Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 01-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #6371
Earl
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
MAC Autosport.....

MAC Autosport, Ltd.
18436 Longs Way, Suite 103
Parker, CO 80134

Phone: 303-841-1176
Have you or someone you know personally had work done here? Or is this hearsay? I'm looking to get a cam installed (and of course a new tune) and this place is close to me.
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #6372
Mike@RMCR

Drives: Supercharged
Wanted to list that I am trying to sell my 900 RWHP Trans Am on LS1Tech

Here is the link: http://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-cl...-891-rwhp.html

I have over 3 times this in the car. 25,000 for almost an 1100 HP at the fly wheel is a killer deal.

Thanks
Mike@RMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #6373
Ace1USMC

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Howdy...Just dropping in from Roxborough (Littleton) Colorado! I pick up my Camaro next Friday (at least that's when the dealer says it will be here). I can't wait, and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to meet some of you guys.

So...what should the first mod be???
Ace1USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #6374
KRamdathZL1

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #353
I'm from Parker!!
Old 01-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #6375
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
ACE1USMC Welcome to the Board.. Getting new Camaro Congrads !!!

Cold Air, Exhaust and Tune is the 1st Step. ;-)

Clint
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #6376
Ace1USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint@A.I.R. View Post
ACE1USMC Welcome to the Board.. Getting new Camaro Congrads !!!

Cold Air, Exhaust and Tune is the 1st Step. ;-)

Clint
Clint,

Sounds good to me - I was thinking the same thing...

I'm thinking about going ahead and pulling the trigger on EFI Live since I also own a 2007 Duramax Chevy. Does anyone know anyone out here that might be willing to teach me how to tune via EFI Live?

Sam
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #6377
Mike@RMCR

Drives: Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1USMC View Post
Clint,

Sounds good to me - I was thinking the same thing...

I'm thinking about going ahead and pulling the trigger on EFI Live since I also own a 2007 Duramax Chevy. Does anyone know anyone out here that might be willing to teach me how to tune via EFI Live?

Sam
Welcome to the forum

We use EFI Live exclusively on all of our GM cars. We can tune it using your V2 Flashscan and show you some of the ins and outs of the software and give you the files when we are done.

Mike
Mike@RMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #6378
wontsellit

Drives: IOM
Quote:
Howdy...Just dropping in from Roxborough (Littleton) Colorado! I pick up my Camaro next Friday (at least that's when the dealer says it will be here). I can't wait, and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting to meet some of you guys.

So...what should the first mod be???
If you ask Kirk he'd say lights are the first upgrade needed!
wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #6379
Ace1USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontsellit View Post
Lights?? Is there something wrong with the lights on the new Camaros? I got the RS package, too. Doesn't that come with the HID lights with the halo's?

Sam
Old 01-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #6380
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontsellit View Post

You can never have enough LED on, under, in inside your car!

Welcome to the board!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #6381
Ace1USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post

You can never have enough LED on, under, in inside your car!

Welcome to the board!
Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about! Ok, you guys will hafta teach me about what I should get to make my car cool!

I just did a search, ok, I saw this LED scanner thing for the front that reminded me of KITT from Knight Rider! I almost hate to admit it, but I thought that would be really cool/fun to have on the front...am I a total geek for thinking that??

I'm an old-school guy (I have a pro-street, tubbed 69 Chevelle with a supercharged 592" BBC) so this new modern stuff is a whole new ball game!

Sam
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #6382
Hulk

Drives: 2011 Synenergy Green 2SS/RS
Quote:
Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about! Ok, you guys will hafta teach me about what I should get to make my car cool!

I just did a search, ok, I saw this LED scanner thing for the front that reminded me of KITT from Knight Rider! I almost hate to admit it, but I thought that would be really cool/fun to have on the front...am I a total geek for thinking that??

I'm an old-school guy (I have a pro-street, tubbed 69 Chevelle with a supercharged 592" BBC) so this new modern stuff is a whole new ball game!

Sam
Geek or not, it boils down to it it your car an if you like it do it. Personalizing your car is what we all have in common. We all have the same intrest with slightly different taste. I say mod on and keep us posted. Congratulations on the new car.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:08 PM   #6383
wontsellit

Drives: IOM
Quote:

Sam
First thing I should tell you is that Kirk and I love to give each other grief.Especially when it comes to....well...anything really.

Like Hulk said though it's your car and whatever floats your boat is what matters most.
You can get a lot of good ideas and help from the people here.You should Like the Facebook page Camaro club of the Rockies because there are times when this board is dead.The FB page gets looked at a lot more.
Oh and I come in many names here.The Moderators and myself don't always agree and they punish me often...I call it C5 S&M
wontsellit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #6384
Ace1USMC

Thanks for all the words of support, guys!

So I just picked up my Camaro tonight!!! It's a 2011 (used) Camaro 2SS, loaded with everything, 6spd Manual/LS3. It's only got 8,014 miles, and it still smells like a new car, and it looks and drives just like I anticipated - except for one big surprise...

I got on a lonely stretch of straight road, turn the traction and stability modes off, and wound up the motor and dumped the clutch...and the motor feels like it's slipping the clutch!! I can smell the burnt friction material, too. Should I be able to just FRY the tires?? I think the clutch is burnt, and needs a new clutch!! What do you guys think? I also did a full-throttle power shift to 2nd, and same thing, it feels like the clutch is slipping! This isn't normal, right? I should be able to just smoke the tires at will with the traction control off, right? Should I head right back to the dealership?

Sam

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro