Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #1
Jarret

Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1 - Summit White
Question To Valet Or Not To Valet?

Ok, so I know some on here are very against using a valet while other's don't mind using it.

I'm heading into Vegas this coming weekend with my brother for EDC and will be staying at Mandalay Bay.

I'd love to take the Camaro of course on the road trip because it is fun to drive but I'm hesitant about using valet service. I've done some searching on here and it seems to be that some people have had/heard bad experiences while others haven't had any issues.

The current plan is to arrive on Friday and we will be there until Monday morning. We won't be using the car at all since we will be busy sleeping/festivaling so the car will sit the entire time.

I've never used a valet service before. I've read on here that some people just tell the valet to get in the car with them and tell them where to park and then tip the valet. Is that something that is possible?

I know that a 14 1SS Camaro isn't all that fancy and they valet much more expensive vehicles but this is still my vehicle and I look after it. If I'm not able to park it myself, others have said that they take the keys after the valet returns....so I guess that would be my 2nd option? I just don't want any joyriding to happen for whatever reason.

Or should I just rent a car and not worry at all?
Jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Just dont valet. You can park your car yourself at any hotel I believe. Call the hotel ahead of time to verify.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #3
Jarret

Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1 - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Just dont valet. You can park your car yourself at any hotel I believe. Call the hotel ahead of time to verify.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I don't want to park it just anywhere though. Don't valet services usually have a section for themselves or do they just drive off and park it in the same area that everybody else parks in?

Last thing I want is some idiot keying the car or something as I've seen others post on here about.
Jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
I have parked my Jewel at Mandalay Bay many of times. Lots of Camaros in Vegas so people tend to leave them alone. It is basically just another car in this town.

Edit: How about you drop your baby off at my house and I will babysit it
Old 06-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
My car will never see a valet. Sure its not a Ferrari but it is a manual transmission car with over 400 HP.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
when I park on the strip, it's usually at mandalay or mgm. the valet at mandalay is also pretty good. But yeah, I just park it myself most of the time, at those locations.

oh, and yes, valet has their own section they park in.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarret View Post
Ok, so I know some on here are very against using a valet while other's don't mind using it.

I'm heading into Vegas this coming weekend with my brother for EDC and will be staying at Mandalay Bay.

I'd love to take the Camaro of course on the road trip because it is fun to drive but I'm hesitant about using valet service. I've done some searching on here and it seems to be that some people have had/heard bad experiences while others haven't had any issues.

The current plan is to arrive on Friday and we will be there until Monday morning. We won't be using the car at all since we will be busy sleeping/festivaling so the car will sit the entire time.

I've never used a valet service before. I've read on here that some people just tell the valet to get in the car with them and tell them where to park and then tip the valet. Is that something that is possible?

I know that a 14 1SS Camaro isn't all that fancy and they valet much more expensive vehicles but this is still my vehicle and I look after it. If I'm not able to park it myself, others have said that they take the keys after the valet returns....so I guess that would be my 2nd option? I just don't want any joyriding to happen for whatever reason.

Or should I just rent a car and not worry at all?
Old 06-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
valet it, Vegas can handle another camaro..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
Arbgast

Drives: DRIVES 2014 2SS RS convertible
The big hotels have there own parking areas for valet. So if a scratch shows up. It came from them.
Arbgast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #10
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
I never valet any of my vehicles period!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #11
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Get a CarChip Pro. Won't stop them from joyriding, but you'll have proof to show the hotel management.

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
I have a hand held tuner in the trunk - I can upload a "Valet Tune" as needed. RPM's are limited to 2,000 so it isn't much fun to beat on. I know this is only good for "tuned" cars but it does come in handy more than you might think.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #13
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
I don't let anyone drive my car let alone someone I don't know.

I remember seeing a video a few weeks ago about a valet wrecking an Aventador. I don't know what 'training' they recieve but I don't trust them
Old 06-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #14
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
No way!
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote