Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #85
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
That has to be the most power a fiat ever came with!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:14 PM   #86
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
I thought the SRT8 and tha SS were kinda neck & neck.. it would be a driver's race while the SS has a "Slight lead" everyone is basing the SRT8's performance from the auto mags.. who couldn't drive for shit

And last time I checked.. the chally has better gearing

And for tha last time !!!!

8-speed transmission!!!!! it will play a huge role in performance.. so we don't know what to expect

Last time I checked.. those 8 speeds is what really move those Bentley's, correct me if I'm wrong

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 09-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #87
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc8411 View Post
You guys act like a Challenger RT is a joke, Id bet most of you would get walked by a seasoned driver in a Challenger RT vs a 2010 SS stock for stock.

50 hp is more than enough to make up for 300lbs. Quit living in fantasy land.
Are you high? The RT is not only down 50hp but also has the 300 lb. disadvantage. How can driving make up for both of them. A 400 hp L99 driven by an idiot will pull away from an M6 RT with a professional driver.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:49 PM   #88
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Are you high? The RT is not only down 50hp but also has the 300 lb. disadvantage. How can driving make up for both of them. A 400 hp L99 driven by an idiot will pull away from an M6 RT with a professional driver.

Someone here ran 12's in a R/T.. not gonna say no names

and a few of you guys got smoke at the Camaro5 fest

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 09-19-2010, 11:58 PM   #89
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
...might be trading in my SRT to get the new 392, sounds interesting!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #90
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
cancel your motortrend subscription now.

the RT is underrated it pretty much has the same specs as the SS l99

do some research.

besides that, cant wait til they unveil the mysterious 7th engine.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #91
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
I thought the SRT8 and tha SS were kinda neck & neck.. it would be a driver's race while the SS has a "Slight lead" everyone is basing the SRT8's performance from the auto mags.. who couldn't drive for shit

8-speed transmission!!!!! it will play a huge role in performance.. so we don't know what to expect

Last time I checked.. those 8 speeds is what really move those Bentley's, correct me if I'm wrong
Which 8 speed Bentley are you talking about? To my knowledge, none of them have an 8 speed.

But regardless, I'd say it has more to do with the fact that some of those luxury land yachts have a power to weight ratio between 9 and 10 lbs per hp. And they're not only powerful but also ridiculously torquey.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #92
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:

As far As I know the bentleys are all 6 speed autos
Gearing isn't the only thing moving those cars around, a 6.0 twin turbo W12 will move just about anything at a decently quick pace
Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #93
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

I don't know where I read that then.. could have sworn that was the power train lol

Quote:
Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 AM   #94
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
Quote:
I don't know where I read that then.. could have sworn that was the power train lol
Lol
Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #95
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Might have been thinking of a Rolls Royce, I think they have at least one 8 speed.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #96
usmc8411
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro
I think bentleys use 6l90s.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:12 AM   #97
usmc8411
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:

A. believe what you have to about R/T times.

B. have you seen the fast times list here?

My buddy just bought a challenger R/T but I couldnt get him to take it to the track if Jesus came down and offered him $1,000,000. I dont understand some people.:(
Old 09-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #98
Gen5redSS

Drives: aqua metallic blue automatic RS SS
IMO the challenger will fall short.