Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #1149
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
No you need a Camaro aftermarket store in your Garage.....
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #1150
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
No you need a Camaro aftermarket store in your Garage.....

No doubt.

Aftermarket equipment is sooooo much better than stock. And generaly cheaper too.....
Old 03-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #1151
PQ
Booooosted.

I wonder if anyone else has had this problem......???
Old 03-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #1152
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Yeah what do they usually say, "If I knew then what I knew now" The good thing about it is that you noticed it before it was under load and can easily be fixed without tearing up a whole bunch of other things.

It seems like the suspension is a weak link on these cars, but then after that is fixed the nexy weak link will appear, oh goody.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #1153
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
OK I really don't race mine and I only have 463 to the wheels but I did notice one picture where it looked like the top had a crack in it and not just elongated. I did notify the shop who installed my suspension parts so that they could be on the look out for such things as well.

I wonder if you could add another piece to the stock piece in essence making it twice as thick if that would help strengthen this area.
Looks like the top is split by design for whatever reason.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #1154
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Looks like the top is split by design for whatever reason.

or you have cracked that one as well and it just hasnt pulled thru yet.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #1155
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
or you have cracked that one as well and it just hasnt pulled thru yet.
Damn. I hope not.

Thread time.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 AM   #1156
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

I don't see any benefit of having a "stress relief" there since it would be easier to change the end link than to cut and weld that piece if it broke loose but then again I ain't no engineer.

You wouldn't think there would be that much stress on that part but I guess there really is. It will be interesting to see if others with FI have a similar issue on their cars, especially if they have tracked it a few times since that puts extreme amounts of stress on it.

I was real interested in Emma's build to see all the suspension parts she is putting on her rear end sub frame bushings etc.... I would like to see if she is going to have an issue in this area.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #1157
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Pics from my phone this morning, show the wheels on wrong, and the sraping. The scraping goes all the way around perfectly. Tires are directional so they have to be dismounted and remounted. FOR ABOUT THE 7TH TIME IN A YEAR.

They spun that piece that holds the wheel secure on the machine right up against your finsh without the cone! Hell yeah you can prove they did that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
That scratch looks like the shop did something when they went to balance them.. maybe the idiot forgot the cone. I would make the shop replace it.
This! Sorry to back up a couple pages, but that just sucks.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #1158
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
I don't see any benefit of having a "stress relief" there since it would be easier to change the end link than to cut and weld that piece if it broke loose but then again I ain't no engineer.

You wouldn't think there would be that much stress on that part but I guess there really is. It will be interesting to see if others with FI have a similar issue on their cars, especially if they have tracked it a few times since that puts extreme amounts of stress on it.

I was real interested in Emma's build to see all the suspension parts she is putting on her rear end sub frame bushings etc.... I would like to see if she is going to have an issue in this area.

I put on the Pfadt adjustable end links when my sways and springs went on. I think the adjustable end links may allow for the more compressed stance of the car with lowering springs and not cause that same issue. (?)

I talked to IPS Brandon about it yesterday and he saw no evidence of my control arms having that problem. Brandon did say that sometimes the control arms can twist a bit so, I asked them to add the Pfadt "control arm stiffeners" to help with that. They're inexpensive to put on.

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 03-22-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #1159
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:

I just ordered the subframe inserts and some end links and Rear Trailing ArmToe Link bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
They spun that piece that holds the wheel secure on the machine right up against your finsh without the cone! Hell yeah you can prove they did that!
I told the manager that I'm not gonna worry about it but I wanted to let him know before someone less passive and patient and understanding than me comes in and rightfully reams their asses. LOL

Like DrJekyl ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I put on the Pfadt adjustable end links when my sways and springs went on. I think the adjustable end links may allow for the more compressed stance of the car with lowering springs and not cause that same issue. (?)

I talked to IPS Brandon about it yesterday and he saw no evidence of my control arms having that problem. Brandon did say that sometimes the control arms can twist a bit, so, I asked them to add the Pfadt "control arm stiffeners" to help with that. They're inexpensive to put on.
OMG............ it's a tragedy that your car will not be at the fest. Truly one that people would want to see.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #1160
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

The sad part is that you had to even say anything to them. I have noticed lately not in just this business but in alot that if you just take it at face value you will lose.

I went to the Dr. Yetsreday and when I was leaving they said I had a balance of 643.00. I was like what are you talking about I have only been here once, eveidentially some glitch in their system and 45 minutes later they finally let me leave without paying the 643.00 for an office consult and x-rays.

But it does go back to the bigger point that unfortunately that if you don't speak up today you will get walked all over. The inmates where I work have a saying " If you play Pu**y you will get F**ked" and I am starting to belive it more everyday.

Back to our regularly scheduled programing.

Randy I remember asking you awhile ago why your car sat up a little in the back more than mine, do you think it might be because you had the stock end links?

I will have to check out these mounting pads on mine this weekend to see if mine are tweaked any, looks like the next time I go to Vengeance they will be adding this stuff to mine if I see any problems.

My question is do you guy/gals think that this is related to added HP or Torgue. Randy's and my numbers are Similar but we get there totally different. Randy has more instant torque than me because of FI mine are more on the upper end from what I understand.

Thoughts?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #1161
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I think the problem has been determined to be PQ having loose nuts (on his end links).
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #1162
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
OMG............ it's a tragedy that your car will not be at the fest. Truly one that people would want to see.
Huh... Really...:(

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle