Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #43
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Imagine that....very similar cars driven in most likely a very similar way over a long period of time get just about the exact same mileage......oh except for the few that get about 50% more!

Surprise, surprise, lol. Look what mine says.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 07-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #44
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Surprise, surprise, lol. Look what mine says.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Isn't it supposed to read 28? You better take that thing back in sir! And the mystery continues......
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #45
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
19.4 here. Probably best described as a mix of highway and city. I rarely stomp on it. Quite frankly the difference in MPG between the V8 and V6 isn't that much. Even if you add in the difference for premium gas. Of course if you drive more aggressively the analysis will change.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #46
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
19.4 here. Probably best described as a mix of highway and city. I rarely stomp on it. Quite frankly the difference in MPG between the V8 and V6 isn't that much. Even if you add in the difference for premium gas. Of course if you drive more aggressively the analysis will change.
My father and I always used to discuss the possible advantage of my having a Kia or something along those lines back in the early 1990's. At that time, my only two vehicles were the BBC 69' Camaro that I still own, and a 1986 SS Monte Carlo that we had put one of the ZZ3 GM crate engines in. We concluded that the abuse that I would put that little care through due to its lack of power would one, kill the mileage, and two, probably kill the car! I mean that with no disrespect to Kia and bought my daughter one that saved her life (another story), but wonder if the same might not apply to the 6 cyl Camaros. Would your foot be in it more because of the reduced power, thus negating the mileage benefit? The world may never know......
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #47
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Quite frankly the difference in MPG between the V8 and V6 isn't that much.
Sorry Tampa...but I gotta call
I live in the DFW traffic nightmare and it's not that hard to get 21-22mpg average even in some of the worst traffic in the country. The difference is staggering on the highway. And all without buying premium gas.
Attached Images

Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #48
EastWood-SS
Born To Run

Drives: 2013 BRM SS/RS LS3
start off in first and jump to thirdfor city driving, then third straight to six on the highway. go the speed limit always, no gas downhill. I get decent mileage when not having too much fun with the car.

Drag racing... 2nd then to 4th for full freight-train levels of pull

2013 Blue Ray Metallic 1SS/RS
Dual Mode Exhaust + Fuse Pull / CAI inc. CAI/ 1LE Strut Tower Brace/ ACS T4 Splitter/ SunRoof/ BA Audio/ Performance Shifter/ White Rally Stripes

EastWood-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #49
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I remember I used to drive my v8 Hemi and cringe every time I would have to sit in traffic.. it was like my gas was being guzzled and I didnt even get to enjoy doing it with my foot on the pedal =/.. maybe got 12-13mpg at best.

I drive 90% city, only on the highway about a couple times a month.. v6 was just much more practical for my usage.

The v8 was very fun though! but my v6 with a couple bolt ons is already faster than my old v8 Hemi(charger RT) and as fun..

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #50
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsuddre View Post
I dont regret upgrading to ss but having to fill up 3 times in 1 week is kind of a shocker after coming from 2LS and filling up once every 2 weeks.
If the difference is that dramatic, you have definitely changed your driving habits significantly. The LS gets the best MPGs of all the Camaros, but it isn't SIX-TIMES better than a SS.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #51
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I personally fill up once a week.... I average 17-18mpg and usually do ~230-250 miles before filling. Mostly stop and go, with a couple stretches of freeway in there as well
Old 07-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #52
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
The fun factor is worth every trip to the pump. Hell I dont even look at my mpgs. I drive it like its meant to be driven and could care less about fuel. Its better than my lifted diesel (free fuel for that) but I still opt to drive the ss and pay the fuel bill bc its so much fun. Cant race the diesel, cant hear that V8 rrumble, cant get pinned to the seat etc lol.

Op just enjoy it with the permagrin. I could never drive a boring "efficient" car no thanks.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #53
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsuddre View Post
Yes i knew what i was getting into when i got it but moving up from the 2ls i have to say gas mileage in the ss SUCKS big time literally lol. I don't know if it is in my head but i swear when i get on the pedal i see the gas indicator decrease little by little.

I dont regret upgrading to ss but having to fill up 3 times in 1 week is kind of a shocker after coming from 2LS and filling up once every 2 weeks.

If you bought your SS and thought you would get similar gas mileage your in the a rude awakening not too mention running premium.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #54
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
You could really get a variety of MPG numbers depending on how heavy your foot it. Ive seen a +/- diff of 8mpg depending on how hard I drive.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 PM   #55
alv927

Drives: 2013 camaro 2ss/rs dusk edition
I think for those who are bothered by the mpg's for HP then trading down would be your best option. For me I'll give up some mpg's for a bad ass ride any day of the week.
alv927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #56
Coy

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE BVM
How is it so hard to believe that you can get 28-29mpg driving straight highway? I got that driving from Missouri to California, but that was ONLY highway driving. Here in my small town with mixed driving I get ~20mpg. I don't drive too aggressively, but I also don't floor it every time I leave a light. I didn't buy the SS to get good gas mileage, but it has been better than I expected.
Coy is offline   Reply With Quote