia learned. One day the USA will too and stop hiding behind an amendment that ensures our infamous status.

My neighbor never owned a gun. She went to a concert in Vegas but got shot in the head and came home in a casket bc someone got to legally purchase 32 guns. Makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by Staves; 01-07-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Staves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:33 PM   #9705
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Facts are that no 1st world country comes close to our 12 deaths per 100K population by firearm. Most are 0.xx%. My gf from the UK says hardly anyone thinks about getting shot there or a mass shooting. Why? Because it’s so hard to get a gun. Oh yeah, they have criminals too and they still have hardly any gun homicides.

Strange how all these countries who make it so difficult to own a firearm have so few shootings. Don’t let your feelings mask facts. Guns aren’t making anyone safer overall if you value facts. Your ego doesn’t count. If you value BS, carry on with your false narratives just like the liberals do about most other things. One thing they got right is guns.
Liberal and legal gun owner here. I totally agree with you.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:44 PM   #9706
Vega$69

Drives: 2017 Corvette ZO6 & 2021 Camaro LT1
This thread cracks me up. While interesting I would never post on a public forum what I do and where I keep my firearms. Like Really?

Come on Guys. Think about it. Geez
Vega$69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:54 AM   #9707
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post

Strange how all these countries who make it so difficult to own a firearm have so few shootings. Don’t let your feelings mask facts. Guns aren’t making anyone safer overall if you value facts. Your ego doesn’t count. If you value BS, carry on with your false narratives just like the liberals do about most other things. One thing they got right is guns and I’d gladly hand mine in tomorrow if they were outlawed. Australia learned. One day the USA will too and stop hiding behind an amendment that ensures our infamous status.

My neighbor never owned a gun. She went to a concert in Vegas but got shot in the head and came home in a casket bc someone got to legally purchase 32 guns. Makes a lot of sense.
Fact, no other country has a 2A. Fact, suicide is the #1 cause of deaths by firearms in the USA. Another thing you need to look at is violent crime rates. 466 violent crimes per 100,000 people in USA. Estimated that between 500,000 up to 3 million people are SAVED with firearms. Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 every day. Women defended themselves up to 200,000 times from sexual abuse by using a firearm. So with that (plus many other facts) known, firearms DO in fact make people safer overall.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:39 AM   #9708
puppykat33

Drives: Black 2019 ZL1 M6,
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
Fact, no other country has a 2A. Fact, suicide is the #1 cause of deaths by firearms in the USA. Another thing you need to look at is violent crime rates. 466 violent crimes per 100,000 people in USA. Estimated that between 500,000 up to 3 million people are SAVED with firearms. Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, or 6,849 every day. Women defended themselves up to 200,000 times from sexual abuse by using a firearm. So with that (plus many other facts) known, firearms DO in fact make people safer overall.
FACT: Motor vehicle accidents are the leading section of the accident category, with three-quarters of teenage accident deaths being motor vehicle-related. In fact, even if motor vehicle accidents were their separate category altogether, they would still rank as the number one cause of teen death. This is the true answer to the question: What is the number one killer of teenagers? and this is just teen deaths, if we put everyone as a whole in the data pool. then you have DUI the death rate just for motor vehicle accidents per yerar sky rockets

But i NEVER see anyone making an argument to take peoples cars away or give up their cars. but it is always easier to blame guns and not the people holding the gun.
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
puppykat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:44 AM   #9709
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Liberal and legal gun owner here. I totally agree with you.
Same.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:48 AM   #9710
puppykat33

There were 33,654 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the United States in 2018 in which 36,560 deaths occurred. This resulted in 11.2 deaths per 100,000 people and 1.13 deaths per 100 million miles traveled.

In 2018, 24,432 people in the U.S. died by firearm suicide. Firearms are the means in approximately half of suicides nationwide. In 2018, 13,958 people in the U.S. died from firearm homicide, accounting for 35.1% of total deaths from firearms. Firearms were the means for about 74% of homicides in 2018.

36,560 dead in vehicle crashes V/S 13,985 from firearm homicides.... You ready to give up your cars there guys??
2019 Black ZL1, M6, CF Hood and Dash, Nav System, ZL1 Addons rock guards and lift points, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, DD Smoked Marker Lights, Ceramic window tint, Gtechniq 9yr ceramic coating. JL Audio stealth box 12W6, Dyanamat trunk, Dead pedal cover, Soler TB/TC, Green Filter, Carbon-fiber Borla S-Type
Old 01-08-2021, 07:57 AM   #9711
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I know the first half of your paragraph to be true, I don’t know about the second part of your paragraph though. I’m not saying it’s wrong I just don’t know. Regardless of the reasons however, the number of gun related deaths in our country thwart many times over those of any other developed country in the world. No other developed nation sees the frequent mass shootings, or emergency drills in schools like my kid had to practice.
At one point experts offered to at least research this issue, but NRA and Policy makers stopped that initiative. You would think that a bare minimum we would want a better understanding of this massive problem plagueing our nation.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #9712
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
FACT: Motor vehicle accidents are the leading section of the accident category, with three-quarters of teenage accident deaths being motor vehicle-related. In fact, even if motor vehicle accidents were their separate category altogether, they would still rank as the number one cause of teen death. This is the true answer to the question: What is the number one killer of teenagers? and this is just teen deaths, if we put everyone as a whole in the data pool. then you have DUI the death rate just for motor vehicle accidents per yerar sky rockets

But i NEVER see anyone making an argument to take peoples cars away or give up their cars. but it is always easier to blame guns and not the people holding the gun.
EXACTLY!!!
Old 01-08-2021, 09:02 AM   #9713
puppykat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
There were 33,654 fatal motor vehicle crashes in the United States in 2018 in which 36,560 deaths occurred. This resulted in 11.2 deaths per 100,000 people and 1.13 deaths per 100 million miles traveled.

In 2018, 24,432 people in the U.S. died by firearm suicide. Firearms are the means in approximately half of suicides nationwide. In 2018, 13,958 people in the U.S. died from firearm homicide, accounting for 35.1% of total deaths from firearms. Firearms were the means for about 74% of homicides in 2018.

36,560 dead in vehicle crashes V/S 13,985 from firearm homicides.... You ready to give up your cars there guys??
And of those 13,000 deaths 5,000 of them were from the 3 states with the most gun restrictive legislation on the books ,California=3,000 NY=800 and Illinois= 1300 so that leaves 8,000 deaths for the rest of the county in one year.Now these are total firearm deaths so some are suicide and self defense homicides ect... This can be further broken down but you should get the picture it not the massive epidemic CNN would have you believe.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:06 AM   #9714
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
I know the first half of your paragraph to be true, I don’t know about the second part of your paragraph though. I’m not saying it’s wrong I just don’t know. Regardless of the reasons however, the number of gun related deaths in our country thwart many times over those of any other developed country in the world. No other developed nation sees the frequent mass shootings, or emergency drills in schools like my kid had to practice.
At one point experts offered to at least research this issue, but NRA and Policy makers stopped that initiative. You would think that a bare minimum we would want a better understanding of this massive problem plagueing our nation.
WOW. Its true guy. Do yourself a favor and look up stuff. Almost called me a liar here. Mass shootings is a horrible excuse to limit my rights. I follow laws, criminals don't. You can make as many laws as you want and criminals will continue not to follow them. I would NOT say its plaguing our nation either. What I would say is that single parenting is part of the problem. Specifically, father figures. But I have to stop feeding the trolls, so if you want to debate then go to a local range where they can educate you on the finer points of 2A facts. This post was about how to carry in a Camaro and I messed up by feeding trolls.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #9715
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
I'm a retired deputy sheriff and I carry on my person every day. I use a fanny pack most of the time when dressed casually. If more formal, I have a nice leather purse with a hidden holster. I wouldn't think of leaving my gun in the car unless I had to stop at the VA or some other federal facility that doesn't allow local LEOs to carry.

Long story short - once while on duty, I took a break from my shift to stop by the VA and pick up a prescription. I'm in uniform and open carrying, and drove up in a marked unit. The VA police officer blocked the door bodily and told me that I couldn't enter with my weapon. I bit my tongue, but I wanted to ask him, Who ya gonna call if the poop hits the fan and you need emergency help? Anyway, I dropped the issue.

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:13 AM   #9716
puppykat33

Quote:
WOW. Its true guy. Do yourself a favor and look up stuff. Almost called me a liar here. Mass shootings is a horrible excuse to limit my rights. I follow laws, criminals don't. You can make as many laws as you want and criminals will continue not to follow them. I would NOT say its plaguing our nation either. What I would say is that single parenting is part of the problem. Specifically, father figures. But I have to stop feeding the trolls, so if you want to debate then go to a local range where they can educate you on the finer points of 2A facts. This post was about how to carry in a Camaro and I messed up by feeding trolls.
Yea we got side tracked didn't we.. It just bothers me that people would allow any infringement on any one of the bill of rights. You start legislating what people can say or forgo trial by jury and see how fast the same people who would be OK with changing the 2nd amendment will loose their minds over the 1st 4th, 5th 6th so on and so forth

Tags
camaro gun