Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #43
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
funny and interesting read. http://www.thelostogle.com/2013/06/1...treet-outlaws/
Old 12-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #44
1sikss

Drives: 2011 camaro ss
Big Chief

This guy is the central character / protagonist. He’s not on The List, but knows all the racers, organizes the call outs, and acts as the de facto narrator. He also plays the role of Natalie Wood and is the starter of the races. His selection as the protagonist/starter is curious, because:

1. He’s very boring. As the central character, you would think he’d be more polished and interesting. His voiceovers sound rehearsed and he’s about as comfortable on camera as an Oklahoman reporter.

i knew his voice sounded rehearsed lol
1sikss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #45
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
How do you edit jumping a light? Just curious cause that looked pretty damn real to me. They definitely did make you guys look like huge douchebags for sure. If I were you guys I would definitely not participate in future episodes. Bad for business cause no on likes a douche lol.
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #46
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
^^^^ I agree that it did paint LMR in a bad light. I have seen plenty of YouTube vidoes with their cars running and always thought they did good work. A reality show is almost always going to make you look worse not better. You know what they say though, bad press is better than no press!
OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #47
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikss View Post
Big Chief

This guy is the central character / protagonist. He’s not on The List, but knows all the racers, organizes the call outs, and acts as the de facto narrator. He also plays the role of Natalie Wood and is the starter of the races. His selection as the protagonist/starter is curious, because:

1. He’s very boring. As the central character, you would think he’d be more polished and interesting. His voiceovers sound rehearsed and he’s about as comfortable on camera as an Oklahoman reporter.

i knew his voice sounded rehearsed lol

I think Big Chief got his role by his episodes in "Pinks".
Only Bc he was one if the 1st guys to come on the show and sarcastically shit talk the opponent. I was part of the pit crew of my best friends truck that was on Pinks. It was a different episode that Chiefs but we knew who he was.
I think the driver of Farm truck will be a big star Bc right now that type of character is right in line with what is hot in reality TV right now. A little "Duck Dynasty, a little Gator and Swamp Boys, and Are you faster than a Redneck rolled into 1!!" It's the same reason millions of people watch Maury Povich or Hardcore Pawn! They like watching dumbasses on TV act a fool. Lol
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #48
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
I don't get the asian dudes role, he doesn't wrench or drive. Not sure if he's farmtrucks mail order bride. Even my wife thinks that couple is sketchy. I think the show is entertaining in a silly way as most reality tv shows are.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #49
1LESSPROBLEM

Drives: blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
Ok so I'm watching. And from Texas. And I love lsx. And any show that tunes them. But LMR racers are making Tx look like pricks on there. Thoughts?
they are a bunch of whiney pricks. Cant even drive their own cars? GTFO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeSS View Post
X2 I know some people personally that will drag them all over the road
in a REAL street race

how can u line up constriction lights in a street race?

But I do like to see drama on the show lol

but in reality; texas has faster vehicles no doubt

not taking away from murdered nova, its a nice looking car
Just because some RCSB ran fast on a prepped track dont mean it will clock the same time on an unprepped street. Id like to see Llavero, Spike, Rigo, or chodekill run their shit against these guys. Ill give the OK guys one thing, they can drive like no other on the street with some HIGH HP vehicles. Oh yea, they only roll race on the street because they KNOW they cant hook from a dig.
Cam
Weld
1LESSPROBLEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #50
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
I think he just adds to the oddness of their whole combo. A redneck driving an Ugly Farm Truck that will run, combined with an Asian that just makes comments in left field and a dog in between them both? Perfect recipe for STUPID! But clearly people like watching Stupid!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #51
1sikss

http://youtu.be/YGUGWjZwgNU?t=6m8s

that will show you how staged it is lmao and u can watch it all it talks about how they are fake
Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #52
1sikss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
I think Big Chief got his role by his episodes in "Pinks".
Only Bc he was one if the 1st guys to come on the show and sarcastically shit talk the opponent. I was part of the pit crew of my best friends truck that was on Pinks. It was a different episode that Chiefs but we knew who he was.
I think the driver of Farm truck will be a big star Bc right now that type of character is right in line with what is hot in reality TV right now. A little "Duck Dynasty, a little Gator and Swamp Boys, and Are you faster than a Redneck rolled into 1!!" It's the same reason millions of people watch Maury Povich or Hardcore Pawn! They like watching dumbasses on TV act a fool. Lol
awesome how was pinks did y'all win?

harcore pawn is so staged but its still really funny lol there are some crazy ppl that act like the customers on there do
Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #53
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I too want to know how they edited the light jump. Sure they can probably go in and airbrush the light until after he leaves but there was one angle shown were you can see his thumb move to switch the light on. Im watching reruns now and I really looked and Im not so sure it was edited to show he jumped.
I like the show simply because of whats involved in it. I have gas in my veins, cant help it. Some don't like the F&F movies but you just have to take what you can get for racing movies/shows lol.
I like AZN, hes funny enough to leave as is. I catch them kissing in the background of a scene Im gonna have to cut it off though.....
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #54
Bo White

BTW, I would mind getting some of my locals together and head up there. Since Bama is playing OK in a bowl game, we are gonna show them how to play football we might just show a couple of them how to race lol.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Old 12-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #55
Devilfish
US Navy Chief

Drives: Camaro Sold
The show is obviously staged due to liability reasons and safety. But don't mistake the people for fakes. They are getting paid to do a show. Look up cash days and a bunch of the other Midwest street events on youtube and you will see these same cars actually doing what they do on the street.
Devilfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #56
Bo White

I know so since on a few scenes you see police lights in the distance behind Chief.