Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Two weeks at the dealer and not fixed yet

Dropped the car off two weeks ago due to the gap on the top to trunk similar to 1981 Z28s leak.
In their defense they did call last week and asked if I wanted to pick it up for the weekend since they were waiting on parts, but I leave for 4 days at a time for my job so I declined.
Stopped by today and the back seat is torn apart, with parts strewn everywhere and the car still not finished. Yep I'm going on another trip tomorrow, so it will be no earlier than Monday ("hopefully" the tech says) before I get my car back.
I was doing ok with the delay, but this is ridiculus. He has had to order parts multiple times, and they''ve told me more than once it will be tomorrow. Then today the tech implied I had opened the top wrong, or had something in the trunk when we were "Screwing around with it before delivery"
GM needs to get some word out on how to fix these problems, or send "experts" out to help one deep shops.
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Wow I agree before it puts a bad taste in peoples mouthes.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
Camaro2SSLS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3 6 speed IOM/IOM
That really sucks. I hope you get it back soon
Camaro2SSLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
[QUOTE=Justification;3180290]Then today the tech implied I had opened the top wrong, or had something in the trunk when we were "Screwing around with it before delivery"
QUOTE]

Nice...yes, somehow its all YOUR fault...WTF...
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
1981 Z28
TRIPLE BLACK 2SS/RS VERT

Drives: 1981 Z28 Blue with Blue Stripes
Sorry to hear that it is taking so long. It took mine 1 week for the parts to come in and 1 week for the install. Mine was done at a convertible top shop down the road and then returned to the dealership. I was following my car on my iPhone and asked them why they were putting miles on my car. So then they finally admitted to me that it was at a different shop. But at least everything is working great now and I even drove it on the interstate with the top up to see if there was any wind noise and there was NONE!!!!! Very happy with the results. I hope they get yours fixed and get your car back to you real soon. Good luck.

1981 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
FirstandFifthGen

Drives: 68 Camaro, 48 Chevy truck, 36 Chevy
Highlander, I believe these type issues are the exception, not the norm. I and quite a few other buddies have had our verts for over 2 months and not a single problem. Mine has been flawless.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #7
Bouncer

Drives: Black, LT2 / RS,Vert
Hope you get a issue-free vert Highlander. I've been lucky as well. Not one problem with mine. Just get in and cruise.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Hope you get a issue-free vert Highlander. I've been lucky as well. Not one problem with mine. Just get in and cruise.

I have a feeling any issues that Highlander may encounter will be taken care of ASAP.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Justification, I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've encountered. Have you spoken to our Customer Assistance team yet on the problems you're having? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #10
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Jeff,
This is the issue I pm'd you about a couple weeks ago before I took it in.
After business hours on Friday now and no call that it's done.
I'm at work all weekend so hopefully Monday morning I'll get to pick her back up. Not exactly sure the tech has a complete handle on the fix
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
m72070

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Black on Black on Black
I have the same problem, except the dealership my car is at does not know how to fix the top. They told me that it looks like something heavy was sitting on the roof. I almost went off on the dude. I have had many other issues with my vert though. The Brake cylinder was messed up and the AC broke. My car has been in the shop for 2/3 of the time I've owned it and that is almost 2 months now. Wish they would just swap me out a new vert!
m72070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981 Z28 View Post
I was following my car on my iPhone and asked them why they were putting miles on my car. So then they finally admitted to me that it was at a different shop.
AWESOME! Gotta love technology.

I hope OnStar adds a feature like "Find my iPhone" on the app. That way you can check where your car is at all times.

The only downside I see to this is if your car is stolen and you use the app to locate your stolen car...things could turn ugly.

Back on topic...that sucks man. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. The only time a shop had my car for 3 weeks is when it was at the body shop getting fixed after my accident and the G8 parts took forever to get here cause they were on backorder.

I was stuck with a POS Charger in those 3 weeks.