Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Lifetime Powertrain Waranty....from Chrysler?!!?

Quote:
BREAKING: Chrysler announces lifetime powertrain warranty!

Posted Jul 26th 2007 11:38AM by Sam Abuelsamid
Filed under: Marketing/Advertising, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep

var digg_url = 'http://digg.com/business_finance/Chrysler_announces_lifetime_powertrain_warranty_on _all_new_cars_and_trucks'; Chrysler today leapfrogged every other car maker by extending its powertrain warranty on every new car and truck it sells to the life of the vehicle. The warranty will apply to the entire powertrain including the engine, transmission/transaxle, drive shafts, and axles. The new warranty goes into effect today, July 26, 2007 and applies to all new 2007s that are on the dealer lots as well as 2008 models.

The warranty covers all parts and labor as long as the owner brings the car in to a Chrysler dealer at least once every five years for a free powertrain inspection. Apparently, the only fly in the ointment is that the new warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable. If the car is sold within the first three years, the warranty reverts to the previous 3 year/36,000 mile coverage for subsequent owners. The press release is after the jump.

[Source: Chrysler]

UPDATE: The new warranty's logo has been added above. What do you think - infinity symbol with wheels a clever logo or too confusing?

Chrysler Introduces New 'Best-in-Industry' Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
on Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge Vehicles

* The New Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty – the first from an OEM and the longest in the industry – is a statement of confidence in the reliability of Chrysler products
* Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system
* Provides worry-free ownership for new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge owners

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jul 26, 2007 - Chrysler today announced that the Company would extend its powertrain warranty from the 3-year/36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty to a new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. The new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty applies to most new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles purchased from dealer inventory and delivered on or after July 26, 2007.

The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system. The new powertrain warranty is limited to the first registered owner or retail lessee. Customers should contact dealers for details on vehicle selection.

"This new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is a statement of confidence to our customers to the reliability of their powertrain. It's peace-of-mind reassurance for as long as they own the vehicle," said Steven Landry, Executive Vice President – North America, Sales and Marketing, Service and Parts, Chrysler Group.

To continue warranty coverage, the owner must have a powertrain inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection must be made within 60 days of each 5-year anniversary of the warranty start date of the vehicle.

Landry added, "The new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty underscores our focus on quality and customer satisfaction. It demonstrates our commitment to customers and the confidence we have in our ability to produce quality, reliable and durable vehicles. That's why we put 'lifetime' on it."

Customers may visit Chrysler.com, Jeep.com and Dodge.com for more information. A warranty promotion – print, radio, television and Internet – begins Friday, July 27.
Unheard of!!! I'm thinking. and thinking, and I wonder if this is the future, how can any company compete unless it offeres the very same thing?

So....could this mean a GM lifetime waranty by the time Camaro rolls around?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
That would be nice. GM's 5yr/100,000 isn't bad either. Maybe if GM changed theirs to 5yr/100k bumper to bumper? But your right they're going to have to do something to compete with the imports. Still not gonna change anything for me, still going after my Camaro
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham

I was talking about competing with Chrysler:eek:, (they're domestic, BTW)...I've never heard of this kind of warranty! It really blows my mind...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #4
Jak

Yeah, I know. But I was just saying that if it weren't for hyunduh and the others I don't think the big 3 would be pushing up their warrantys to this extent. It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of warranty is around for the Camaro come 09.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
LIFETIME FOR GM AND OUR CAMARO!!!!!!! Bring it on GM. You MUST! hehe. Yup. That would be reaaallllly cool. I'd keep the car forever!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
LIFETIME FOR GM AND OUR CAMARO!!!!!!! Bring it on GM. You MUST! hehe. Yup. That would be reaaallllly cool. I'd keep the car forever!
I'm keeping it forever, regardless!

Hell, if I don't have any kids that want it, I'm gonna be buried in it.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I would love to hand down my SS to my boy...but, he's got another 14 years to go. So, don't think that's going to happen. Plus, all I see are tickets if he gets something with that much power.

But, yes. I'm planning on keeping it for a VERY long time too.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham

This is the car to do it with IMO. Not for money, but because it's part of a new era in Muscle Car history, where efficiency, and quality*, meet Power.

*: the Lifetime Waranty!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #9
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Me and my boyfriend saw a Dodge commercial tonight and it said on the commercial where they are offering the Lifetime Powertrain warranty! We were impressed, none the less, but since we've had so much trouble out of his 2005 Dodge dually, we thought it would have been more handy for us to have had this warranty in 2005 when he got the truck

Lifetime warranty for our Camaro!! Woo!!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Me and my boyfriend saw a Dodge commercial tonight and it said on the commercial where they are offering the Lifetime Powertrain warranty! We were impressed, none the less, but since we've had so much trouble out of his 2005 Dodge dually, we thought it would have been more handy for us to have had this warranty in 2005 when he got the truck

Lifetime warranty for our Camaro!! Woo!!
Time to trade that puppy in and reap the benefits of a new truck w/ lifetime powertrain warranty.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:27 AM   #11
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I know we have some Dodge people on the board, and I'm usually decently fair about other makers....but I LOL when I put "Dodge" and "reliability" in the same thought string.

Unless they have made monstrous improvements lately, I don't see how they're gonna stay in the green, especially when it domes to transmissions...IMO Dodge's weak link.

Ford has crap electronics, Chevy has weak interiors/rear ends, Dodge has crap trannies/poor quality mechanics.

Just how I view the big-3. It's completely biased, and barely based on fact. /disclaimer.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:41 AM   #12
Mr. Wyndham

I read your disclaimer, but I have to say...I've got a 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan. And if it wasn't for the rust all over, it'd ride and look like a brand new Van...
Old 07-29-2007, 08:20 AM   #13
Jak

With all the Dakotas I've had, I've never had a problem with them . . . though till now, I've never held onto one long enough to test the theory on the bad transmissions.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #14
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
This would be awesome to have on GM products. The key here to Chrysler being able to offer this is that the 'lifetime' warranty is non transferrable. Most people who can afford to buy a brand new car put themselves in a position to buy another brand new car within 5-7 years, if not sooner. It's the 2nd and 3rd owners that would benefit from this and the warranty will not apply to them.

The small population of new vehicles that are retained by their original owners for 10+ years would most likely be well maintained with low mileage. These vehicles would probably never require an engine, transmission or differential.

With all that said, it still would be pretty cool to have on GM products. Imagine blowing up the motor in your 2009 Camaro in the year 2030 and bringing it back to the dealership for a warranty replacement!!!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote