Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #421
STRAUSSY19

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
I have to say you know Ford is doing something right when talking about Camaro vs Mustang when the Chevy crowd starts using the sales number argument.
If Ford was doing something right they would have done the exterior and interior redesigns as well as the engines and transmission updates in the same year. Instead they decided to do the cosmetic work for 2010 and change the engines and transmissions for 2011. When has any car company done something like this? I feel bad for those 2010 Mustang owners who got slapped in the face by Ford. They thought they were getting a cool new Mustang when the following year the new stang blew the top off of theirs.
STRAUSSY19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:39 PM   #422
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Skyman I see the problem. This was the post I was commenting on. You just ended up between my post and it. And I should have quoted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious09 View Post
I've driven a 2010, my brother let me drive his v8 on our trip to the nba finals in orlando last year and I rented a 1lt to drive to a titans game this last season.

I was making a comparison of the 2010s. Pretty sure nobody in the general public has driven a 2011 yet. I'm new to the forum but I'm not stupid enough to say I've driven a car that hasn't hit the streets yet.

If you think I've driven a 2011 mustang I got a 2030 mustang you're really going to love. I know chevy didn't make major changes but I feel like they still have the better car just going off the 2010s.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #423
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
Bingo - GM is a business and will/should divert R&D spending to higher volume platforms. You can dumb it down to "if it aint broke done fix it" ...and think about it, the Camaro is getting all this ranting and raving by EVERYONE -so who the hell would try to revamp alot of things and risk screwing up the recipe

And for everyone whos whining about a ligher blue camaro, you should have spoken up with your dollars sooner (myself included) because they ditched that color as it was the lowest selling color offered...whether something as crazy as synergy green was the right choice of replacement is up for debate, but canning the lowest selling color by volume was again a business decision...hell it could have been yellow or VR if the demand wasnt there...
Lowest selling color, actually, was and still is Summit White...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #424
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by STRAUSSY19 View Post
If Ford was doing something right they would have done the exterior and interior redesigns as well as the engines and transmission updates in the same year. Instead they decided to do the cosmetic work for 2010 and change the engines and transmissions for 2011. When has any car company done something like this? I feel bad for those 2010 Mustang owners who got slapped in the face by Ford. They thought they were getting a cool new Mustang when the following year the new stang blew the top off of theirs.
I think they staggered the updates for cost reasons. Another thing that might piss 2010 GT owners off is that the increase in price from 09-10 was a built in part of the cost for the 5.0. So that when they released it the cost could stay down.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:41 PM   #425
MikeZ28

Drives: '04 GTO, '00 Z28, '95 Z28
I wasn't expecting big changes, but I'm still a little disappointed. Was hoping for stuff like a performance axle ratio, improvements to the L99.
MikeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #426
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
and again, the sad thing is we now have more hp than we thought...
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #427
thedonkeyslayer

Drives: XK 4x4 Ordered '11 2SS/RS SW LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
I believe SW passed ABM in January...

EDIT: March Production #'s

COLORS
Aqua Blue Metallic (3,610 units) - 4.50%
Imperial Blue Metallic (4,679 units) - 5.83%
Summit White (5,718 units) - 7.13%
thedonkeyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #428
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
You are ignoring Impala sales ... they have a huge influence on the Camaro colour availability.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #429
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
How about us guys that have the 2010 models.....can we buy the HUD as an aftermarket? =D
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #430
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by stand-al0ne View Post
and again, the sad thing is we now have more hp than we thought...
Sucks for everyone who put "304 HP" badges on their cars?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #431
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolCamaro View Post
Gotta keep ahead of the Mustang V6. More power = good thing. Cafe = bad thing

Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
True.

Maybe folks are just looking at the Mustang's dyno numbers. If Ford didn't underrate the 5.0 and it dynoed what it was suppose to for 412hp(around 350ish) then no one would have a problem with the power. The Camaro can't add anymore hp, then it will be stepping on the C6 Corvette's feet.

The V-6 upping the Mustang's V-6 is cool. If it could up it in mpg would be even more of a blow landed by GM! Ford is highly touting having a 305hp car that gets 31mpg hwy.

I agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonCamaro View Post
True its not as big of jump as a lot of use were looking forward to on the 2011 but this more then likely is just first round initial info.... I love my 2010 because the Ford 2010 Mustangs you have to go to the GT500 to beat us so (if your going off "stock" models) it makes our SS look better. And if we super or turbo our SS its just as mean at the GT500....or maybe we should just ask for the Z28 lol... I wish they would give us more options but i think the Corvette fanboys speak louder then most because they don't want a car that is as mean as that but almost half the price....don't get me wrong Corvettes are nice but that shouldn't deter them from giving the Camaro some nice weight reductions and more power from the factory... after-market prices right now suck :(

Side note......I know all about the 2011 Mustang my cousins and i are car guys and its going to be a nice motor to be honest.
Quote:
This is all pretty ridiculous about the horsepower on the V6. Camaro had 304 so Ford made the Mustang have 305 and all of the reporters were bragging about how the Mustang engine was so much more powerful and fuel efficient than the Camaro's. At least they'll shut up now with 312 horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emin7 View Post
...if you want to have a terribly ugly car, i think that the mustang is the right choice for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain1 View Post
It does. Both the SS and V6 Camaro are listed as having more hp than their Mustang counterparts. What's your point? I was just saying it's great that there is competition.
Quote:
Until the mustang got over 30 mpg the camaro's output of mpg was unbelievable. And I didn't say anything about power to weight but I agree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashstat View Post
If there are no changes to the V8 models, then it is official... "stock" Mustang will beat up a "stock", both V6 and V8. Even though the V6 & V8 have more hp's, the weight differential alone will be enough for the Mustang to beat them up.

For those saying what did you expect from a 2nd year model? Ford did the exact same thing. Redesigned the car last year, and changed the engines this year and just changed the engines this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
No changes to the SS? Sounds like the new Mustang is going to be faster afterall...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambitious09 View Post
So much for all that talk that the mustang was going to take back that top spot. Ford finally stopped being cheap and stepped their game up only to be outdone again. Guess there's always next year.
Quote:
True the Mustang is still faster. I was referring to the big deal that writers were making in articles about the Mustang having an extra 1 horsepower and 7 lb ft of torque over the Camaro. And for the record I have gotten over 30 mpg on trips on the highway in my 2010 Camaro.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Wow..this post speaks volumes to your mindset on cars.

There is alot different between the 2010 Mustang and 2011. They may look virtually the same but they are very different cars.
I clicked on this thread thinking this was about the 2011 Camaro press release but I think it directed me to one of the many Camaro vs. Mustang threads I've stumbled across here.

WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #432
westdu

Drives: 2008 C6
Quote:
Ouch!! Can you imagine the resale value hit that the 2009-2010 Mustang will take?

The Mustang is a good car in it's own right, but it still won't have the class leading GM V8 engines. I'll reserve my judgement for the new Ford 5.0, but my past experience with Ford V8 engines has been lackluster at best.
westdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #433
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You are ignoring Impala sales ... they have a huge influence on the Camaro colour availability.
Why would I look at Impala sales? Why do they influence Camaro's color availability?

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 04-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #434
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
I clicked on this thread thinking this was about the 2011 Camaro press release but I think it directed me to one of the many Camaro vs. Mustang threads I've stumbled across here.

LOL how long did that take you Stang_Killer?

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls