Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
OP does not drive a race car moron. It's not a Z06 either. Your experience is as vast as your eagerness to prove your intelligence (or lack thereof) in a thread about tires. Dude your tool level is near EPIC proportions.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
OP is looking for tires that work on his particular application. If your don't race your 5th Gen Camaro please STFU.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #17
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Whatever man. The 5th gen is a car, just like any other. I see you are one of "those people" who think it's something it isn't. Also, you started out by quoting me, not the other way around. You could have simply stated your opinion and we could have both moved on. Obviously you think you are something you are not as well. Don't let your pride get the best of you. I was trying to be nice and somewhat agreeable earlier and you just decided to be a douche. Be who you are. Later.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #18
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
You guys are bickering over tires

Thanks for the info both of you. I will definitely check everything out.

Any chance you guys could link me to something since you probably have a better idea of what I need.

I will be putting them on the rear specifically for drags. When I am done I will be ptuuing the pirellis back on.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post

Any chance you guys could link me to something since you probably have a better idea of what I need.

I will be putting them on the rear specifically for drags. When I am done I will be ptuuing the pirellis back on.
Are you looking for an 18" wheel as well?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #20
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:

I know, I feel ashamed. if you have a 6 speed then I recommend bias ply Mickey Thompson et streets, biggest is 17 inch though. otherwise, et street radials in your size, Hoosiers or lex likes nittos....
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #21
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I will agree they are better than a stock tire but they still spin. I am not sure what your definition of "just fine" is but I have had Nittos, BFGs, and MT ET Streets and Street Radials on my street cars and Nittos are terrible for good 60 fts.

With a MT you can dump the clutch at 6 grand if you want and they will hook and that is with 850 HP in my Z06....

I have had Nitto 555Rs with 400 HP that don't hook.... To me, a 1.8 or 1.9 60 ft isn't even worth driving to the track. A stock powered car will get a 1.65 60 ft when it hooks so anything less is less than an ideal run, why bother? Because going in a straight line in 13.5 seconds is "fun?"

I race NHRA and IHRA Super Stock, race shifter karts, own some very high HP cars, tune stock cars and trucks as well as powerful ones.... I don't know what your background is besides having a supercharger on a Camaro but encouraging people to spend good money on tires to take to the track that simply do not have great traction is a horrible recommendation.

Why not just use what works best the first time??? The guy didn't say he wants a daily driver tire that works better than stock at the drag strip. he asked where he can get some decent drag radials. Key word is decent. Decent starts at BFG. Nittos are hardly decent (for the strip).

OP, if you are looking for something to use at the strip (and drive to and from the strip) I recommend Mickey Thompsons all day long. If you are looking for something you can put on your car without swapping them out, BFGs are better than Nittos but either will work.

If you go with MT, keep in mind radials are great for an automatic but if you have a stick, I only use ET Streets (non-radials). The sidewall takes the hit of the stick much better, radials hop and break parts....

Here is a clip of my old Z06 on ET Streets (non radials). Headers and a 100 dry shot only (and Pfadt coilovers on road course mode, lol):

http://www.streetfire.net/video/2001...gto_139156.htm
I have run 1.6x 60' times on a Nitto DR many times. They were 05s as opposed to 555 but still a decent street/strip tire. In case you didn't know.....you are kind of full of yourself dude.

Quote:
I race NHRA and IHRA Super Stock, race shifter karts, own some very high HP cars, tune stock cars and trucks as well as powerful ones....

People are funny. Oh well.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #22
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post

I know, I feel ashamed. if you have a 6 speed then I recommend bias ply Mickey Thompson et streets, biggest is 17 inch though. otherwise, et street radials in your size, Hoosiers or lex likes nittos....
He can't get a 17" unless he's willing to pay $600+ per wheel. Most likely he will be getting 18's because you can get a vette wheel for next to nothing. I went into the 10's on an 18" M & H drag radial. 1.60 60's. It was a nice tire.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:

Forget these two bozos...I think they might be in love.

If you are going to use them for a strip only application and want to run your regular radials on the street then I would definitely go ET streets. They hook the best but are a terrible tire out on the street...any rain will put you in the ditch unless you slow down to a crawl and they won't wear very well.....but if you are willing to change them over to race then they hook the best.

Ninja edit: Jamie is right...go with 18s as the wheel choices are dirt cheap. Most people use Corvette wheels.

Ninja edit #2: If you are going to run your regular radials in the front then think twice about running the bias ply version of ET Streets.....mixing radials and bias can give you a squirrely ride on the big end. Many have done it, but be prepared if that's the route you go.

Good luck.
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust

Last edited by HufferSS; 07-08-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #24
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Forget these two bozos...I think they might be in love.

If you are going to use them for a strip only application and want to run your regular radials on the street then I would definitely go ET streets. They hook the best but are a terrible tire out on the street...any rain will put you in the ditch unless you slow down to a crawl and they won't wear very well.....but if you are willing to change them over to race then they hook the best.

Ninja edit: Jamie is right...go with 18s as the wheel choices are dirt cheap. Most people use Corvette wheels.

Good luck.

Wtf is a ninja edit?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post

Wtf is a ninja edit?

Who knows....but it was apparently a big deal to Boson Higgenbottom the professional racer/photographer and most interesting man in the world so I figured I would add one to my post too.

ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #26
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Are you looking for an 18" wheel as well?
Whatever will work lol.

Quote:
He can't get a 17" unless he's willing to pay $600+ per wheel. Most likely he will be getting 18's because you can get a vette wheel for next to nothing. I went into the 10's on an 18" M & H drag radial. 1.60 60's. It was a nice tire.
Many people have told me to get those vette wheels bc they are cheap and hook well. I don't know what kind of wheel that is though lol.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #27
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Who knows....but it was apparently a big deal to Boson Higgenbottom the professional racer/photographer and most interesting man in the world so I figured I would add one to my post too.

Wait, so he is able to take pictures of himself drag racing?! That's def some ninja shit right there! Currently I'm only qualified to tackle one task at a time so no ninja title for me.:(
Old 07-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #28
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Whatever will work lol.

Many people have told me to get those vette wheels bc they are cheap and hook well. I don't know what kind of wheel that is though lol.
Ok, on the vette wheel you'll need a 40 mm offset. Here's what you should do. PM Blazzin on here. That guy is the vette wheel pimp. He knows what will work and what's the best place. I got mine in 2009 but they were like $250 each. He can do much better.