Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
ExtremeV6

Drives: V6 '12 1LT RS
2012 wiring digram (LT) for remote amp turn on

Hey guys. I've review the pinned threads in this section of the forum but I'm not finding what I need. All the radio wiring diagrams in this forum are for the BCM x1 through x3 for 2010-2011 and they are not matching up on my 2012.

My LT has the stock radio setup non-boston acoustics. Trying to find a wire to tap in to (in the x1-x3 locations) for a remote turn on for an external amp but not sure which wire. I don't want to hard wire to the battery with a switch, that's poo-poo.

Assistance is appreciated.
ExtremeV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
white wire, pin 43, on the black 44 wire plug. You can also go to the cigarette lighter plu to eliminate the gm turn off pop. If you use the white wire you need to get Metra's "TRIGGER" to elimnate the turn off pop.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
ExtremeV6

Drives: V6 '12 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggnFrameGMC View Post
white wire, pin 43, on the black 44 wire plug. You can also go to the cigarette lighter plu to eliminate the gm turn off pop. If you use the white wire you need to get Metra's "TRIGGER" to elimnate the turn off pop.
What do you mean by cigarette light plu?
ExtremeV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
DraggnFrameGMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeV6 View Post
What do you mean by cigarette light plu?
There's a power point just in front of the shifter in the console. You can tap into that for your remote wire, but it will always stay on even if the radio is off. But if you do use that spot you wont get the turn off pop. You could also run a switch in-line to turn it off whenever you wanted also.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
Blacky

Drives: Camaro 2010
Hi

is it possible to bridge the -- white wire, pin 43, on the black 44 wire plug
with the 12v cigarette lighter plus ???

i have no 12V on the white wire, pin 43 .... cant find a damaged fuse.. and find not th elokation from where the wire comes.. Relay BCM ??? but in the moment i have no 12V on the radio and on the AMP in ther rear..

the backround was... the interface Box from my metra kit is burnd up... dont know why... have had no troubles since 2 -3 jears. now i look to connekt the aftermarkt radio direkt to the Camaro but find out the i have no Remote on the stock wire..
if i bridge (for Test) the white wire with konstant 12v all funktions works... AMP and Radio turns on
Old 10-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
DraggnFrameGMC

I guess if it works go for it. I wouldnt recommend joining different circuits like that, I would try and trace down the problem