Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

Old 09-25-2023, 05:04 PM   #1
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Gone

Back in 2010 after taking possession of my new Camaro RS, I could tell Chevy had missed the mark on the handling most owners would expect with way too much emphasis on comfort and too little on control. After replacing the rear sway bar with Pfadt's Balance Bar, I became a true believer. Long story short... I began upgrading everything. At that time Pfadt (pronounced fought, like "I fought in the war"), was a small company in SLC, UT run by some Camaro fanatics and they turned out really good stuff specific for the 5th gen Cam. Luckily the V6 with a manual trans shared pretty much all the suspension parts of the SS including rear axles etc. Getting the rear subframe tightened down was top priority (the butt end of that car would shift and try to steer the car!), followed by anything else in the rear suspension. To make it easier they offered a specific tool to help your average Joe DIY guy to pull the bushings out of the rear tie rod and rear trailing arm. Works like a charm! This is not a commercial tool however, just tuff enuff for a DIYer to do a few more cars IMHO. Pfadt engineering got bought out by aFe several years back and are now concentrating on Corvette mods.
Anyway, I don't think these are still available anywhere and if there is still some DIYer's out there that want to upgrade their bushings here you go. Pfadt felt that the OE arms are sufficient and their bending in a crash would prevent damage to more expensive parts. Some wear but still fully functional. Free plus whatever it costs to ship to you.
Attached Images

Last edited by Ventmaster; 11-12-2023 at 12:28 PM. Reason: moving to free stuff forum
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 02:12 AM   #2
patroklai
Enthusiast

Drives: Camaro SS | e92 M3
Surprised no one has jumped on this. I'd go for it but I have a hydraulic press and several cases of press tools. Free bump!
patroklai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 03:13 PM   #3
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Id be interested
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 07:10 PM   #4
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I will build my own and give it away too, when done.