Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-14-2014, 07:08 AM   #15
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
I think it looks cool! As far as that price, I think that's way too high. If you can get them to come down I'd say get it ! Don't let the haters bother you, it's gonna be yours not theirs. If you like it, get it.
11TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #16
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I prefer the editions that give you an actual performance or mechanical improvement over just appearance.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:34 AM   #17
Meeper

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS RS
I bought one back in August and I love it. I've gotten so many compliments, it's like when I had one of the first camaro's back in '09.

You can always count on someone saying they love it, and there will always be one or two misguided folks who don't like it and feel the need to let you know that it's the worst car ever. Whatever...

If you like it, get it. There aren't that many so it'll definitely be noticed
Meeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #18
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
The Hot Wheels is awesome. That color blue looks terrific. If you can get it for $40k, that is a steal!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #19
Michaels2011

Drives: 2014 2lt/RS
If I wanted a Hot wheels edition and anyone said bad idea, I think they must want me in a ZL1. Should i ask them to pay for their idea of what I should have……
Get what you want and foot the bill for…..

K&N cai..... WCC underhood lighting.... 1LE strut tower brace.... Custom painted Fuse box/engine covers & strut tower brace.... Pfadt 1.25 lowering springs.....Ghosted side markers.....
Michaels2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #20
Shep

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels 2SS
I bought a HWSE 2SS auto coup in June. Paid $39,500 in Chicago.

Nobody has ever told me they don't like the car. It actually draws a lot of attention. Be prepared to have people stop you and ask to look at it.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #21
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
40k for my 2ss l99 cpe new... included a private offer as well as bonus GM Card earnings.

is the one you are looking at new or used?

this car gets more thumbs up and positive comments than any of my previous cars combined.

don't listen to the posters above hatin' on it! If you like it -go for it!
Wheels can be changed easily... badges can come off easily. personally, I'm not changing the outside too much.

Also remember, the upcharge of 7000 includes (beyond the expensive tires/wheels): the RS pkg, the ZL1 rockers/spoiler/grill, the 1LE splitter... specific black interior trim... fancy gm accy floor mats... red stitched leather... black GM Accy eng cover...the stripes...the flames

Last edited by Fish-man; 01-14-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:38 AM   #22
TopFuelTim

Drives: 2002
My wife's HWSE has only received positive comments

It took about four hours at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet to get our HWSE down to $42,500, and by then the hook was set way too deep for my wife, who had already bonded with the car . We bought this for her back in August, and absolutely LOVE the reactions we get with it. Yes, this is the car we wanted when we were kids, and my wife really likes the unique blue color. As for the wheels, I bought some SLP 20" rims and added the red stripe. Most people can't tell the difference from OEM. However, the main difference is a set of four tires now cost $880 drive out, vs $2600 drive out for the OEM 21" Hot Wheels rims.

Just my 0.02 worth,
Tim Glover
TopFuelTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #23
Hotwheels426

Drives: 2013 2ss hot wheels camaro vert
Went to dealer looking for a ZL1 back in july..wife seen the color on a hot wheels they had just got in and that was it..got to keep the wife happy..made her a deal..she got the color and i get a supercharger for it so we are both happy..have not run into anybody that has not liked it yet..i think they put a few too many emblems on it and i like the black ZL1 wheels better but the wife likes it just the way it is..
Old 01-14-2014, 12:49 PM   #24
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
To the OP, I would say buy whatever car makes you happy and forget about what everyone else says or thinks. It's your money and you're the one that has to look at it in the garage everyday and be happy with the decision you made. For the price I would say it's a decent deal, as there is one here at a local lot that is about the same price. Remember that even though these are a limited production car, it is 2014 and you are buying a 2013 model year car. New or not it is still already a year old and the price should reflect so. 2013 models also offer $1,000 cashback or 0% right now so that should also help in purchasing power. Download the Tor browser and use it to get a private offer for an additional $1,000 off and you're down to $39k from $40k just from that alone.
OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #25
RonnieSVT

Drives: 2001 Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruckenbrod View Post
Get what you want, you are the one driving it. I would never buy a hot wheels edition, just seems to take the man out of the car.
that's funny from a v6 owner because a v6 takes the man out of a Camaro! and at least he wants a SS!
RonnieSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:58 PM   #26
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
The HWSE is a fantastic concept that melds some ZL1 parts with the other models. Plus, it's in the best blue I've ever seen on a 5th gen. It's a Camaro so it has to be good!

As others mentioned, until the naysayers step up and finance their choice of cars for you, buy what you want and let them worry about whether someone thinks their own car choice has shortcomings. I ended up with a Transformers car and had more people interested in it than you could shake a stick at. Still do. Never had anyone come up and say the car sucked. Sure, it's not a performance package, but it's a bit unique and I don't like my cars blending in with the crowd. So most people that deride a "special edition" car have never experienced owning one so they wouldn't have a clue about the PR that comes with it. Had one guy come up to me at a local cruise-in one time and told me he tried to buy a 2012 yellow Camaro because of seeing my car and talking to me about it (his wife shot him down).

I love the Kinetic Blue color, and if I didn't end up with a ZL1 convertible, I would have seriously considered a hotwheels SS convertible. Kinda funny, I get a lot of attention wherever I go in the ZL1 as well. Especially after starting it up.

$40K is not unusual for the car you're considering. Consider whatever options the car has and you'd be getting those for free and the Hotwheels package for about 1/2 price MSRP. I consider it a decent deal myself. Convertibles were about $50K MSRP with the options I wanted. If you can talk them down to $34k, you're stealing it.

Whichever Camaro you end up with, buy it and have fun.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #27
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieSVT View Post
that's funny from a v6 owner because a v6 takes the man out of a Camaro! and at least he wants a SS!
No disrespect to v6 owners....but this is funny coming from a v6 owner.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #28
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
I prefer the editions that give you an actual performance or mechanical improvement over just appearance.
Ditto this. The HWSE is nice looking for sure (except for the wheels), but if I'm paying extra for something "special"... put it under the hood.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote