Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-06-2011, 05:16 AM   #57
fastlane2010

Drives: 2010 camaro with fast lane stage 2
i have the first design on hurst and its great so much shorter throw and easy to put in every gear
fastlane2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 AM   #58
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
Yea i agree. Is yours rough to put into gear like reverse
I hear the MGW will be stiff for a while, then will loosen up.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #59
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Ahh ok thanks!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #60
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
I hear the MGW will be stiff for a while, then will loosen up.
Yeah, mine seems a bit stiff, especially getting it all the way over to reverse, but I have already noticed it breaking in and getting better. Wouldn't trade it back for stock if a gun was held to my head!

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:40 AM   #61
Hellfighter

Yeah agreed, im kind of starting to dislike the ball though, my hand has slipped of numerous times, and i felt like a jackass cause i was at a busy light going in first gear at 3.5k RPMS after my hand slipped, was stalling traffic... its annoying i miss the stock handle.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:03 AM   #62
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Have you considered the MGW "Race Knob"? I have that one and it is PERFECT in your hand. The MGW "Gripper" knob would have been my second choice - That material would als be somewhat quieter when your hand is on the knob.

Love the MGW!

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:35 AM   #63
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
I wish all the short throw shifters would focus on keeping the stock shifter knob. Those smooth balls offer no grip and I live in florida....everything sweats down here, even hands. They also styled the ball after the old camaros but those originals had a sick curve to the stick and fit the interior. The hurst knob just looks so out of place....has anyone gone and just had the stock Hurst ss short shifter installed on a v6 with the leather knob?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #64
MTI Racing Kevin

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post
I wish all the short throw shifters would focus on keeping the stock shifter knob. Those smooth balls offer no grip and I live in florida....everything sweats down here, even hands. They also styled the ball after the old camaros but those originals had a sick curve to the stick and fit the interior. The hurst knob just looks so out of place....has anyone gone and just had the stock Hurst ss short shifter installed on a v6 with the leather knob?
The MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter for the V8 and V6 5th Gen Camaro will accept either a threaded knob or the stock knob for a factory look. Notice the picture below shows the notch that will accept the factory knob. With our shifter you can go retro with the cue ball knobs or factory with you stock knob.
Check this link for more info
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161806
MTI Racing Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #65
Hellfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTI Racing Kevin View Post
The MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter for the V8 and V6 5th Gen Camaro will accept either a threaded knob or the stock knob for a factory look. Notice the picture below shows the notch that will accept the factory knob. With our shifter you can go retro with the cue ball knobs or factory with you stock knob.
Check this link for more info

No offence but you compare the 2 Stock vs MTI = Looking the same just MTI shifter is chromed out with MTI logo on it, other than that same curve and same looking stick.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #66
Hellfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBobGuptaMarley View Post

yea im in texas, and my hand sweats here somewhat, and its really annoying cause i dont want to wear gloves.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #67
MTI Racing Kevin

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
No offence but you compare the 2 Stock vs MTI = Looking the same just MTI shifter is chromed out with MTI logo on it, other than that same curve and same looking stick.
Please check the link below for all the details. The only issue with the shifter housing from GM is the rubber bushings used at the attachment points to the transmission, the delrin bushing take care of that. The GM stick is the main problem.
MTI Racing Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #68
horsekack

Drives: Inferno orange 2011 SS, 6 speed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGW View Post
we have a bunch of knobs that will fit that shifter thread on our retro handle...

here are a few options...

Ok i wanna know how long it will be until you make a orange ball with the black racing stripes? i figured it would match my car a little better then the black with orange racing stripes. The mgw is the shifter that i am going to get but im holding out till i can get the ball that i want, or till i take my car off the stands and send it into the shop to get my cam and tune done. whichever comes first.
horsekack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:46 AM   #69
Hellfighter

I been using the MGW, just need to switch out the balls, mine came with a small bump of clear coat on it , kind of bothers me. But overall perfect shifter to me