Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-06-2015, 03:01 PM   #239
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Drives: yellow camaro, black stripes
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1430942421430.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  152.2 KB these areas, below grill needs to be enforced to stay up, marker area is off and it's not completely flush to fender
Reggiocamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #240
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertCamaro View Post
First off, your car is awesome dude, my last Camaro was yellow and yours is bad-ass. But, the fit, whether it be the bumper or your body shop, doesn't look like it fits for sh*t. The spots by the side markers don't flow, and it looks like it's sagging in the lower grill section (still see pieces of the bracing). Again, no disrespect to you or your ride but that would drive me crazy.

Love that grill, wish they made those for the '14+
They do make it for the 14, djgrilles.comName:  uploadfromtaptalk1430942690692.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  104.5 KB
Old 05-07-2015, 12:49 AM   #241
MrTeacher

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Your car isn't lowered at all is it, it's at stock ride height, correct? How much clearance do you have in the front now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiocamaro View Post
Attachment 714295 these areas, below grill needs to be enforced to stay up, marker area is off and it's not completely flush to fender
MrTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #242
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTeacher View Post
Your car isn't lowered at all is it, it's at stock ride height, correct? How much clearance do you have in the front now?
The bumper is a lot lower, I haven't had any issues with scraping besides leaving my drive way which had a slight incline, I use to drive a lower eclipse so, just gotta take some driveways at a angle that's all.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:21 AM   #243
MrTeacher

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Good to hear, problem for me is, my car is already lowered 1.5" on Pedders sport coils... I'm worried I'll be prohibitively low with this fascia. What do you think?

Quote:
The bumper is a lot lower, I haven't had any issues with scraping besides leaving my drive way which had a slight incline, I use to drive a lower eclipse so, just gotta take some driveways at a angle that's all.
MrTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #244
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
Good to hear, problem for me is, my car is already lowered 1.5" on Pedders sport coils... I'm worried I'll be prohibitively low with this fascia. What do you think?
Yes it will be pretty low, and I think u will scrape a lot on the Littlest incline or pitch on the road
Old 05-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #245
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Quote:
Your front bumper will drop another 1" at dead center nose. With the 1.5" drop you will need to be very careful with inclines into driveways and such.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #246
Mikey D

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Shop got it all lined up after some body work, just waiting on the painter. Would've taken a pic at the shop but nothing to see, the bumper was facing down and he was installing the mesh grille.
Mikey D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #247
Blckscrpn

Drives: 2012 LT
Does anyone know what shipping company is used to ship the bumpers? Tony said my bumper was shipped the week of April 23. It's been two weeks and I still have not received my bumper nor a tracking number. I am on the East Coast so I know it will take a minute. Generally things I have shipped from the West Coast I've received within this timeframe.
Blckscrpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #248
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blckscrpn View Post
Does anyone know what shipping company is used to ship the bumpers? Tony said my bumper was shipped the week of April 23. It's been two weeks and I still have not received my bumper nor a tracking number. I am on the East Coast so I know it will take a minute. Generally things I have shipped from the West Coast I've received within this timeframe.
Just responded to your email from yesterday
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:59 PM   #249
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Attachment 714295 these areas, below grill needs to be enforced to stay up, marker area is off and it's not completely flush to fender
Also, the bumper paint color looks different from the rest of the car in all of the pics.

I went down the aggressor road twice - the 1 and 2. The first was a total mess, the second was better but still could never get it to fit right after months of adjustments and readjustments. Unfortunate because I always thought this was the best looking bumper out there.

As far as a drop goes, my car was almost 2 inches low on coilovers and as you might expect, speed bumps or inclines were basically impossible. When I switched back to an SS bumper, had no more issues.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 02:19 PM   #250
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
Also, the bumper paint color looks different from the rest of the car in all of the pics.

I went down the aggressor road twice - the 1 and 2. The first was a total mess, the second was better but still could never get it to fit right after months of adjustments and readjustments. Unfortunate because I always thought this was the best looking bumper out there.

As far as a drop goes, my car was almost 2 inches low on coilovers and as you might expect, speed bumps or inclines were basically impossible. When I switched back to an SS bumper, had no more issues.
What did you end up doing afterall with the bumper?

I've taken my bumper to 2 shops and they both warned me it wouldn't work.
So I ended up taking it to one of the most expensive shops in San Antonio.

They called me Friday letting me know that the bumper install is so far unsuccessful, that it keeps folding in the very center and basically said that after it's all said and done. My bumper in particular "will not come out the way it was intended to."

This is very disappointing :/
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #251
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post

The painters used then original paint and they said due to the plastic it's hard to get the same look but they trying to make it brighter, it's getting repainted next weekend
Old 05-10-2015, 03:15 PM   #252
Reggiocamaro
yellow_dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
What did you end up doing afterall with the bumper?

I've taken my bumper to 2 shops and they both warned me it wouldn't work.
So I ended up taking it to one of the most expensive shops in San Antonio.

They called me Friday letting me know that the bumper install is so far unsuccessful, that it keeps folding in the very center and basically said that after it's all said and done. My bumper in particular "will not come out the way it was intended to."

This is very disappointing :/
I don't see why they having a hard time, there little modification that's needed and without them it fits pretty good, I had issue in the marker area and the fender gap but that will be getting fix this weekend. Besides that I think it looks fineName:  uploadfromtaptalk1431288903497.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  197.3 KB