Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
No biggie. A lot of us got our hopes up when that came out.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #16
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Nope, that is where I got my info. I had no idea the information in the ordering guide was wrong.
Lool that doc is out of date ... its still the aisin dude.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #17
piticu667

Quote:
Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water here. Granted, it seems the V6 manual has some serious issues. Probably why starting with the 2012's they are using a different tranny. Overall quality of all the Camaro's is very high, and the people not having any issues are never heard from and probably make up well over 90%. Just sayin.
IMHO everything you read below
Dude seriously??? NO way... Come to Europe and I will show you what a good quality car is .. First of all a good quality car get you from point a to point b and the camaro does not do that . It will grind and pop out of gear as far as I am concerned the camaro is only good for scrap metal.. and I should know I own a 2010.
For the past two weeks I have been in Europe driving a different car every day (rentals) not a single grind or bind. The freaking chairs did not brake.. The radio is fine... etc..
I dunno what GM did but they f*cked their flagship.. If GM cannot produce a decent manual than they shouldn't .. Its okay at least then ppl will choose a proper sports car like a BMW..
Old 06-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #18
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
Disclaimer all you are about to read is IMHO.

Why so that they can claim we mishandle the cars? Please note I am not the only one that was refused warranty more than one time (on different components). It took numerous hours on the phone with GM customer service to get GM to back up its warranty. Please note some documentation on replacing parts does not mean that GM has a clue how to fix it. If they do then a TSB should be released. Last time I have checked and I have not seen such a TSB..
Bouttom line IMHO there is no fix other than pouring gasoline on the Camaro letting it burn and sell the scrap metal to the Germans so that they can build a proper car.
Agreed 100%

Im sure me bringing in my car would help but Im not falling into the situation where they tear down the tranny and decide that I abused it and force me to pay. Too many people have this issue for it to be our fault so Im not risking it. Im better off not taking it in for that and praying that sometime down the line GM will own up to this problem.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #19
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
IMHO everything you read below
Dude seriously??? NO way... Come to Europe and I will show you what a good quality car is .. First of all a good quality car get you from point a to point b and the camaro does not do that . It will grind and pop out of gear as far as I am concerned the camaro is only good for scrap metal.. and I should know I own a 2010.
For the past two weeks I have been in Europe driving a different car every day (rentals) not a single grind or bind. The freaking chairs did not brake.. The radio is fine... etc..
I dunno what GM did but they f*cked their flagship.. If GM cannot produce a decent manual than they shouldn't .. Its okay at least then ppl will choose a proper sports car like a BMW..
How many V6 manuals do you think are having this issue compared to those that are not? You can take it to the bank that MOST are not. You seem to have a negative bias towards American cars. So I won't waste anymore of our time debating you. I'm sorry you are having these issues, but I can guarantee you if it were a widespread problem, GM would be all over this.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #20
piticu667

Quote:
How many V6 manuals do you think are having this issue compared to those that are not? You can take it to the bank that MOST are not. You seem to have a negative bias towards American cars. So I won't waste anymore of our time debating you. I'm sorry you are having these issues, but I can guarantee you if it were a widespread problem, GM would be all over this.
K so then why the frack can GM not fix our cars... Come'on how can we all have the same problem and GM be clueless about it??????????
IMHO all you read below..

I distinctly remember them saying the issues with the clutch were our fault too.. It turns out they forgot to torque the flywheel... Gimme a break with the company line.

Do you work for GM??????? or GM dealership?????/

If BMW had such an issue they would not di*k around and at least replace the faulty parts or reimburse the purchase. GM does everything to back out of warranty..
So yeah maybe your V8 is better but guess what its still questionable quality as I see too many ppl having power train issues and by that I mean major ones.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:41 PM   #21
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Dude every single V6 manual has this grinding problem, they are all built the same.

The only reason someone else wouldnt notice is because they cant shift fast enough or just dont shift fast enough.

Also sometimes if the tranny has been warm for a while it wont really do it for me. Im talking over an hour though.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #22
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
Whatever GM!!! I'm done with my camaro, This is not the only issue that I have I keep having issues with codes popping out that makes my car jerks and stalls everytime I back out and go have a wide turn. . .I'm returning my car this coming week and will file a defect claim.

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #23
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Dude every single V6 manual has this grinding problem,
Every single one has this problem? How do you know this? Sorry, but I'm not buying it. There IS no way you could know that. Every car does this and there is not even a TSB? I was born at night, but not last night. Give me a break.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #24
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
Dont go tooting BMW horn that loud..... I can show you a case on a loaded X5 that had an electrical gremlin from hell..... In the end through BMW engineers from Germany as well as what accrued to be several months in 1st years ownership in the shop vehicle still went un fixed..... and Your Faithful Fine German Customer Assistance ..... DID Nothing..even less if you count the insult trade in value they would give towards a new one .. and Dont even get me started on the allowable oil consumption on a Fine BMW motorcycle......
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 AM   #25
piticu667

Quote:
Originally Posted by epstein View Post
Dont go tooting BMW horn that loud..... I can show you a case on a loaded X5 that had an electrical gremlin from hell..... In the end through BMW engineers from Germany as well as what accrued to be several months in 1st years ownership in the shop vehicle still went un fixed..... and Your Faithful Fine German Customer Assistance ..... DID Nothing..even less if you count the insult trade in value they would give towards a new one .. and Dont even get me started on the allowable oil consumption on a Fine BMW motorcycle......
Dude bikes I don't know I am car guy for the past 10 years. I used to be into motorbikes but not any more.
The X5 is not made in Germany sorry but its not... When I say BMW i mean 1,3,5,6,7 series which are made in Bavaria. Some of the BMW 's will eat some oil at low rpm as the cars were designed to run above 4000 rpm all the time. Anyways I 'll take my changes with a German product before I even take a look at GM again,.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:48 AM   #26
piticu667

Quote:
Every single one has this problem? How do you know this? Sorry, but I'm not buying it. There IS no way you could know that. Every car does this and there is not even a TSB? I was born at night, but not last night. Give me a break.
Tell you what can you prove that this is not a problem. I am saying this because we actually have documentation!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:06 AM   #27
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:

Here you go here is Edmunds test on the v6 manual back in March 17 2009. Maybe this will show you that it is a probelm with the car right off the assembley line.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1080
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #28
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
I would say just about everyone does, because its a design flaw. But the problem only occurs at high rpm's near the redline. The majority of people will never push their car that hard so they won't have any problems. I just drive like a normal person and don't have any issues. But it does grind for me if I shift at 6500 rpm's.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote